Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 years ago today

Just something to chear everyone up.

7 years ago today Munster finally won the Heineken Cup. Still feels like yesterday.

Longest 80 minutes of my life.

10 seconds is this it..
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Jaysus was it today! Wow
    Con Artist

Comment

The only time I cried watching tv. I was holding it together til the shagging camera pointed pointed at Paulie blubbering on the sideline and after that I was a snotty mess.
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
        The only time I cried watching tv. I was holding it together til the shagging camera pointed pointed at Paulie blubbering on the sideline and after that I was a snotty mess.
        Pretty sure about 90% of the folks at the match were also blubbering messes .. certainly I was & so was everyone around me.
        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Hard to believe that it's so long ago now. What an epic day it was.
          I still get goosebumps when I think of the screen in the Millennium stadium broadcasting the scenes from Limerick. Made me very emotional indeed.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Seven years since I broke that coffee table cheering at Stringer's try ...
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
              Hard to believe that it's so long ago now. What an epic day it was.
              I still get goosebumps when I think of the screen in the Millennium stadium broadcasting the scenes from "that County that must not be named ". Made me very emotional indeed.
              Fixed it for you :-)

Comment

Crazy to think it's been 7 years. I was in the middle of my finals so had to day trip, came damn close to having to repeat on a forged doctor's note!

That season really had it all. The Sale game in TP, the demolition of Castres in France, the emotion surrounding the Quarter Final and the desire for the players just to get through it given the state their heads must have been in, the emotion (for very different reasons) surrounding the Semi Final and what transpired on that gloriously sunny day, and then the tension and relief of the final.

I think it was a rollercoaster that sort of neatly summed up the previous 7 years of coming up short in the knock outs.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Probably the best atmosphere I've ever experienced at a game. I don't think even the All Blacks game topped it. Incredible.
                  Marty in the Morning

Comment

Just slightly off topic but there really is no right place to post this..I'm not sure there are words to sum up what's going on in this video..hidden talents from a few hahaha

The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Does anybody still have the Evening Echo 'Cardiff Edition' from that day with Strings diving over and Champions of Europr on the front page.
                      Great weekends drinking in Cardiff and Swansea.
                      We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                      Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Its a shame how little of this day I can remember.

I can remember my lofty perch in the stadium . . . . the hair raising ovation Munster got when they walked off after the warm up was a noise Ill never forget . . . .and how the whole stadium seemed to be Munster fans!!!, id never seen that before at a match.

But the game, I can't remember much of it from the day. Just the shaggin nerves . .

. . .oh the camera clips from back home on the big screen.

Very little memory left.

Comment

It was my first final,being to games in thomond in all but the atmosphere was on real.i was on rte news as well 06 or 08 not sure which year
                          we arrived in Cardiff on Wednesday from new York(4 guys). I think we were the only Munster fans there till Friday when it explosived with red jersey's. I think Biarritz had no idea the amount of support Munster had, the streets were line with Munster fans for the buses arrival
                          I had a picture with Mafi taking , he came over to sideline I it was family there and I happen to get a pic with him. Can't believe its 7 years
                          employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                          beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                          who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                          we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by tickettout
                            Was it Patrick street in Cork or O'Connell street in Limerick that the camera switched to?
                            Limerick
                            employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                            beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                            who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                            we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by limerickdeco View Post
                              Limerick
                              The stadium went nuts when that came up on the big screen.
                              I still have my ticket stub.
                              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Working...
                              X