Boycott the Rugby Champions Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Is there the possibility that this is a small bit premature?

Shouldn't we wait and see what competition Munster are competing in? A guardian article hasn't a whole lot of credibility at the moment given their brazen public support of the PRL.

I'm waiting to see what the official announcement, and thereby putting my faith in the parent unions to salvage a fair compromise.
    This site is about conjecture, wild accusations, supposition, dreams, dilemmas etc. don't go and spoil the fun when the hint if a Lynching comes about.
    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      I believe that one Edward O'Sullivan is advising the IRFU on these discussions with Harry Inc.
      Well that's me done for so. I've had it coming
      Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

A boycott of any competition Munster signs up to is essentially a boycott of Munster -
        See the dilemma? Sort of a pair-a-Docs...Catch on the 22 as it were.

Comment

I think a confrontational or demand driven campaign is likely to achieve little.

What's needed, if anything, is a positive statement of the power of the current competition and the value it holds.

As Point suggested, an open letter from the Supporters Clubs but not one insisting on anything - more encouraging the Union to hold their line, and affirming the continued commitment of fans to the HEC (a group whose voice has been notably absent so far).

If there's campaigning to be done (and I suspect there isn't) then it's for, not against.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
            I think a confrontational or demand driven campaign is likely to achieve little.

What's needed, if anything, is a positive statement of the power of the current competition and the value it holds.

As Point suggested, an open letter from the Supporters Clubs but not one insisting on anything - more encouraging the Union to hold their line, and affirming the continued commitment of fans to the HEC (a group whose voice has been notably absent so far).

If there's campaigning to be done (and I suspect there isn't) then it's for, not against.
            Excellent - and perhaps coordinated with the other 3 provinces as well? A bit of solidarity? This would have to be organised by and between the boards of each SC I would imagine? Is it a worthy endeavor?

Comment

A far better boycott would be of away games. With banners and signs at home games saying as much.
              Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
              http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

I am looking forward to the Rugby Champions Cup, anyone got a decent link?
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  I am currently in negotiation with the Unions over the profits from the t-shirts. We are at a standstill. They are saying I am a bastard who is only after the money and have no love of the game, but this is of course is not true. I am not a pimp. My potential sponsors for the shirts Chanel and Timberland are awaiting word but are not happy. English & French clubs have also contacted me to say they will sue me if I do the t-shirt campaign, so I told them go **** themselves and if I hear any more lip from them I'd go over and burn their clubs to the ground.
                  This is old news ...

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                    I am looking forward to the Rugby Champions Cup, anyone got a decent link?
                    I know you've spent time in Israel, but this is too judas...

Comment

If this championship comes into existence, I'll be done with following professional rugby. I won't be renewing my season ticket next year. I've no interest in watching rugby go the same was as the soccer has.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
                        Let's make it clear that if the Unions cede control of the competition then we will boycott the RCC.
                        Back on topic if the Unions do cede control I won't be going along, I'd be quite happy to follow Munster in the league and support the local club. If it does end up going pear shaped and Munster end up in the RCC then treat it as a development opportunity for younger players, play a second string and concentrate on winning the league year in year out. If the supporters back the league and travel in big numbers then that would be great. Watch the RCC going down the tube.
                        Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                          I know you've spent time in Israel, but this is too judas...
                          Sure he thinks he is from Cork as well!
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Fans will go where the star players are.
                            Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                              Fans will go where the star players are.
                              France is a long way to go for us though?

Comment

Working...
                              X