Munster v Ospreys Saturday 2 Nov. KO 7.15pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Boy View Post
    I am just wondering how Munster at home to Ospreys, 1 v 2 at present, is on TG4. While Leinster away to Dragons gets prime billing on RTE. Doesn't make sense to me.
    to be honest i would rather all of the way games on rte with the home on tg4... might help boost numbers attending the home games a bit. lots of people decide last minute to stay at home if the weathers poor for a home game. would be more beneficial to attendances if the home games were in irish IMO

Comment

Originally posted by davesweets View Post
      to be honest i would rather all of the way games on rte with the home on tg4... might help boost numbers attending the home games a bit :) lots of people decide last minute to stay at home if the weathers poor for a home game. would be more beneficial to attendances IMO
      I can almost get over the poorer picture we're forced to put up with on TG4 V RTE HD . . . . . the difference is massive!!!!

But those two clowns they have on discussing the game, I nearly wish mo chuid Gaeilge was poor when they start so I didn't understand them. One of them in particular has a set against Munster. Their analysis is terrible imo.

Why not use the likes of L Fitzgearld, R Loughney, Flannery etc . . .not them specifically but similar. There are players/ former players out there who speak Gaeilge well enough.

Comment

Anyone here particularly worried about the style that the Ospreys employ? Not saying they're a great team, they're a good team but - as with boxing -style can be everything. They attack the ruck ferociously and have the fastest defensive line speed of any team in the pro12. Of course, their scrum is good as well. If our backs play deep and pass the ball 20 meters backwards (as they have done from time to time in the past this season) then the Ospreys defensive line could cause us a lot of trouble.

Comment

I agree, we've been vulnerable to that sort of approach before, with Edinburgh and Treviso being recent examples. However Leinster, Glasgow and of course the Ospreys themselves have all successfully employed such tactics against us over the past few seasons.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

If Munster can replicate the aggression and intensity of Scotstoun they'll be able to beat The O's.

It's which Munster turn up though.
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              If Munster can replicate the aggression and intensity of Scotstoun they'll be able to beat The O's.

It's which Munster turn up though.
              Or against Leinster for that matter. We need the pack to make a lot of quick clear outs and carries and have Downey trucking up first phase ball too. The best way to combat a rush defence is to keep it narrow til you put it on the back foot, only go wide when you have them disorganised.

With Coughlan, POC, Sherry, Archer, POM, Murray and Earls presumably off with Ireland, would like to see:

Killer, Varley, BJ
              DOC, Foley
              DOC2, Dougall, Stander
              Sheridan, JJ
              ROM, Downey, Laulala, Conway
              Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                Or against Leinster for that matter. We need the pack to make a lot of quick clear outs and carries and have Downey trucking up first phase ball too. The best way to combat a rush defence is to keep it narrow til you put it on the back foot, only go wide when you have them disorganised.

With Coughlan, POC, Sherry, Archer, POM, Murray and Earls presumably off with Ireland, would like to see:

Killer, Varley, BJ
                DOC, Foley
                DOC2, Dougall, Stander
                Sheridan, JJ
                ROM, Downey, Laulala, Conway
                Murphy
                Nice team and good basic idea for how to beat the rush.

The problem I see it is the Penney game plan. Either the actual plan itself or how the players manage to mangle it at times. If we start spreading it side to side we could be in trouble against the Ospreys. Leinster have a good defense but they sit back more than the Ospreys. Whenever we spread it there's generally a forward in the line who's passing is a bit awkward, he'll be the link in the line that they'll target.

I'd go for Hanrahan to start as he likes to chip behind rushing defenses (yes I know it doesn't work out sometime) and as we have seen he has a break himself and an outhalf who has a nice chip and a good break is something that can worry a rush defense. I'd love to see a winger run hard on the outhalf's blindside as well, perfect for dealing with a rush defence.

Comment

JJ at12. Keats at10 where he poses a running threat, the space is behind the onrushing defensive line. Munster haven't got to grips with it in a long time. But Penney play might be the way.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                    JJ at12. Keats at10 where he poses a running threat, the space is behind the onrushing defensive line. Munster haven't got to grips with it in a long time. But Penney play might be the way.
                    JJ 10, Keats 12 would be my preference. Will the Hairsprays will be without their National players?

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                      Except Keatley drops back, neutralising that.

But JJ 10, Keatley 12 - hmmm.
                      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Jj seems to have the better step though, & might do more in traffic
                        Last edited by rathbaner; 27th-October-2013, 10:18.

Comment

Look at us discuss ing options at 10& 12! Tis far from that we were reared

Comment

Well fancy that, two options at 10!
                            I'd like to see Jauge with Ma'a outside of him next season.
                            Last edited by ustix; 27th-October-2013, 10:03.
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I kept meaning to ask, does anyone know why Keatley wasn't involved in the 23 against Glasgow...... did Diamond Joe ask to have him held back?

And another question, what did people think of Billy Holland's performance? From watching it live he seemed to me to be very much outplayed by DOC and gave away a very bad penalty around 79 mins for sealing off when we were trying to wind down the clock. Having said that, I was so on edge watching the 2nd half the last day I got to stage where I wasn't even taking notice of who was making the tackles, so I might be completely and he could have made about 50 tackles when all I saw were red jerseys flinging themselves at the ball carrier!

Completely agree with PP & T78, I'd really like to see JJ-10 and Keats-12. JJ gave an almost complete performance the last day, if I lost the jersey after that I'd be fairly pissed off!

Comment

I just hope Munster beat these English wannabe crawlers
                                clowns

Comment

Working...
                                X