No announcement yet.

Ronan O'Gara's column in the Examiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's funny; because they were in the column I read in the print edition of the Examiner this morning.
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Really? They're not in the online version. That is funny.

Comment

Not in online version I saw either

Comment

Great article - really enjoyed that one. Humour becomes him. He's not going to take prisoners, is he?
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
            Great article - really enjoyed that one. Humour becomes him. He's not going to take prisoners, is he?
            There's a fair bit of giggling ball-hopping going on.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
              Liking his columns already. Anything but the usual anodyne 'they're all great lads' stuff. Tells it like it is, as much as they will allow him I think. Some real gems in that article esp reference to Foley, and the Smal/POC axis. As for the thicko reference to Hook, Pikey Mikey and Byrne - hilarious.

Comment

These pieces jumped out at me from the article, and he is standing by his pals Smal,POC and Foley and his absence of obvious praise for Kiss is fairly plain in not rating him, I would opine.
                'I know there’s no room in sport for sentiment — nor should there be — but there’s a sense here of him being left high and dry. His sense of humour will stand to him. For certain, his rugby ‘son’, Paul O’Connell, will miss him. They spent hour after hour discussing every conceivable line-out variation..............
                ...........He was impressive coaching the defence throughout the autumn and the Six Nations and is a natural coach. He’s very sharp when it comes to rugby and in my view is a ready made forwards coach for the national set-up, even if his front of house manner could do with some work ahead of becoming a head coach somewhere [i.e shape up grumpy bollix!].................
                ...........I think it is crucial at least one of the senior Irish management positions is filled by a native — or someone with a deep understanding of our culture
                Schmidt is one hundred per cent correct in tagging the best available rugby brain hecan get, irrespective of his accent, but we have some really skilled people in this country. Sometimes I feel we are too smitten by the southern hemisphere rugby vocabulary. [Reserving his praise for the godlike Schmidt it seems. Of a piece with his 'I don't think that the English players are better than the Irish players' comment some years ago]
                There’s hardly a brain cell between himself, Lee Byrne and James Hook but they’re streetwise and sharp in otherways. I had a bust-up with Phillips shortly before we gathered in Pennyhill Park in 2009 for the Lionstour to South Africa. I walked into my room to see him there before me. We just burst our arses laughing. !I [I would never forget the abject surrender by that trio in their shaming quarter final at TP in 2009 – they, all of them, did not want to know for the last 15 minutes]
                Last edited by isola ciarrai; 14-June-2013, 20:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                  What ever happened to him?
                  Something which can't be reposted on this forum for fear of legal ramifications.

Comment

and I’d select Warburton and Heaslip in the back row along with Sean O’Brien - guess ROG isn't in sync yet with the Munsterfans view

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                      and I’d select Warburton and Heaslip in the back row along with Sean O’Brien - guess ROG isn't in sync yet with the Munsterfans view
                      ROG lives in ROG World in ROG Time, always has and always will - comment is unworthy.

Comment

This weeks article about goal kicking and the influence of Paulie on the team: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/c...rs-235401.html
                        www.WestTerraceView.wordpress.com

Comment

Cheers DD. Another good article.
                          Would have liked rog to go into more detail about what exactly was wrong with beales kicking technique though.

Comment

5 live Rugby: Thu, 27 Jun 13. Duration: 51 mins

Matt Dawson brings you all the latest from the British and Irish Lions' tour of Australia. In this podcast you can hear from Ronan O'Gara and Martyn Williams.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/...0627-2121a.mp3

Goes into more detail here on Beale's miss. Says he thought it was his kicking process that was wrong, not the boots (says he wears them 90% of the time and doesn't have a problem with them).

Comment

Anyone know what time today's article is likely to go up on the examiner website?

Comment

I think last weeks went up sometime last Friday evening/night so presumably the same for todays.
                                Life is good

Comment

Working...
                                X