why we lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why we lost

1. poor outside defence (same culprit as against wasps - hate to say i told you so, but I think i counted 3 missed tackles by him in 1st half where we lost the game, and some of these tackles were make or break - one leading to try 1)

2. Outstanding llanelli team effort (munster's trademark so fair balls to them)

3. RoG passing game a *bit* off colour.

4. Captaincy/leadership. e.g. (A): not opting to kick in 60th minute (although they finally did 4 minutes later)

(B) with ten still on the board, opting to run the ball over and over on our own line. Our recent captaincies have lacked composure this season. This is the real loss of foley, not his actual play imho

We should have played Carney (JK had not played in months)

We should have played Donnacha Ryan (MOD was poor and clearly not fit)

ROG should not have been Capt (It does not suit him, Quinny did an excellent job in Ravenhill)

Comment

Thank God we can now say au revoir to thosecheating, wingeingbunch of chokers from the southof ireland.

They have fooled a lot of people for too long that they should be champions ofeurope.

They are the Australians of the northern hemisphere, how much cheating can they convince the referee let them get away with.

If they had to qualify for the tournament & play in a real league at the same time they might warrant some respect.

A sad demise when they try to stack up against real teams like LLanelli ( beaters of Toulouse & Ulster Home & away) Leicester!! at Thomond Park.

Does anyone on here remember the whinges and whines and from those w**k*rs at half back O'Stringer & McGara when Wasps turned them over in Ireland on their way to becoming euro champs?

Comment

Would have to agree with you there. ROG didn't make a good captain, and had enough to worry about as it was. Who could we have put at full back instead of that geriatric?

Believe.

Comment

I dont agree. It was there for everyone to see, we are trying a passing/wide game without any good reason. DK has said it is because we need to 'evolve' , how can running a clueless passing game and ignoring traditional strengths be considered evolution. Leinster style rugby is fine when you have backs to execute it, there isnt a team on the planet who'd try to play a running game with our backs at the expense of our powerful forwards. It hasnt worked and it will not ever work. That is why we lost.

Dont mind the captaincy or poor calls. The basic skills and stupid get the ball out wide attitude was a complete and utter shambles.

Comment

To be fair, Llanelli did a fine job against you up front. You didn't dominate any areas really (except the scrum after about 60 minutes) and you just couldn't get on top of them.

Comment

The amount of knock on's was unreal. Very disappointed, not with loosing because we deserved to but, in the way we just gave ball and position away..
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Lads willl you ever wake up and face facts- its the end of the road for the current team. They've been a fantastic team and achieved the dream of the heineken cup and they'll laways be remembered for that. Instead of berating them -people have to accept the team needs to be rebuilt in certain areas - especially in the backs.

the likes of hurley- ryan-earls- carney-jos- tol etc all need to be integrated ito the team in the next 18 months to add to the remaining players to create a changed team. Alot of you underestimated llanelli - but they proved tonight they are outstanding. we can't keep relying on the same guys all the time.The way some of you go on you'll still want to wheel some of them out when they are in their 50's.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan
                  To be fair, Llanelli did a fine job against you up front. You didn't dominate any areas really (except the scrum after about 60 minutes) and you just couldn't get on top of them.

Thats fair comment Dan, we looked like we had never played together before at times.

Comment

I'm in a very agreeable mood tonight as I think you are right as well SkibRed. I found it very hard to get excited about this game as I just couldn't see how we could win it - everytime they lobbed the balll in the general direction of the backs I was cringing.

Mind you, I was at the Leinster - Connacht game last week, Warwick and Lewis looked promising [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
                    Believe.

Comment

Originally posted by danthefan

yeah im feeling fairly angry now, i dont mind losing when we actuallyplay to the best of our ability but thay was a edisgraceful performance, winning that trophy has been the worst thing to happen to us

Comment

Originally posted by Gaillimh
                        Would have to agree with you there. ROG didn't make a good captain, and had enough to worry about as it was. Who could we have put at full back instead of that geriatric?

Carney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog

Originally posted by Gaillimh

Carney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OD the way the much vaunted Munster pack played today Carney would have frozen to death out on the wing. I don't blame it on the backs the pack failed to front up no platform for the first half = no points. There are a number of players who need to look in a mirror and take a good hard look at themselves.
                          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by shambo

Lads willl you ever wake up and face facts- its the end of the road for the current team. They've been a fantastic team and achieved the dream of the heineken cup and they'll laways be remembered for that. Instead of berating them -people have to accept the team needs to be rebuilt in certain areas - especially in the backs.

the likes of hurley- ryan-earls- carney-jos- tol etc all need to be integrated ito the team in the next 18 months to add to the remaining players to create a changed team. Alot of you underestimated llanelli - but they proved tonight they are outstanding. we can't keep relying on the same guys all the time.The way some of you go on you'll still want to wheel some of them out when they are in their 50's.

Yes and No. We were sh!te alright. But this kind of slump reminds me of the middle pool sections last year. In particular, watching Their jones hairing down the wing in space towards the end reminded me so much of jason robinson in sale last year. At that moment were also throwing the kitchen sink all across the field and paying for it on a dark and horrible evening.

Around that time munster slumped to 50-1 with the bookies, and all was rotten in the kingdom of thomond, but the boys came back.

I don't think we were ever going to win this one (H-cup) but losing it will be good for the team long term. Asking for a triple crown, hcup, and world cup from the same pack is a big ask. i'll settle for two out of three.

Comment

Because your teaam is crap[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Thank God we can now say au revoir to thosecheating, wingeingbunch of chokers from the southof ireland.

They have fooled a lot of people for too long that they should be champions ofeurope.

They are the Australians of the northern hemisphere, how much cheating can they convince the referee let them get away with.

If they had to qualify for the tournament & play in a real league at the same time they might warrant some respect.

A sad demise when they try to stack up against real teams like LLanelli ( beaters of Toulouse & Ulster Home & away) Leicester!! at Thomond Park.

Does anyone on here remember the whinges and whines and from those w**k*rs at half back O'Stringer & McGara when Wasps turned them over in Ireland on their way to becoming euro champs?

Comment

Working...
                              X