Moss Keane Munster caps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moss Keane Munster caps

Getting a munster jersey from 1978 framed .
    Would anyone know how many Munster appearancess Moss Keane had ?? emailed Munster Branch and they hadnt a clue .
    any help would be great

Originally posted by mrjingles View Post
    Would anyone know how many Munster appearancess Moss Keane had ?? emailed Munster Branch and they hadnt a clue .
    any help would be great
    just got my copy of his book thinking he might have some stats page at the end, as sporting biographies often do..... but no luck.

51 irish caps, but you probably have that.

Comment

I can't find it listed anywhere
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        I can't find it listed anywhere
        I'd say the great man played more times for his province than the number in attendance at some of the games.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrjingles View Post
          any help would be great
          not a knock against you mrjingles but there must be a billion signed framed jerseys hanging on walls from that game... no wonder we beat them....
          He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

I could be wrong but I seem to remember him saying at some point in the boook that he himself had no idea how many times he'd turned out in the red of Munster. He certainly discussed his refusal to bend to certain pressure applied to play in the blue of the capital.
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post
              not a knock against you mrjingles but there must be a billion signed framed jerseys hanging on walls from that game... no wonder we beat them....
              You are right there.My uncle knew him well and played club rugby with him so happy enough it came from him as he got it shortly after the game..not signed but is game worn.

Thanks for all the help.Might just approximate the games per years he played

Comment

You might have to trawl the local press archives for match reports where "Moss Fenton" is listed.
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

That really is a great book, must read it again. Met his wife after a Munster game not long before he passed, a lady.
                  Marty in the Morning

Comment

Working...
                  X