Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobbieG
    Thought it was 13,000 for the RDS?

even if 20,000 then, what the f**k is Donnybrook for then?

Schools and minor ML games

Comment

Originally posted by epaddy
      Originally posted by seanp
      Originally posted by sewa

Originally posted by danthefan
      Looks weak.

Iam sure the 8 - 10,000 capacity donnybrook will be superb when its done up too. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Will ye need something that big in donnybrook????????[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

No, we are getting a 20,000 at the RDS. For our huge home crowds. Not that you lot would know anything about that

Like the 3750 you got for the Glasgow game recently? Are they all going to buy 5 seats each or something? Now thatIS affluent.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy
        Originally posted by seanp
        Originally posted by sewa

Looks weak.

Iam sure the 8 - 10,000 capacity donnybrook will be superb when its done up too. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Will ye need something that big in donnybrook????????[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

No, we are getting a 20,000 at the RDS. For our huge home crowds. Not that you lot would know anything about that

Like the 3750 you got for the Glasgow game recently? Are they all
        going to buy 5 seats each or something? Now thatIS affluent.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Who cares about Glasgow when the internationals are away?

Comment

EP I'd suggest you hold your thunder on this one. Your current average figures are massaged by the fact that so many people turned up to see the european champs [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

First of all the attendances that have been recorded for our last few games have been miles off, Dragons have an official attendance of 4700 or something but the ground was essentially full.

Secondly, I always laugh when Munster fans try have a go at Leinster over attendances, once the novelty of a new stadium has worn off it's gonna be half empty at least for many of your ML games. Also keep in mind that you've branded yourselves the best fans in the world.

Comment

I think you'll find that's the media. They do it to sell their wares and it works for them, surely such affluent people as yourself would know about that sort of thing?

Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
              Munster: Early Season
              Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
              Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
              Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal
                I think you'll find that's the media. They do it to sell
                their wares and it works for them, surely such affluent people as
                yourself would know about that sort of thing?

Cahal from my experince of speaking with MF they are very smug about
                the supporter base and are always quick to dismiss ours. The media aids
                this with their constant hyping of you lot.

Comment

I think you'll find that's the media. They do it to sell
                  their wares and it works for them, surely such affluent people as
                  yourself would know about that sort of thing?

Cahal from my experince of speaking with MF they are very smug about
                  the supporter base and are always quick to dismiss ours. The media aids
                  this with their constant hyping of you lot.
                  Why is it only Leinster fans who bring up the 'greatest fan in the world' thing constantly?

Why do you feel so insecure about your supporter base that you need other people to let you know how good you are as supporters?

Why do you bleat on about it on this site?

Comment

once the novelty of a new stadium has worn off it's gonna be half empty at least for many of your ML games.

That would mean 13000 for the Borders on a cold wet Friday night?. I think we could all live with that.

Comment

Assuming the facilities are of a decent standard the turnover / profitper person should be much higher which is the way forward for most sports brands. No point in having 26,000 at a game but have them leave the ground straight after to spend there beer / hotdogmoney elsewhere. It really seems the decision makers within the Branch / IRFUhave got this one spot on. [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Dan the Fan and Ep should talk to each other. They admit that the media use "the best fans" label and then taunt mf to live up to the label. THey decry small attendances at ML games in Mp and TP but dismiss those in Dubland as not mattering as the Internationals are away - Munster also lose a number of 1st choice players to the international side.

As an aside, I will probably go to see Leinster more often than Munster this seaon as it is handier for me. I'd prefer to see them winning rather than losingwhen they play non-Irish sides. This does not make me a Leinster fan and I'm sure there are many other like me who are exiled in the Pale.
                        Census day, 23 April 2006, when men stood up and were counted

Comment

Originally posted by Max Headroom
                          I think you'll find that's the media. They do it to sell their wares and it works for them, surely such affluent people as yourself would know about that sort of thing?
                          Cahal from my experince of speaking with MF they are very smug about the supporter base and are always quick to dismiss ours. The media aids this with their constant hyping of you lot.
                          Why is it only Leinster fans who bring up the 'greatest fan in the world' thing constantly?

Why do you feel so insecure about your supporter base that you need other people to let you know how good you are as supporters?

Why do you bleat on about it on this site?

MY stadium is better than yours...

We get more supporters every game than ye do...

Grow up lads, all growth in Irish Rugby is good news for rugby fans be it the donnybrook or Thomond development.
                          If a man stands in the middle of the forest with no woman around to hear him - is he still wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog

Grow up lads, all growth in Irish Rugby is good news for rugby fans be it the donnybrook or Thomond development.

Where did I say any different?

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog

[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

You've hit the nail on the head. Rather than bickering about who has better fans, perhaps we should applaud the growth of the sport across all provinces.Even a decade ago, there's no way Munster would bring upward of 50000 fans to Cardiff - a tenth of that would have been some achievement.Leinster wouldn'thave been capable of getting 10000+ fans to their games on a semi-regular basis- a fifth of that would have been a more likely figure. Ulster wouldn't have packed out Ravenhill every week. Connacht wouldn't have stood a chance in underage interpros and now they're very competitive.

I applaud the Munster branch for having the foresight to redevelop Thomand Park and Musgrave Park. The capacities may seem large now but given the rate of growth in attendances, it's not inconceivable that 20000 plus fans could turn up regularly. Likewise I applaud Leinster for the redevelopment of Donnybrook andthe development at the RDS (which they've signed a deal to become long term tenants at). Ulster too are looking forward with Ravenhill supposedly being redeveloped and the prospect ofplaying some gamesat the new Northern Ireland national stadium (be it in Belfast or the old Maze site).

Comment

Originally posted by Red in the Pale

Dan the Fan and Ep should talk to each other. They admit that the media use "the best fans" label and then taunt mf to live up to the label. THey decry small attendances at ML games in Mp and TP but dismiss those in Dubland as not mattering as the Internationals are away - Munster also lose a number of 1st choice players to the international side.

As an aside, I will probably go to see Leinster more often than Munster this seaon as it is handier for me. I'd prefer to see them winning rather than losingwhen they play non-Irish sides. This does not make me a Leinster fan and I'm sure there are many other like me who are exiled in the Pale.
                                No I didn't and no I didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X