No announcement yet.

Ronan O'Gara's column in the Examiner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one of the best moment of entire documentary by far was when his son was like..Johnny was wearing your jersey..So innocent and yet so accurate. ;) Brilliant.
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

nothing more you can say about the guy, he's a class act off the field as well as on it. highly enjoyable insight into his personality

oh the stream was quite popular as well, over 1k viewers :)

Comment

Excellent documentary, though a little selective reality with some aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
          I think one of the best moment of entire documentary by far was when his son was like..Johnny was wearing your jersey..So innocent and yet so accurate. ;) Brilliant.
          I think it was his wife said that and the son said "Mammy said…" :D

Comment

I know I am repeating others here but very well made and enjoyable. Dont think DK will have taken too much offence at it, its not a coaches job to be popular
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterLux View Post
              I think it was his wife said that and the son said "Mammy said…" :D
              Shhhhh.... ;) say nothing.

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

Comment

Day off tomorrow, think I'll throw on the HC semi final and final matches from 06. Greatest moment as a Munster supporter by a far mile. Emotional thinking about it. What a season that was. Looking back on the few clips shown the documentary, neither of the 10s got enough credit that day, 100% kicking record in a game with such high pressure. What a man.

Comment

His belief and intensity came across very well. The brutal honesty about himself and the situations he has dealt with was very insightful. My thinking after watching that "total pet"
                  "You were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

#Rog trending worldwide it seems. Aboy Rog
                    Anything seems possible now; economic stability, world peace, Conor O’Shea completing a sentence without being interrupted, even the permanent cessation of The X Factor feels within reach.
                    RISTEARD COOPER The Irish Times - Thursday, September 22, 2011

Comment

"Dunnez un rocket up the hole!"Love it.
                      Mumha Abu

Comment

Mad to see how far JJ has come in such a short period of time #cantbatebreedin
                        "They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

I thought at first that he was like an immature schoolboy the way he wanted to give up the game every time he had a bad loss. But his searing soul-searching, self-awareness and honesty demonstrated an extraordinary depth of character. This was a superb treatment of a sporting superstar, because it drew on the willingness of it's subject to expose a whole bunch of demons to a TV audience. I know of few other sports people who would submit to this type of documentary so soon after retirement. Such an unusual treatment, and a credit to all involved.

I feel I've been watching the guy for his entire career since Cork Con, and, genuinely, I don't think I'll ever feel the same about a guy as ROG. His rugby career almost uniquely bookends the entire growth and development of the first phase of professional rugby in Ireland, and Europe.

After reading his book and waiting for this documentary, I expected ROG-fatigue, but I'm just so glad he is still around and embarking on the next, uncertain phase of his life. The story will continue.
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

You never know what you had till it's gone, or so the song says

Bollix

Everyone of us here knows what it meant to no longer have Ronan O'Gara. The man filled us with the dreams of what was possible

Huge love for the man. Gwan ROG Gwan Munster

Looking forward to the day when you come home to your Munster
                            Con Artist

Comment

Some amount of shameless man crushes about the place. What a man.

I..I..I miss him so much. :_crying__rvmp_by_ba:_crying__rvmp_by_ba:_crying__ rvmp_by_ba:_crying__rvmp_by_ba

Those were the days. He let us dream, and we dreamt big.
                              Last edited by Stringer9; 2nd-January-2014, 23:00.

Comment

Superb documentary. The fella is pure class.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X