Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shannon Girl
    Originally posted by Harry

I knew it was a matter of time before the limerick spastics were waiting for the chance. Call yourself a fan my hole.

Who do you think you are calling us spastics?? Were you saing that tonight when all Limerick based players scored the tries?? Where would you be with out us?? f**k off back to Cork so with your one senior team and your hanful of senior players and leave us alone to play rugby. When all this blows over and ye'r off supporting whatever the next craze is, we'll still be here playing real rugby. . . . you spastic.

shut up you gowl.
    Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

christ we won nothing until last year, we win it and our fans want head to roll when we dont win it the following year. what have we become.

Celtic Cup

Comment

Originally posted by The Dave

christ we won nothing until last year, we win it and our fans want head to roll when we dont win it the following year. what have we become.

Celtic Cup

...and the Celtic League

Comment

c'mon we were going to lose sometime and maybe kidney is the one behind the selection and tactics but the players are the ones that screwed up, are we turning into the english soccer fans where if something goes wrong we call for the managers head that will get us no where

Comment

Hands upthose of you whogot out of the wrong side of the bed this morning!

Comment

i meant in terms of the H cup Dave

I'm going to log off now before I say something really terrible, Shannon girl is no doubt after me now for calling her a gowl as well, I'll be hated now before you know, if I'm not hated already [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
              Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Lot of emotion here clearly, but what could Kidney do? Do you think he
                see's teams with players like D'Arcy and O'Driscoll and thinks "yeah
                they're pretty good, but i'm happier with Kelly", Munster rugby has
                never been about the backs and this has been accelerated in the pro
                game, we're falling over great forwards here but from underage right
                through we've either no interest or ability in producing backs. When
                talent does come through, we go for the more solid dependable player
                than the the guy who might score 2 tries but will almost certainly
                concede at least one, it's understandable but it kills us when we come
                against more complete teams.
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                  Lot of emotion here clearly, but what could Kidney do? Do you think he

see's teams with players like D'Arcy and O'Driscoll and thinks "yeah

they're pretty good, but i'm happier with Kelly", Munster rugby has

never been about the backs and this has been accelerated in the pro

game, we're falling over great forwards here but from underage right

through we've either no interest or ability in producing backs. When

talent does come through, we go for the more solid dependable player

than the the guy who might score 2 tries but will almost certainly

concede at least one, it's understandable but it kills us when we come

against more complete teams.

Amen, you can say the same thing about Irish rugby in general though not just Munster.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

i was talking withone of most senior players during the week about how fans turn on a team after a game (it was not munster fans we where talking about) and he made the comment how a team that every one is praising can be rubbish after one game and the fans turn on them.

last season everyone called for DK's head after the sale match and at the end of the season he was the best coach in the world.

true last night was a disaster but is it all DK's fault or any one players fault? he has tried to bring in players murphy, fitzgearld, kearney, mauger and many more but they either would not come or we could not afford them. they are developing the youth set up. this does not happen over night. he is developing the team. we bascically have the irsih team from 1-10. so i pressume everyone is happy with them. at 12 i pressume we are all happy for now. at 13 (barry murphy) we are happy. at 15 we are happy for this season maby not next season(payne) so what do you want the guy to do??? we played with hand we where dealt alst night but did not play well.

but i must say i do find the limrk - cork thing where you see peopel calling for DR (one good game for munster) to be brought i for a proven irish international a bit much. like that would have made a diff last night. earls....how many times has he played for munster?? and then you put him in for the HC QF???? mossie (a very good club player and a very nice guy as well) is always mentioned and buckley. its always the same why are shannon players not in?? they are not in cause they are not good enough. next ting people will be calling for mick galway to coach the team?? MOD played injured last night. he has not really trained since the italy match....give the guy abreak.

we are victims of our success we have the irish pack playing for us and they where out on their feet last night. but abit of perspective. DK is not a bad coach, the team does not need an huge over hall. there are still cup's in this team, we need to get a few quality backs with pace out wide andkeep developing the youth set up.

but lets not turn on the team or individuals as the captain said last night we win as a team and lose as a team.

Comment

That's a good post ECHO. We have plenty of talented fringe
                      players in the forwards, Ryan, Hurley, O'Sullivan, Buckley, McCann. If
                      there is a criticism of DK (& it's a criticism that can be made
                      about any coach in Irish provincial or intl rugby) it's that perhaps
                      these players dont get a fair crack of the whip when the intls come
                      back.

As for the backs, next season we have Warwick who can play (10 or 12),
                      Lewis (12 or 13), Earls, Carney, Larrangue (j'espére) & do we
                      expect N. Ronan to join (as a back). Hopefully we have the makings of a
                      good backline there.
                      Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

this topic is an embarrasement

from the talk of throwing earls in to face regan king etc. Maybe none of you have considered that too many of the munster players have been listening to declan kidney for too long- i think the setup is stale- that's no reflection on kidney it happens to every team.

Jesus will someone just delete this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcork
                          That's a good post ECHO. We have plenty of talented fringe players in the forwards, Ryan, Hurley, O'Sullivan, Buckley, McCann. If there is a criticism of DK (& it's a criticism that can be made about any coach in Irish provincial or intl rugby) it's that perhaps these players dont get a fair crack of the whip when the intls come back.

As for the backs, next season we have Warwick who can play (10 or 12), Lewis (12 or 13), Earls, Carney, Larrangue (j'espére) & do we expect N. Ronan to join (as a back). Hopefully we have the makings of a good backline there.

would any one have MCCann on ahead of wally?

JOS (who has been playing well) on ahead of leamy?

ryan on ahead of POC or DOC??

and as for buckley when his contact is up he will be let go and should be no where near the team.

if these guys where better than the international players they would get in the team but they are not so they dont. DK seems them day in day out. to be honest if kindey does x and it doesnt work he should have done y if he does y he should have done x....

hopefully we will get some pace out wide next seaosn and take it from there. all the signs are that DK and GF are trying to do this

Comment

Dont agree. In Irish rugby we are very slow to give fringe players a
                            chance. In fact DK is ahead of others in this regard. A squad is a
                            squad and players can be rotated. If JOS had played I'm sure he'd have
                            let no-one down. If Leamy started on the bench (not saying he should
                            have but just illustrating my point) would it have been that shocking
                            as he'd have made a great impact sub. If you always start your 1st XV,
                            all you'll ever have is a 1st XV. The irish team is the living proof of
                            this.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ECHO

would any one have MCCann on ahead of wally?

JOS (who has been playing well) on ahead of leamy?

ryan on ahead of POC or DOC??

For the first 2 questions, I'd say no. But for the third one a more pertinent question should be would you have D Ryan on ahead of MOD?

And I think, without a doubt, Ryan should have started ahead of Micko last night. Micko looked out of his depth and disinterested (relative to the level expected for the HEC QF) in all facets of his play. When Ryan came on and last week, he looked lively and a really decent prospect to take DOC's place on a regular basis, eventually.

The only way a guy like Donnacha Ryan is going to improve to that point is if he's given these games, which he looks like he's ready for.
                              You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

The solution is clear.Write off next year.We have the sponsorship etc so use next year to realign the side.Play JOS DR Mcgann , Carney etc and build a side to win in 2009.

ack Mc Cann had rose tinted glasses of Barry McGann(age demonstrative).

Eamo
                                I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.
                                HL Mencken

Comment

Working...
                                X