Boycott the Rugby Champions Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boycott the Rugby Champions Cup

It is looking increasingly likely that this season will mark the end of the Heineken European Cup and that it will be replaced next season with the Rugby Champions Cup.

Let's make it clear that if the Unions cede control of the competition then we will boycott the RCC.
    Last edited by glorob; 28th-October-2013, 22:13.

Well all know that while people may speak a fine game with their principles they won't stay away from Munster in a European competition. Our fans are probably the worst for traditionally treating the celtic league with contempt so asking them to attend solely that won't sit too well.

Comment

I suppose one would have to be somewhat proactive to actually boycott it, but for me it would have no integrity and I just couldn't be arsed going to it. Same end result tho.
      Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Ironic that Glorob, for the first time in living memory, isn't obsessing about buying tickets.

p.s. If Munster were playing in the "Barrow Gasworks Reserves/Nigel Wray Pizza Benefit European Cup" and that was the only gig in town, thousands would still go to see it. Imagine if full MRSC membership required a season ticket for this tournament to be purchased?
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Boycott wont work - once a RCC begins and we're in it the game is up
          Protests, big banners "Hand off our European Cup greedy Sassanachs" or some such like could help. You can be sure Sky cameras will show them

Comment

Harry - what about another t shirt campaign?
            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Oh tis been a while since we had a "Harry Special" when it comes to T-Shirts.
              "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

I'm usually well up for a boycott. I'm on a one man economic mission against a whole range of stuff. But "to what end" is usually a good question. In the hope that they'll abandon it? Not if the deals are signed, I fear.

This is an argument that needs to be won up front, I fear. Once we're in we're in.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  I'm usually well up for a boycott. I'm on a one man economic mission against a whole range of stuff. But "to what end" is usually a good question. In the hope that they'll abandon it? Not if the deals are signed, I fear.

This is an argument that needs to be won up front, I fear. Once we're in we're in.
                  Exactly, it would be closing the stable door after the horse had bolted. If there was anything we could do now, it is for the various Supporters Clubs to write open letters of support to Philip Browne in the IRFU, copying UK & Irish National newspapers. The Unions may have capitulated already but it is worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellethebod View Post
                    Oh tis been a while since we had a "Harry Special" when it comes to T-Shirts.

RCC= Royal Cnuts Collaboration

Mine is a medium please.
                    Last edited by Boo-boo; 29th-October-2013, 09:46.
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Support your club in Thomond, NO travelling away going to English,French or Welsh teams.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sayno.gif
Views:	1
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2478154
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Is there the possibility that this is a small bit premature?

Shouldn't we wait and see what competition Munster are competing in? A guardian article hasn't a whole lot of credibility at the moment given their brazen public support of the PRL.

I'm waiting to see what the official announcement, and thereby putting my faith in the parent unions to salvage a fair compromise.
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                            Harry - what about another t shirt campaign?
                            I am currently in negotiation with the Unions over the profits from the t-shirts. We are at a standstill. They are saying I am a bastard who is only after the money and have no love of the game, but this is of course is not true. I am not a pimp. My potential sponsors for the shirts Chanel and Timberland are awaiting word but are not happy. English & French clubs have also contacted me to say they will sue me if I do the t-shirt campaign, so I told them go **** themselves and if I hear any more lip from them I'd go over and burn their clubs to the ground.
                            Last edited by Harry; 29th-October-2013, 10:39.
                            Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

I believe that one Edward O'Sullivan is advising the IRFU on these discussions with Harry Inc.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Working...
                              X