Let's campaign to redevelop Musgrave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's campaign to redevelop Musgrave

Right folks, here's your space, let's get the ball rolling on redeveloping Musgrave.

Here's a draft letter you can send to your local councillors. Short and simple.

Dear X,

I am a constituent of ward Y. As a voter in your constituency I wish to register my intention to vote for the candidate who helps campaign for the redevelopment of Musgrave Park in next year's local elections.

Musgrave Park is an essential community facility in Cork. It has hosted Munster rugby since 1940. It has hosted games against New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Indeed, in 1992 it witnessed the famous Munster victory over the then world cup champions, Australia. More than that, it has hosted numerous schools and clubs games in its long history.

I feel that Cork city needs to be proactive in supporting Munster rugby and I hope you agree with me.

Is mise le meas,

Name
    Address

Enough with the online bitching, you want to make a difference, go off and make it.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

I'm fine with one home stadium. It's generally what happens with most teams in a lot of sports. Are they all wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by shanners View Post
      I'm fine with one home stadium. It's generally what happens with most teams in a lot of sports. Are they all wrong?
      Maybe so, and not to get high hat on it, if you want to discuss whether we should have a second stadium then start that thread. This is a happy space where those that want MP redeveloped can bounce around ideas on how they can help.
      It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic View Post
        Maybe so, and not to get high hat on it, if you want to discuss whether we should have a second stadium then start that thread. This is a happy space where those that want MP redeveloped can bounce around ideas on how they can help.
        My apologies, enjoy.

Comment

Surely a campaign to get any public funding for the redevelopment of Pairc ui Chaoimh conditional on it being available for community use would be a more beneficial campaign. Could have all the big games in Cork.

Comment

Originally posted by Epad View Post
            Surely a campaign to get any public funding for the redevelopment of Pairc ui Chaoimh conditional on it being available for community use would be a more beneficial campaign. Could have all the big games in Cork.
            Maybe, but I reckon a redeveloped Musgrave is a more winnable battle.

Comment

right then, consider it done
              I find your lack of faith disturbing....

Comment

Right folks, here's your space, let's get the ball rolling on redeveloping Musgrave.

Dear X,

I am a constituent of ward Y. As a voter in your constituency I wish to register my intention to vote for the candidate who helps campaign for the redevelopment of Musgrave Park in next year's local elections.

Musgrave Park is an essential community facility in Cork. It has hosted Munster rugby since 1940. It has hosted games against New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. Indeed, in 1992 it witnessed the famous Munster victory over the then world cup champions, Australia. More than that, it has hosted numerous schools and clubs games in its long history.

I feel that Cork city needs to be proactive in supporting Munster rugby and I hope you agree with me.

Is mise le meas,

Name
                Address

Enough with the online bitching, you want to make a difference, go off and make it.
                Joey, can we do this up in a Word doc, so people can just fill in and print? The easier we make it for people to do the right thing, the more likely they will.

Do we want to add draws with the Wobblies in 1967 and the ABs in 1973, as well?

List of councillors for the wards, and contact details - http://www.corkcity.ie/yourcouncil/c...orcouncillors/

List of maps showing the relevant wards (2009, but I think that they're pretty much the same) - http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/map...oralareas2009/
                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                  Joey, can we do this up in a Word doc, so people can just fill in and print? The easier we make it for people to do the right thing, the more likely they will.

Do we want to add draws with the Wobblies in 1967 and the ABs in 1973, as well?

List of councillors for the wards, and contact details - http://www.corkcity.ie/yourcouncil/c...orcouncillors/

List of maps showing the relevant wards (2009, but I think that they're pretty much the same) - http://www.corkpastandpresent.ie/map...oralareas2009/
                  Feel free to do whatever you think will work.

Comment

By "we", I meant of course, "You, sir, the technically literate wallah over there, make it so".

Comment

Given the nature of the boundaries, you'd have to hit a lot of places in the County, too: Carrigaline, Passage and Monkstown, Douglas, etc. Probably the whole of South Central, a good chunk of North West, and all of North Central.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                        By "we", I meant of course, "You, sir, the technically literate wallah over there, make it so".
                        Not my area of expertise either I'm afraid, I presume most people will just email it through? I agree a letter would be more effective and harder to ignore though.

Comment

Not my area of expertise either I'm afraid, I presume most people will just email it through? I agree a letter would be more effective and harder to ignore though.
                          I'd say do both. E-mails can be deleted, but hard copy... Keep a copy, with the date. Anyone comes to your door, stick it under their nose, point to it, and ask them what they'll do about the letter they were sent. And make a note of it, and get them to sign if you can.

Some of the Councillors in the City are definitely rugby-friendly. Jim Corr taught enough Munster players, FFS!

Comment

Dear X,

Is mise le meas,

Name
                            Address

Let's not
                            employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                            beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                            who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                            we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by limerickdeco View Post
                              Let's not
                              You don't have to, you're in NYC.
                              To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Working...
                              X