No announcement yet.

Ronan O'Gara's column in the Examiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intresting RoG is contracted untill 2019 😣 so if we were to call upon him, he would be breaking his contract. Bweurk

Comment

Great move by evil Joe and evil David

Comment

Originally posted by bosh12 View Post
        Great move by evil Joe and evil David
        For Evil ROG who lured DR away to Racing with his mystical tales of a mystical club in a mystical city.
        The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
        Originally posted by joconnell
        If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post
          For Evil ROG who lured DR away to Racing with his mystical tales of a mystical club in a mystical city.
          I doubt RoG had to do much luring. Eh at least DR is clearbI remember another lock who retired only to reverse this decision shortly after to sign for s certain French club... never will I forget his smoke and mirrors

Comment

No secret that ROG wants to coach in Ireland and Munster, and seems to have a genuine desire to improve himself and test himself outside Ireland and especially Munster. He's doing the FFR badges which is good practice. He can see the problems that Axel had going in almost directly and may want those that he played with (a decreasing bunch) and maybe those higher up to have moved on before he returns?

Actually, ROG under a strong DoR like Erasmus would have been ideal.
            Last edited by isola ciarrai; 5-April-2017, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
              No secret that ROG wants to coach in Ireland and Munster, and seems to have a genuine desire to improve himself and test himself outside Ireland and especially Munster. He's doing the FFR badges which is good practice. He can see the problems that Axel had going in almost directly and may want those that he played with (a decreasing bunch) and maybe those higher up to have moved on before he returns?

I'm not sure how coaching in France would help anyone's coaching career (except their wallet) since they buy in most of their talent. I doubt if Dan Carter needs a lot of coaching!

I'd say its more a case of going under the radar for himself and the family for a few years over in France.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post

For what it's worth...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-35683098.html

Former Munster and Ireland legend Ronan O'Gara has poured cold water on speculation linking him with a move back to Ireland.

The 40-year-old has two years remaining on his contract as defence coach with Racing 92 in France's Top 14 and believes his next coaching assignment will not be in Ireland.

O'Gara has been linked with positions at Munster and Ireland over recent years and last year expressed his wish to team up with former teammate Paul O'Connell at his old province in the future.
                The Cork native will also travel with Ireland on the summer tour of the United States and Japan in June, with Joe Schmidt confirming that he will operate as a skills coach.

Writing in his column in today's Irish Examiner, O'Gara claimed that he will explore options outside of Ireland when his time in Paris comes to an end.
                “There’s a fanciful narrative that I hear most times we’re at home in Cork that it’s only a matter of time before I return to a coaching job in Ireland. That every month spent in Paris is a month closer to coming home," he wrote.

“It’s a nice theory, but it’s nowhere even close to being true. If anything, I feel my career as a coach abroad is just getting started.
                “In two years’ time I may (or may not) be at the end of my time with Racing, but there will be another project somewhere before I would have any thoughts of coming back to Cork. Whether that be in France or somewhere else.

“I’d be amazed if the next play was back at home in Ireland. Much as I love Cork.”

From the Harse's mout, so ta spake:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/...ed-449386.html
                Last edited by John Blutarsky; 5-May-2017, 13:42.
                Why not?

Comment

I'd be amazed if he didn't spend a few years in the SH. He is smart enough to know that his education wouldn't be complete without a season or two down there.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                    He is smart enough...
                    Just about... ;-)
                    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                      I'd be amazed if he didn't spend a few years in the SH. He is smart enough to know that his education wouldn't be complete without a season or two down there.
                      I dearly hope do. Young Irish coaches going to France to learn their trade is a bit of a waste of time IMHO. Coaching over there is a bit ****e from what a lot of players have said, and from the performances of a lot of T14 teams.

NZ is the place to really learn the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                        I dearly hope do. Young Irish coaches going to France to learn their trade is a bit of a waste of time IMHO. Coaching over there is a bit ****e from what a lot of players have said, and from the performances of a lot of T14 teams.

Oz might be more likely. He has a fair few connections down there that will open doors for him eg McGahan, Gaffney, Forty Coats.

Despite the pasting he got on here, many of the players rated Forty Coats. I would not be at all surprised to see ROG working with him at some stage.
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Yep, down to SH if he wants to learn. Say he just fancies Paris and who's to blame him. It's easy rugby in France.

Comment

Anyone interested to watch ROG's freedom of the city stream ...........http://www.corkcity.ie/tv/

Comment

Starts at 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post
                                Anyone interested to watch ROG's freedom of the city stream ...........http://www.corkcity.ie/tv/
                                Tuned into this......what I saw of it was nice but didn't catch it all.
                                Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X