Ronan O'Gara's column in the Examiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
    With the greatest of respect to ROG and BOD for that matter OGara had the opportunity to leave on his terms at the 2011 world Cup. He won his spot back off Sexton and told everyone this was his last hurrah.. then he changed his mind
    His mind was changed for him, he was swiftly reminded that night that he was contracted to Ireland, not Munster, so he couldn't just do the soccer norm of retiring from international to continue playing club/province, and was marched out in front of the media the next day to 'clarify'.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
      All I'm saying it is surprising that he would criticise the send off he got when he was about to retire (which might have been the way O'Gara wanted it anyway), when the only photo he uses in his book is rather a humiliating one of ROG in the Heineken Cup semi final.
      The mind boggles. So the only measure of their friendship is the number of ROG photos in BOD's book?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
        Bull****. He was shafted by one of his own for a young player who 2 years later still cannot kick snow off a rope or control his own bladder.
        I'm impressed you've managed to stay this bitter this long at a guy who's now no longer working in professional rugby and a 22-year old, the latter of whom you've resorted to saying pisses himself. Real charming.

As for what happened, he shafted himself when he came off the bench and basically threw away a game we were still in a position to win with one of the dumbest kicks anyone has ever attempted on a rugby field. He had every chance to do better than Jackson off the bench and he ****ed it up, no-one else.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
          You're doing all the suggesting.

I know that BOD & ROG are mates.
          Maybe its a joke between mates about not having any photos in it. But it is a bit odd of BOD to preach about his poor international send off when he didn't bother to include one photo of him in his book wearing green considering they played about a 100 Test games for Ireland together.

Comment

Jesus this is preciousness on a new level, probably the most childish group of posts on this place with a long time.
            "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Rumours that BOD's book was selling poorly appear misplaced judging by the number of readers here.
              "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                Rumours that BOD's book was selling poorly appear misplaced judging by the number of readers here.
                Finished work yesterday and as I was in town had to queue in O'Mahonys to get three copies signed by the great ma for assorted friends and relations in Dublin. Several hundred people were there and anyone familiar with O'Mahonys will know what I mean when I say that the queue went up to the next floor, in a full circle of that floor and then up to a full circle of the top floor. I had number 226 and there were at least the same behind me. He was graciousness itself and once you wrote down your dedication for him, wrote it in and signed. Impressive man in person.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                  That's a bit harsh on J Cash. Bladder issues can be very debilitating.
                  Was wee paddy I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                    Was wee paddy I was referring to.
                    Gwanoutadat.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                      Who picked the photos?
                      This exchange reminds me of the slagging that Quinny gave Bull at his (Bulls) book launch in the late Claws - fecks sake, I have 3 pictures of you in my book and you have none of me in yours!!
                      I know for a fact that ROG and BOD are friends, as only true obsessives and perfectionists can understand each other.

Comment

Some only looked at the pictures :-)

Comment

Just imagine how many it would have sold if it was all pictures of Bod and Rog.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

Billins?
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Paddy Jackson has a happy face
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                                Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post

Billins?
                                Yep
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 23.34.54.png
Views:	1
Size:	395.1 KB
ID:	2484330
                                "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

Comment

Working...
                                X