X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaty
    replied
    Originally posted by CorcĂ­och View Post
    Its a shame how little of this day I can remember.

I can remember my lofty perch in the stadium . . . . the hair raising ovation Munster got when they walked off after the warm up was a noise Ill never forget . . . .and how the whole stadium seemed to be Munster fans!!!, id never seen that before at a match.

But the game, I can't remember much of it from the day. Just the shaggin nerves . .

. . .oh the camera clips from back home on the big screen.

Very little memory left.
    I've the same problem. I can remember the pre match build up, walking to the stadium, Stringer's try and standing pitchside after the game and watching the players dancing to Status Quo! But the actual game is just a blur.

Leave a comment:

• limerickdeco
    replied
    we never went to bed after the game,singing all night in the hotel ,i think it was the park hotel in 06 and in 08 i got a apartment on the docks.one of the lads got the runs from one of the chipper and on the way to bristol(airport) he had too stop and run for the bushes on the way and it happen to the another guy in 08.

Leave a comment:

• fitzy73
    replied
    Originally posted by anthonyl View Post
    Jaysus 7 years now, I remember sitting in the middle tier of the stadium after it ended and thinking we've won the f*cking thing now, what in the name of God do we do after winning the bloody thing at last.
    I bought champagne. I ended up in a ball in a friend of a friends room about 10, ordered steak, and fell asleep on one of the beds. There was no moving me.

Had about 10 hours sleep and woke up the only sober Munster person in Cardiff the next morning. The train station was like a scene from a zombie movie.

It was a great, great day.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Originally posted by dsennah View Post
    Epic day in among the Biarritz fans. Halstead in on my right, Stringer directly in front. Thanks Harry
    My boss at the time wanted a ticket for his young daughter in the same section as his wife, I got them but when we arrived they were miles apart, I said no bother, two rows of people moved to let mum and daughter sit together, the boss was asking me how the hell did you do that, he didnt know that whole section were Harrys tickets , what a game. I still reckon I have never seen a better game by any player in any game than Strings that day

Leave a comment:

• budgetwinger
    replied
    Originally posted by dsennah View Post
    Epic day in among the Biarritz fans. Halstead in on my right, Stringer directly in front. Thanks Harry
    I was on the other side - right above Halstead. I remember a moment of perfect clarity just before he did his twist in the tackle, knowing exactly what he was going to do, basking in it because it's my favourite moment on the rugby pitch (bar maybe that perfect pass that sends someone screaming away) - that point when you know you're going to get it down, that the tackler hasn't stopped you, he just doesn't know it yet. I roared my head off at that point.

I'd gone in a group that had a guy who'd no particular interest in rugby, he was just a great friend of one of the lads I was with. I was next to him and at the final whistle I turned and gave him the biggest hug I had in me. Credit to him, he hugged back. Then I turned to the other side and hugged a complete stranger. 7 years of frustration and near misses pouring out in twenty seconds of pure exhilaration.

What a day that was. What a team that was.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyl
    replied
    Jaysus 7 years now, I remember sitting in the middle tier of the stadium after it ended and thinking we've won the f*cking thing now, what in the name of God do we do after winning the bloody thing at last.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
    Just slightly off topic but there really is no right place to post this..I'm not sure there are words to sum up what's going on in this video..hidden talents from a few hahaha

Interesting factlet #25863: That gymnastic equipment is the very kit was used for the 2012 Olympics. My daughter was in the gymnastics comp that the UL Arena the was set up for in this video and the Gymastics Ireland chief announced it there.

Leave a comment:

• Burgers
    replied
    Originally posted by Mack the Knife View Post
    Hi ho silver lining
    It's fabulous

Leave a comment:

• dsennah
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mack the Knife
    replied
    Hi ho silver lining

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Everyone in the stadium on their feet for the last 3 minutes .... willing the team home ... the realisation that we were actually leading and were probably going with the ****ing thing this time ... unreal !

Leave a comment:

• limerickdeco
    replied
    The stadium went nuts when that came up on the big screen.
    I still have my ticket stub.
    I was one of those nuts, at first I didn't know where it was. Them the stadium with mental
    memories it's all coming back

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied
    Does anybody still have the Evening Echo 'Cardiff Edition' from that day with Strings diving over and Champions of Europr on the front page.
    Great weekends drinking in Cardiff and Swansea.
    Yep - at home - found it recently. Feels like a real souvenir too.

Leave a comment:

• limerickdeco
    replied
    That was 08. Mafi made his debut at home to Bourgoin in October 06.
    06 was my first final and I have all the memorabilia from 06,08 and all blacks games. It's a sickness at this stage for me to hold onto all that memorabilia. But memories I will have for the rest of my life.
    Irish by birth
    munster by the grace of limerick

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    That was 08. Mafi made his debut at home to Bourgoin in October 06.
    Was that before or after Lehman Bros went belly up?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X