Boycott the Rugby Champions Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    Back on topic if the Unions do cede control I won't be going along, I'd be quite happy to follow Munster in the league and support the local club. If it does end up going pear shaped and Munster end up in the RCC then treat it as a development opportunity for younger players, play a second string and concentrate on winning the league year in year out. If the supporters back the league and travel in big numbers then that would be great. Watch the RCC going down the tube.
    But the PRL and LNR would fine us for fielding weakened teams...
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
      I know you've spent time in Israel, but this is too judas...
      I am sure Old Dog would be quick to remind us all that its entertainment and he wants to see the best of the best playing against each other. Will be watching this with interest as will the vast majority I suspect despite their nonsense talk
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
        I am sure Old Dog would be quick to remind us all that its entertainment and he wants to see the best of the best playing against each other. Will be watching this with interest as will the vast majority I suspect despite their nonsense talk
        I have my suspicions that OD was involved in proceedings over the weekend in a 'waspish' way.

Comment

Would it not be a more productive pursuit to unite with the other supporters clubs within Irish regions and other pro12 clubs and lobby the pro12 unions and media to structure and promote the league better so that we are not so reliant on European rugby in future.
          The general public are only really interested in seeing the top players doing battle and the media only really interested on reporting on them. Its hardfor munMunster rugby to convince 20k + to travel to TP to see how squad players do against the squad players of the ospreys. Many would be travelling from mid afternoon on a match day and returning after midnight. The diehards will but how do you convince the casual fan its worth it?
          A restructuring of the league is required combined with a more committed media is required and that's where our energies should focus not boycotting Europe or online petitions on Europe( do we need 2 threads?). Suggestions on how we organise the lobby and restructure the league would be helpful.

Comment

Ah, as a civil servant he'd be easily bought off .....

This still wouldn't be the best playing the best when you consider the number of English clubs taking part.

Comment

Whats so wrong with it?

Why should zebra be in top flight competition? why shouldnt all clubs get an equal slice of the pie?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                Whats so wrong with it?

Why should zebra be in top flight competition? why shouldnt all clubs get an equal slice of the pie?
                Zebre are in because Italy holds two slots, and they're in the top 2 in Italy.

And Italy have two slots because part of the point of the competition is to strengthen the club game across Europe and have a viable professional structure in each of the 6 nations.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Maybe the various Unions might also allow us to develop a decent league by stopping the nonsense player management systems which restrict the appearances of the top players in the league. The priority is International , HC /RCC, then finally the league. Until this changes fans will stay away
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

If we, the province's, are signed up to the RCC then I fear we will have little choice but to support the bastard competition and keep winning the f**king thing to the point the PRL will, likely, try to either throw us out or further decrease our annual subvention to the point there is little point us playing in the RCC.

I don't think this will happen because I firmly believe that whilst it is not clear cut we are in quite a strong position and certainly not in the weakened position the PRL spin-doctor's are trying to portray us to be in. The WRU, I believe, made record profits last season. The IRFU are in a strong enough financial position and the FIR are no slouches on the finance front either IMO. The SRU are not in great shakes but things will get better especially with Glasgow playing some decent stuff and Edinburgh potentially getting stronger under Solly.

The galvanising effect this will have on the Rabo should also not be underestimated. It is now directly in Sky's influence to push the Rabo as a league and the teams will need to stand up and be counted here. If we deliver a popular league platform for BSkyB we will be onto a winner IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
                      If we, the province's, are signed up to the RCC then I fear we will have little choice but to support the bastard competition and keep winning the f**king thing to the point the PRL will, likely, try to either throw us out or further decrease our annual subvention to the point there is little point us playing in the RCC.

I don't think this will happen because I firmly believe that whilst it is not clear cut we are in quite a strong position and certainly not in the weakened position the PRL spin-doctor's are trying to portray us to be in. The WRU, I believe, made record profits last season. The IRFU are in a strong enough financial position and the FIR are no slouches on the finance front either IMO. The SRU are not in great shakes but things will get better especially with Glasgow playing some decent stuff and Edinburgh potentially getting stronger under Solly.

The galvanising effect this will have on the Rabo should also not be underestimated. It is now directly in Sky's influence to push the Rabo as a league and the teams will need to stand up and be counted here. If we deliver a popular league platform for BSkyB we will be onto a winner IMO.

Agree,

Comment

But how do we deliver a popular league platform RHH?
                        If we had one we would be in a much stronger position now.

Comment

Originally posted by exiled to connacht View Post
                          But how do we deliver a popular league platform RHH?
                          If we had one we would be in a much stronger position now.
                          Scheduling would be one thing that could be changed to strenghten the Rabo.

Comment

If the RCC forces teams to treat Rabo with bit more respect and we have situation where teams play there front lie players far more than is the case right now, and gives the league a bit of credibility, sounds like great idea to me.

Comment

Maybe the various Unions might also allow us to develop a decent league by stopping the nonsense player management systems which restrict the appearances of the top players in the league. The priority is International , HC /RCC, then finally the league. Until this changes fans will stay away
                              Don't the PRL and LNR rest their players as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                                Don't the PRL and LNR rest their players as well ?
                                Nothing like the amount we do. They go straight back in for pre-season while our guys are swanning around Europe on their holidays, seeing the sights in Paris, Perpignan, Biarritz etc
                                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Working...
                                X