Munster v London Irish @ Musgrave Park Friday 30 August ko 7pm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster v London Irish @ Musgrave Park Friday 30 August ko 7pm

Munster's Cork pre-season match sees the return of London Irish and in particular the return of Tomás O'Leary.

John Yapp has joined LI on loan to boost the squad listed here - http://www.london-irish.com/SquadDisplay.ink

Munster lost the equivalent 2012 match but the event was clouded by a career ending neck injury to Joe Ansbro.

After last year's heavy defeat McCloud wisely observed:

"Better bad now then when the season starts next weekend. Cannot expect things to be perfect at this stage. Penney has only been in the job a couple of weeks. Bit of patience called for folks."

How right he was.

The visitors lost last week 12-30 against Wasps and will be keen to do better. By contrast Munster's performance in beating Gloucester has supporters buzzing. Will the Cork attendance beat the 4000 at TP?

Rob Penney told the Examiner after the Gloucester game that “there were a number of guys who weren’t even considered for today’s game who have come back into the frame. Next week we will be refining the group for the games coming up against Edinburgh, Zebre and Treviso.”

Line-up predictions?
    Last edited by Late try; 26th-August-2013, 13:11.

As CCFC have a more prestigious fixture agains Derry in Turner's Cross on Friday at 19.45, may I ask all of you savages travelling, to park in the City and not be taking up spaces reserved for CCFC supporters.

Any supporters still vicious about the training base and lack of decent fixtures in Musgrave, please boycott this match and come to the Cross where the first team is always on show all season, all fixtures.
    I'm everything they say I am
    I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy View Post
      As CCFC have a more prestigious fixture agains Derry in Turner's Cross on Friday at 19.45, may I ask all of you savages travelling, to park in the City and not be taking up spaces reserved for CCFC supporters.

Any supporters still vicious about the training base and lack of decent fixtures in Musgrave, please boycott this match and come to the Cross where the first team is always A show all season, all fixtures.
      Fixed that.

Comment

Post and poster reported immediately,

Infract that Burgers.
        I'm everything they say I am
        I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Post and poster reported immediately,

Infract that Burgers.
          Infract my bum :-)

Comment

Any supporters still vicious about the training base and lack of decent fixtures in Musgrave, please boycott this match and come to the Cross where the first team is always on show all season, all fixtures.
            Or buy a ticket for the Cross on your way to Musgrave and then go in after the Rugby at which time it will be half time or thereabouts in the Soccer Match.

Comment

I'd say more of the same chopping and changing throughout. Should see DOC2.0 and Dougall and possibly Gerry Hurley and Downey.

Comment

I'd heard that Coventry City weren't playing their home games in Coventry anymore, but I wasn't aware they had moved their home games that far afield
                www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by the_dazz View Post
                  I'd say more of the same chopping and changing throughout. Should see DOC2.0 and Dougall and possibly Gerry Hurley and Downey.
                  Butler too.
                  Downey is apparently out for a month or so, so you won't be seeing him.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

munsterrugby.ie

Squad Update
                    26 August 2013, 4:14 pm
                    By The Editor

The squad returned to training today in Cork following the weekend's action against Gloucester without the services of Head Coach Rob Penney and Captain Peter O'Mahony as they make their way to Belfast for the RaboDirect PRO12 Season Launch.
                    There was the addition of a familiar face with former Forward’s Coach and current Brumbies Forward’s Coach Laurie Fisher attending the session.

Laurie is in Cork for the week and is completing a three week tour on which he visited Harlequins, London Irish and now Munster. He will also observe the second SEAT Series fixture against London Irish this Friday in Musgrave Park.

Andrew Conway who was replaced after 25 minutes with a dead leg on Saturday has raised no further concern and is back in full training.

Joining Felix (shoulder), Luke (wrist) and Keith (shoulder) on the rehab list is James Downey who has been ruled out for the next few weeks with a quad tear picked up at training.

While Munster’s Lions Conor Murray, Paul O’Connell and Simon Zebo continue with their own pre-season training programme.

Munster play London Irish on Friday August 30th at 7pm in Musgrave Park in the final game of the SEAT Series, and tickets are available to buy online here or by calling Ticketmaster on 0818 719300. Adult terrace tickets are available from €12. Tickets are also on sale from the ticket offices in Musgrave Park and Thomond Park.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                      Butler too.
                      Downey is apparently out for a month or so, so you won't be seeing him.
                      Forgot about Butler, Munster have an awful amount of good backrows! It's great! Downey being out for a bit is actually a bit of a blessing, he's a solid performer so he doesn't take a lot of games to get going and it's a great chance for Dineen and Bohane to get a good run and stake a claim to the 12 jersey.

Comment

Been thinking about what team I'd like to see this week and I've come up with the following. Think it shows a few different combinations and guys playing in positions they might be needed in at times.

J Ryan
                        Scannell
                        Archer
                        Holland (c)
                        Nagle
                        DOC2.0
                        Dougall
                        Butler
                        Sheridan
                        JJ
                        ROM
                        Keatley
                        Bohane
                        Conway
                        Hurley

Combinations off the bench would be:
                        Cronin in at LH with Sherry and Archer
                        Foley with DOC
                        Williams with JJ
                        Johnny Holland at 10 for a few minutes
                        ROM at fullback

Might be a little light and raw for the not nots but could be a good experience for a lot of these guys.

Comment

Is Conway ok to play?
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Yes

Comment

It'd be no harm to let him rest this week, there's plenty of options available.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                              RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

Working...
                              X