Hcup team v Edinburgh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hcup team v Edinburgh

Its close enough time to have our best 15 on the pitch at some stage in the Leinster match or starting the edinburgh game, Some selections so far this season i have found to be a bit strange, mostly how Williams and Keatly have rotated with Sheridan and Jj and not done any swapping.

We all know that Murray will start at 9, but who is on the bench for him, and who starts 10 are key choices. As is the back row.

Is it possible that with the options on the wing that earls might be put to 15 giving us an exceptional attacking threat in the back 3 with omahony or Conway coming in?

How are they going to pick the backrow? Start stander at 6 move POM to 8?

Killer
    sherry
    archer or cronin
    D ryan
    POC
    POM
    ?????
    ?????
    murray
    ????
    zebo
    downey
    LlL
    earls
    hurley

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Its close enough time to have our best 15 on the pitch at some stage in the Leinster match or starting the edinburgh game, Some selections so far this season i have found to be a bit strange, mostly how Williams and Keatly have rotated with Sheridan and Jj and not done any swapping.

We all know that Murray will start at 9, but who is on the bench for him, and who starts 10 are key choices. As is the back row.

Is it possible that with the options on the wing that earls might be put to 15 giving us an exceptional attacking threat in the back 3 with omahony or Conway coming in?

How are they going to pick the backrow? Start stander at 6 move POM to 8?

Killer
    sherry
    archer or cronin
    D ryan
    POC
    POM
    ?????
    ?????
    murray
    ????
    zebo
    downey
    LlL
    earls
    hurley

I think that form has to be acknowledged and Johnne Murphy has to be considered. Again, going by form so far, maybe even Cronin starting ahead of Kilcoyne has to be a consideration (you have Cronin in as a TH option? He's primarily LH right?).

I think that a backrow of POM Coughlan Dougall has a lot of balance.

No question of Murray not starting but should we have Sheridan on the bench?

Keatley did a good job of playing his way off the team with his last performance but give him another chance. However, Hanrahan is no longer just future potential and he looks good enough to start.

I'd like Downey at 12 but as regards to the outside backs we really have to see how people's form shows up. Earls looked very sharp against Treviso. Murphy has been very good so far. Lets see how it pans out.

Comment

Fair call on j murphy, out of sight out if mind this week

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        Fair call on j murphy, out of sight out if mind this week
        Yeah, I mean rotation is good but do we have to rotate a guy that is on form out of the panel just for the sake of it? It breaks continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenny View Post
          Yeah, I mean rotation is good but do we have to rotate a guy that is on form out of the panel just for the sake of it? It breaks continuity.

Zebo, johnne and earls at FB could work well. With Hurley, and either Conway or omahony on bench

Comment

I can't see Cronin being used as a TH ahead of BJ, Archer or even Ryan.

BJ should be back so Archer on the bench

Sheridan on the bench for 9.

Back 3 will be very interesting,

13 will be also. Like who will cover 13 . . .

Or will he start Earlsy on a wing and move him to 13 if needed bringing on another winger to cover earls.

What if he starts Earls and LLL . . . . .and earls gets hurt . . .is there any 13 cover then?

all what if's I know.
            Last edited by Corcíoch; 22nd-September-2013, 12:08.

Comment

Isnt Cronin al oose head? I do agree that Murphy is at least worth his place on the bench. For me, its time to use the bench as a weapon and not just as replacements. I'd like to see a team out there starting, knowing that power is coming off the bench to hit teams hard towards the end of games. Or start a team to "beat the opposition up" and bring on players to finish them off. Because every team is different, I don't think we can have a strongest team on paper without knowing who we're up against first. However, for this game id go with: Killer, Sherry, Archer, DOC, Ryan, CJ, POM, Coughlan. Murray, JJ, Conway, Downey, Laulala, Earls, Hurley. With a bench of Cronin, Varley, Ryan, Dave OC, Dougal, Sheridan, Keatly, Murphy.
              If you copy another person then the best you can ever be is as good as them. In order to be better, you must be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Daviddineen13 View Post
                Isnt Cronin al oose head? I do agree that Murphy is at least worth his place on the bench. For me, its time to use the bench as a weapon and not just as replacements. I'd like to see a team out there starting, knowing that power is coming off the bench to hit teams hard towards the end of games. Or start a team to "beat the opposition up" and bring on players to finish them off. Because every team is different, I don't think we can have a strongest team on paper without knowing who we're up against first. However, for this game id go with: Killer, Sherry, Archer, DOC, Ryan, CJ, POM, Coughlan. Murray, JJ, Conway, Downey, Laulala, Earls, Hurley. With a bench of Cronin, Varley, Ryan, Dave OC, Dougal, Sheridan, Keatly, Murphy.

Yea, Cronin is LH, my bad.

you know that Zebo and POC will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  I can't see Cronin being used as a TH ahead of BJ, Archer or even Ryan.

BJ should be back so Archer on the bench

Sheridan on the bench for 9.

Back 3 will be very interesting,

13 will be also. Like who will cover 13 . . .

Or will he start Earlsy on a wing and move him to 13 if needed bringing on another winger to cover earls.

What if he starts Earls and LLL . . . . .and earls gets hurt . . .is there any 13 cover then?

all what if's I know.
                  I thought bj was out for another while, can't see anyone but LLL starting at 13 with Downey inside him, they seem to have Jj down to cover 12 if needed so of Conway, johnne, ROM, earls, Zebo, Hurley 3 will start and 2 on the bench.

Comment

I'm expecting POC to have a huge game against Leinster and not be fit for the HC. Obviously in at 5 if he is. I think Zebo is a defensive liability and wouldn't risk him in the first round as long as we have 2 good finishers available. Needs to be brought down to earth a little after that stunt he pulled on Murray in the Lions game.
                    If you copy another person then the best you can ever be is as good as them. In order to be better, you must be different.

Comment

I'm expecting POC to have a huge game against Leinster and not be fit for the HC. Obviously in at 5 if he is. I think Zebo is a defensive liability and wouldn't risk him in the first round as long as we have 2 good finishers available. Needs to be brought down to earth a little after that stunt he pulled on Murray in the Lions game.
                      Optimism tinged with apocalypse, I like it.

Comment

So you'd leave one of the best wingers we have on the team, a guy who was hugely important last season, out of a key game because of something he did in a dirt-tracker game for the Lions 2 months ago?

Where's this "defensive liability" stuff coming from? Is this the same Simon Zebo who made 4 tackles and only missed 1 while causing two turnovers against Clermont in a H-Cup semi final? Is that what a "defensive liability" is to you?
                        To The Brave And The Faithful, Nothing Is Unpublishable.

Comment

This is the Simon Zebo that has 1 good game now and then when the cameras are on him and fades into the background in others. Ireland v The usa.... did he touch the ball? The same guy that spends as much time on the right wing as he does the left in most games. He is a great finisher because he is a very selfish player and follows the ball around the pitch rather than holding a position but because this creates tries for the opposition, yes i'd leave him out. As far as what he did in that game, i'd have sent him packing. Made a mockery of one of the most respected jerseys in world rugby.

Comment

This is the Simon Zebo that has 1 good game now and then when the cameras are on him and fades into the background in others. Ireland v The usa.... did he touch the ball? The same guy that spends as much time on the right wing as he does the left in most games. He is a great finisher because he is a very selfish player and follows the ball around the pitch rather than holding a position but because this creates tries for the opposition, yes i'd leave him out. As far as what he did in that game, i'd have sent him packing. Made a mockery of one of the most respected jerseys in world rugby.

Cuckoo. You cite the two least important games he has played in the last year as examples of his malaise. 'Very selfish player and follows the ball'. Incorrect just on Friday night he left his own wing, popped up in a move on the other side of the pitch and put Earls away with a well executed pass. You're an absolute spoofer. What about the Wales game in the 6 nations? The hat tricks against Racing and Northampton? The seamless transistion to full back for the last AIs? You picked a Lions dirt tracker game and Ireland Lite V USA (when he knew he was hopping on a plane after).

Comment

This is the Simon Zebo that has 1 good game now and then when the cameras are on him and fades into the background in others.
                              So he's good in games where there's cameras and not good in ones where there are none? Interesting.
                              To The Brave And The Faithful, Nothing Is Unpublishable.

Comment

Working...
                              X