Why I am not upset ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I am not upset ?

No I am not.. why. because we went there for the first time in years and we did not show up , save for 15 mins near end of game.

Scarlets were thet better side and deserve their day. I hope they win the thing now, but only if Leinster get knocked out. Other than that..cmon Leinster.

Time now for some to leave the fold , and dare I say it, DK, Move on please. I have always said as far back as the shannon board, Bluffer.

Tonight he proved that and also this week. DR, Should have started, JOS. should have been on the bench. But no. As My 68 year old father said to me at half time, if a certain player had any balls about him. he would still be in France.

I watched the game with a former Shannon rfc legend from the 60s , he was dismayed at the lack of balls in the team tonight. His words were. They won it last year... they are all internationals. They want something bigger than the HEC.ME. I Want us to rebuild now.

Not been a dismal season, why ?because it's opened peoples eye's to what was always going to happen. I love Munster rugby ,and thank you for the thrills, but now we move on .

CMON LEINSTER

Could not put it better DT.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

They certainly look like a team who don't know what they are doing apart from grinding out wins. I mentioned this in november in a threadand the reaction I got was "why change a winning formula?". They looked one dimentional and predictabletonight but this was no surprise fromwatching them over the season. How many 4 trybonus points have they in the magners league?

Changes are needed indeed but I wouldn't get rid of DK yet. He has his goos points. A few New Zealand backs coaches who be a good start because we have the players to do better.

Comment

As they say, you learn from defeats like tonight and of course the Leicester game at Thomond Park. There are going to be departures from the squad during the off-season. Halstead is probably done with the team. Cullen probably headed for France andWyatt probably heading back to Wales.

The most interesting changes are going to be with regards to the veteran players on the squad. The likes of Axel, Kelly have been great players for us but has the time arrived for them to say goodbye to the side? Time will tell.

Next season should be prove promising with the likes of Carney, Warwick and hopefully the emergence of Keith Earls into the fold.John O'Sullivan, Donnacha Ryan, Tim Ryan have proven their worth with the side in the ML so hopefully they can step it up next season toincrease the competition in placesfor the side.

Dismal season?Far from it.Kidney has plenty left in the tank and futurewith Munster.They will come back strong next seasonand witha few more quality signings in the off-season,Munsterwill be back stronger than ever.

Comment

But no ideas on how to change the game plan during the game...
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Good Riddence to the back of Cullen too.

Kidney isnt bringing up any new blood, he already lost the likes of Hogan and Keogh how many more will he let go?? The team is getting older he's not the man for the job. Totally blame him for tonight. Even if they did win the HC with him last year I think even if I was coaching them they would of won it in fairness they did it themselves.

Cant touch this do do do do do do do do cant touch this

She\'ll drag the lake
            To keep the vendetta alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon Girl

Kidney isnt bringing up any new blood, he already lost the likes of Hogan and Keogh how many more will he let go?? The team is getting older he's not the man for the job. Totally blame him for tonight. Even if they did win the HC with him last year I think even if I was coaching them they would of won it in fairness they did it themselves.
              So tonight, what exactly would you have done differently?

Comment

Ah dont be too despondent. It was not great but is it all Kidneys fault ?
                I'm not so sure. Lets not be so quick to judge. If the team had one more game together going in to that game, they would have been more organised. Its hard to get your team together at such short notice and expect a cohesive effort overnight.

Sadly Cullen has not the pace or what it takes anyore at that level. A legendary player but unfortunately it never happened for Munster and now he wil go.

Anyway fair play to Llannelli, they have had their hard luck stories.
                We will be back though and I genuinely belive it. We have young players coming through and future is bright and the world cup to look forward to. And if thats not enough sure we have the cricket to get behind now [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan

So tonight, what exactly would you have done differently?
                  For one I wouldnt of mad ROG captin, backs dont make good captins. I would of taken off Mick O'Driscoll and put on Ryen, would of taken off Cullen for Murphy, and I would of had Earls on the bench for Halstead or MAfi, we alreadys saw what wasnt working in the first half why bother leaving them to struggle in the second??? Kindey wont and never could sibstitute players its what their there for.

She\'ll drag the lake

Comment

Backs being bad captains - Don't tell BOD.
                    MOD - He's been your third choice 2nd row for years.
                    Earls - Never played a game for Munster in his life, and you'd throw him in against Regan King?
                    Cullen was about the only fullback you had in the squad. I'd say Murphy would have been a disaster at FB.

Comment

BOD - Not a good captin, backs arnt involved enough in forward play to make calls for the team.
                      MOD - exactly YEARS, time to start bringing up new players, dont think MOD has done anything this season for Munster.
                      Earls - ya I'd throw him in not a bother the guy has played for Ireland hes well able, I've seen him play for years now.
                      Cullen was a disaster cant of gotten anyone much worse.

Anyway I hate picking out players, the team lost as a whole and in my opinion it was down to Kidney and his choices.

She\'ll drag the lake

Comment

@@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">BOD - Not a good captin@@@@/SPAN>, backs arnt involved enough in forward play to make calls for the team.
                        MOD - exactly YEARS, time to start bringing up new players, dont think MOD has done anything this season for Munster.
                        Earls - ya I'd throw him in not a bother the guy has played for Ireland hes well able, I've seen him play for years now.
                        Cullen was a disaster cant of gotten anyone much worse.

Anyway I hate picking out players, the team lost as a whole and in my opinion it was down to Kidney and his choices.
                        [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Not even going to read the rest of your post.

Comment

So Dan, BOD is a good captain in your eyes?

Can you recall that stupid HEC game we lost in Edinboro back in October? Who was captain that night?
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Speaking of Keith Earls, how is it that he is playing for Thomond, considering where his father made his name and all? I am not as well versed on the intricacies of politics and strategies in Limerick club rugby as many here, so maybe they will fill me in.
                            Unrepentant Langer

Comment

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img] dont read it so you just said it all in that last post.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

She\'ll drag the lake

Comment

Working...
                              X