5 injured players in 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 injured players in 22

The 'team announced' thread seems to have decided to be a ticket thread so....

It may be a shadow team at this stage, but it is quite worrying that so many injured (or atleast recently doubtful)players are in our match 22.

Plus, it's like last Friday's match in Ravenhill never happened. Tomas O'Leary, John O'Sullivan, Donnacha Ryan and Tony Buckley all put down serious markers and their reward? 2 of them make the bench, while JOS will get to sit on it if Axel doesnt pass his fitness test. It doesnt send out a great message to the young up and coming players in fairness.

I have no problem with any of the players picked, but I am somewhat surprised that last Friday counted for nothing and that guys who are clearly in top form are practically ignored.

I'm not a bit surprised that there has been major changes from a side that shipped 23 point in the first half last week. If we do that on friday we'll be out.

Comment

Originally posted by black n' blue
      I'm not a bit surprised that there has been major changes from a side that shipped 23 point in the first half last week. If we do that on friday we'll be out.
      Do try and keep up.

It's a disgrace that JOS isn't the benching backrow regardless of Axel's fitness.
      I'd have started Donnacha as well given Micko's fitness though I can see why you might start the less than fully fit player instead of benching him.
      Thought Buckley put down a marker and I'd have benched him instead of Le Puc.
      Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
      Munster: Early Season
      Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
      Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
      Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal
        Originally posted by black n' blue
        Do try and keep up.

It's a disgrace that JOS isn't the benching backrow regardless of Axel's fitness.
        I'd have started Donnacha as well given Micko's fitness though I can see why you might start the less than fully fit player instead of benching him.

Has it been confirmed that Axel is on the bench?

TBH would prefer to see JOS on the bench. If MOD has recovered from his rib injury it's fair enough that he plays.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

No idea - but the fact that if Axel is fit he'll bench ahead of a form player is annoying.
          Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
          Munster: Early Season
          Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
          Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
          Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by Cathal

Buckley played well for Munster for the first time. And Freddy covers both sides of the scrum. Axel might make the bench for his leadership qualities. The team is missing it's two first choice captains from the start, is it so wrong to put one on the bench if we need to calm down and control the game with 20minutes to go? Rags' inclusiontoo is a leadership issue and a man who can direct Mafi in defence and shore up our midfield.

I'll admit, maybe Ryan could have started with MOD to come on if needed.
            \"The Red Army defeated the external enemy because it was organised, disciplined and ready for self sacrifice.\"

-Alexandra Kollontai

Comment

Gutted for Donncha Ryan...good thread guys...I thought Buckley was awesome last weekend..my MOTM

Comment

Ryan & O Sullivan definitely unlucky.

Must very disheartening for JOS inparticular if not even in 22.

Could something like that provoke him to move??

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman

Must very disheartening for JOS inparticular if not even in 22.

Could something like that provoke him to move??
                  Unlikely, I dunno if Foley has another season left in him so given the way JOS has been playing, we will see a lot more of him from now on.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Form what ive heard we will be very lucky if JOS doesnt move at the end of the season
                    There Rice krispie cakes not buns

Comment

Hard to know with JOS. He's only now coming into really good form. It has taken him a long time to find it. Still, if teams are picked on form, then his current and recent form should have made him an automatic choice for the 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Corker

Hard to know with JOS. He's only now coming into really good form. It has taken him a long time to find it. Still, if teams are picked on form, then his current and recent form should have made him an automatic choice for the 22.

Agree with all of that. I think Munster would be mad to let him go, but he'd be right to move - if Leinster don't get Parisse they should sign JOS.

New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

A big problem with all the Irish teams (bar connacht perhaps) including
                          the national team & indeed all the NH teams to a degree. there is a
                          reluctance to give the fringe player a chance ahead of an established
                          player. Look at kearney at leinster. In the SH they have a completely
                          different attitude with regard to young players. Kidney is if anything
                          far less conservative than McCall or EOS in that he isn't afraid to
                          make a big call on occasion which the other 2 are totally incapable of.
                          tamble();
                          Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Mcork - you're in France aren't you?

If so, could you tell me if there was any comment in the French press on the folly of Marconnet going skiing during the 6Ns?
                            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

The senior Munster players often hold too much power within the Munster camp. This was similar to the Claw and Gallaimh days, resulting in them rarely/never being dropped.

While it isn't the exact same as previous seasons, where Gallaimh wouldn't even inform DOC of the line out calls during training, it is true that Munster have a huge array of experienced senior players making it next to near impossible for younger players to get in ahead of them.

http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

Working...
                              X