X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Ahem.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6824[/ATTACH]
    Now see here Mister Thomond78 - if indeed that IS your real name - even though it was someone from the county of CLARE who described the CLARE billboard, you appear to be directing criticism at the fine Limerick people of this here internet forum, for being SENsitive and for having a chip on their SHOULder.
    And ALL this despite the fact that you hail from Cork and everything! My oh my ...

Ladies and gentlemen of the wise if rather strange-lookin jury, what do YOU think of this position?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6823[/ATTACH]

Oh dear, oh dear - the jury do not appear to follow your logic, sir!
    As you all false adver on behalf of thomond(from cork) and the billboard(examier),but we know that
    Whos putting the wool ove the sheeps eyes ?
    employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
    beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
    who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
    we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by limerickdeco View Post
      As you all false adver on behalf of thomond(from cork) and the billboard(examier),but we know that
      Whos putting the wool ove the sheeps eyes ?
      This is what your post reads like in German.

Wie Sie alle falschen Werbe im Namen thomond (aus Kork) und der Plakatwand (examier), aber wir wissen, dass
      Whos setzen die Wolle ove die Schafe Augen?
      To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

They say that if you look into a mirror at night and say "Limerick" 3 times, LimerickDeco will come to your house and mudrer you.

Comment

Ahem.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]6824[/ATTACH]
          Now see here Mister Thomond78 - if indeed that IS your real name - even though it was someone from the county of CLARE who described the CLARE billboard, you appear to be directing criticism at the fine Limerick people of this here internet forum, for being SENsitive and for having a chip on their SHOULder.
          And ALL this despite the fact that you hail from Cork and everything! My oh my ...

Ladies and gentlemen of the wise if rather strange-lookin jury, what do YOU think of this position?

Oh dear, oh dear - the jury do not appear to follow your logic, sir!
          Basic principles: you take on responsibility for occupied territories. And with the incessant Anschluss annexation of territories west of the river, that carries the responsibility with it.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
            They say that if you look into a mirror at night and say "Limerick" 3 times, LimerickDeco will come to your house and mudrer you.
            Murder the language in front of you, surely?

EDIT - anyhoo, this is fun and all but probably better suited to Blabla, so maybe we should try to restore some sort of tenuous connection to ROG's Examiner articles.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Murder the language in front of you, surely?
              Brutally.

Comment

So wait, every major city/county in Munster was on the billboards but people in Limerick kicked off about it?

Why?
                Simple answer to that. Because we have been hyper sensitized to the national media's Liverpoolisation of Limerick City over the last two or three decades.

According to the national media it seems that crimes committed in Limerick City are as a result of the barbaric nature of the people there, whereas crimes committed elsewhere are the result of criminals in an otherwise wholesome community.

This is caricature but it's hard learned and keenly felt.

The high concentration of council estates in the city - in part thanks to the surrounding county councils freely allowing planning permission to private properties alkowing the middle class to relocate outside the city limits- also give the posh media an excuse to look down their noses.

The shoulder chip in Limerick City is massive. I remember my late mother denouncing Angela's Ashes for its portrayal of the city pointing out that the film makers had to go to Cork to get the rain!
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                  Simple answer to that. Because we have been hyper sensitized to the national media's Liverpoolisation of Limerick City over the last two or three decades.

According to the national media it seems that crimes committed in Limerick City are as a result of the barbaric nature of the people there, whereas crimes committed elsewhere are the result of criminals in an otherwise wholesome community.

This is caricature but it's hard learned and keenly felt.

The high concentration of council estates in the city - in part thanks to the surrounding county councils freely allowing planning permission to private properties alkowing the middle class to relocate outside the city limits- also give the posh media an excuse to look down their noses.

The shoulder chip in Limerick City is massive. I remember my late mother denouncing Angela's Ashes for its portrayal of the city pointing out that the film makers had to go to Cork to get the rain!
                  I remember the Mayor of Limerick being filmed trying to run that one.

At which point it started raining on him. :D
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

This is what your post reads like in German.

Wie Sie alle falschen Werbe im Namen thomond (aus Kork) und der Plakatwand (examier), aber wir wissen, dass
                    Whos setzen die Wolle ove die Schafe Augen?
                    The auto spell check on the phone is driving me nuts,I could just ----- sorry
                    As for your German don't let the Russian see that
                    employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                    who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                    we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

As for rog's article,he comes across as someone that's very straight forward and tells it the way he see things.does it seem that he thinks johnny is inexperience at kicking point at int. level.wow that will get there relationship really warm in Paris

Comment

I thought the article was poorly edited myself. Lots of single sentences that should have been expanded. ROG may be a straight talker but his writing could use some help. Or maybe his ghost writer's does.
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by limerickdeco View Post
                          As for rog's article,he comes across as someone that's very straight forward and tells it the way he see things.does it seem that he thinks johnny is inexperience at kicking point at int. level.wow that will get there relationship really warm in Paris
                          It's the truth - J.Cash can either deal with it and improve or piss and moan about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                            I remember the Mayor of Limerick being filmed trying to run that one.

At which point it started raining on him. :D
                            I know I know! And then people accuse us of being paranoid!!
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

http://www.independent.ie/woman/cele...-29338040.html

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                                I thought the article was poorly edited myself. Lots of single sentences that should have been expanded. ROG may be a straight talker but his writing could use some help. Or maybe his ghost writer's does.
                                Tom Humphries writes in the same way. Lots of short sentences, some of only one word. Honestly.

Comment

Working...
                                X