Confirmed - Bank Of Ireland are the new Sponsor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed - Bank Of Ireland are the new Sponsor

Bank of Ireland. Just announced on munsterrugby.ie.

Munster Team Up Again With Bank of Ireland

23 May 2013, 8:54 am

By The Editor

It's been confirmed today that Bank of Ireland has agreed to become main sponsor of Munster Rugby from July 2013. The sponsorship includes exclusive branding of all playing and training kit for the Munster senior and "A" teams.

The agreement, which is set to run for five seasons, continues a long relationship with the Bank dating back 15 years to 1998, firstly as main sponsor and more recently as official banking partner.
    Speaking at the Bank of Ireland’s National Enterprise Week event in Thomond Park this morning, David Merriman, Regional Manager South West said:“We are delighted to renew what has been a very successful association with Munster Rugby.

"This announcement will extend our formal association dating back 15 years and this represents a proud relationship for our bank with this great province.

"The unique identity of Munster Rugby together with its large and loyal support base throughout Ireland provides an excellent fit for Bank of Ireland and we look forward to promoting Munster Rugby and our association with them through more than 70 branches in Munster, with our large customer base and in strong partnership between Munster Rugby and our staff. It also provides a powerful platform for Bank of Ireland to engage with the Munster Rugby public”.

Commenting on the announcement, Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster Rugby said: “Munster Rugby is pleased to have Bank of Ireland become our main sponsor from next season onwards.

"We have had a fantastic relationship with Bank of Ireland extending back to the early professional days of Munster Rugby and seeing it come full circle demonstrates the value we both see in such a partnership.

We look forward to more successful days ahead."

Comment

Exclusive branding of all playing and training kit. No other sponsors then.
      An absolutely huge drop in sponsorship income. This is bad news.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

fantastic news,any idea how much they are sponsoring Munster for the 5 years?
        To Dare Is To Do!!

Comment

Originally posted by limkman1 View Post
          Because no one else will
          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by limkman1 View Post
            circa 700k plus bonuses according to de paper.
            http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/m...al-231963.html

the Toyota deal was just under 2 million per year
            http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/7789.php

Even allowing for the BOI performance bonus to be 300k then we are still down nearly 1 million on this deal alone.

So we have a drop in income of 1 million, we have to make cuts of another million from day to day running costs and we have a loan of 11 million which we have consistently failed to make the repayments on for TP.
            \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

I'm not happy with this I have to say.5 years to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnat View Post
                I'm not happy with this I have to say.5 years to boot.
                Yeah, the 5 years is like a sentence. I hope it was the BOI who were pushing for that length .....

Comment

Not happy at all to be associated with them.

Comment

It's money in the bank, but now it's up to the TP people to maximise use of the big stadium now, the level of use off season has been really poor.

Comment

Poor deal. And what are bank of Ireland doing shelling out money.
                      could an international brand like Vodafone not be sought?

Comment

If the money was so poor a 5 year deal should not have been an option. It looks like a bad deal now. It will look simply shocking by the end of the deal. Connacht are getting near as much and I can only imaging how much better Ulster and Leinster have done from them.

Comment

Exclusive branding for that price? ****ing hell.

It's a million less per year. Disastrous.
                          To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

People saying its a bad deal need to know the facts first(which I don't admittedly) - in all likelihood BOI were the only serious candidates. In that case ball was firmly in their court during negotiations. Not like Munster could name their price given current economic climate

Comment

Originally posted by BiggusDiccus View Post
                              People saying its a bad deal need to know the facts first(which I don't admittedly) - in all likelihood BOI were the only serious candidates. In that case ball was firmly in their court during negotiations. Not like Munster could name their price given current economic climate
                              They probably were the only sponsor.

Why they had to be exclusive, I'll never know. Ulster are getting paid whatever they are and they have BT on the sleeves and Belfast Telegraph on the back.

Munster couldn't get the same deal Ulster did? Munster couldn't get someone to spring €100/€200K for a sponsorship like that? What the hell are they doing over there?
                              To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Working...
                              X