No announcement yet.

Ronan O'Gara's column in the Examiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think O'Connell wants to learn a bit more with the underage Irish setup before he comes back to us

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugby/u20s-six-nations/paul-oconnell-open-to-munster-move-when-the-timing-is-right-36588086.html
    "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kahalui View Post
        Polished and considered performance by ROG, not unlike his on-field persona.
        29-19 loss for Crusaders though, defensive blunders by both teams with the Crusaders 10 (might have been 12) blocked down for another try.

Cant help yearning for ROG's return.
        'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

He gets asked the same question 3 times in that video and never gets exasperated, just gives the same answer in different formats

He's a patient dude
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            He gets asked the same question 3 times in that video and never gets exasperated, just gives the same answer in different formats

He's a patient dude
            I knew that already since the 41 phases against Northampton.

Comment

"Come home to ****"

I am the million man.

Comment

"in years to come ..." Well we'll see what happens but we need JvG to stick around for a few more years, we can't be chopping and changing coaching personnel and styles like the past decade. It's been a big part of the problem at Munster. We thought we had it sorted with Axel, and then with Rassie. So stability first please.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Don’t think ROG’s first head coach role should be with us. The pressure of the step up combined with the additional hype, expectation and scrutiny of doing so at Munster would be huge. Better he cut his teeth somewhere else first.

Comment

Hear hear, RB. I think it was Keith Earls who said that apart from McGahan, he hadn't had the same head coach more than two years in a row. We need at least a couple of seasons without major changes in the coaching ticket.
                    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Would agree with giving JVG a few seasons, unless we really start slipping. Unless we see some improvement in our attacking play though then you need to start looking at mixing up the back room.
                      "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Anyone know the story behind the ‘Lefty’ nickname...PM me!

Comment

Working...
                        X