• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeakyBoots
    started a topic Andrew Conway

Andrew Conway

Welcome!!

Looking forward to seeing this guy in action, very exciting talent who we'll hopefully get the best out of - scored 3 tries tonight!

• cornerboy
    replied
    Larmour has undoubted talent and potential. So far though I've seen him score a spectacular try in TP on Stephens day, I havent seen him dominate an ariel battle or make try saving tackles in the way Conway has. He has to show the full game before he gets ahead of the pack IMO.

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
    Kearney had a great game yesterday so he's obviously picked up his game. If Earls or Kearney or Stockdale are injured then Conway should be straight in.
    100%. Back 3 is one area we're not pleased with exceptional talent. Conway definitely next in line and is a few levels up on the likes of McFadden, Larmour (for now), Byrne, Daly, Wootton, Sweetnam, OHalloran, Gilroy, Trimble in my view. All depends on what Joe wants on the bench at 23. Back 3 or centre. Carbery in 22 gives full back cover too. Then Conway vs Aki/Farrell presuming Henshaw/Ringrose will be first choice when all fit. If that ever happens!

Edit: In hindsight Larmour does have that ability to cover 13 aswell as back 3 which could put him in driving seat for 23 jersey if he can get back into the Leinster squad!

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
    Joe seemed to be a fan when he was fit to be fair. I reckon he'd definitely have the 23 jersey.
    Kearney had a great game yesterday so he's obviously picked up his game. If Earls or Kearney or Stockdale are injured then Conway should be straight in.

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
    Fine player unfortunately the international coach has his favourites hence why he'll only ever be an alternate for Ireland.

Pity
    Joe seemed to be a fan when he was fit to be fair. I reckon he'd definitely have the 23 jersey.

Leave a comment:

• garryowen2323
    replied
    Conway was electric the year before too when they won it and again at Senior Cup level in Blackrock's win along with Brendan Macken, Denis Buckley and captain Jordi Murphy (at lock!).

Michael's had decent half back pairing there in '07 with Cathal Marsh and Luke McGrath. They went on to lose the Senior Cup 3 years later too with Dan Leavy on board to Tadhg Beirne's Clongowes.

Leave a comment:

• The Outlaw
    replied
    Fine player unfortunately the international coach has his favourites hence why he'll only ever be an alternate for Ireland.

Pity

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Toulon video analysts should be sacked for not reviewing that clip and preparing them for it

Lols absolutely.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
    Toulon video analysts should be sacked for not reviewing that clip and preparing them for it

Leave a comment:

• AdolphusGrigson
    replied
    The skill the determination - and the look on his face when scoring (i.e. that's what I do) incredible. Great posting

Leave a comment:

• blackwarrior
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spiffy
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Wahoo! I was starting to worry about that a little. Feck ya anyway Cowboy.

Also, there's no reason he shouldn't have a central contract. With Zebo and Payne seemingly out of consideration, he's clearly the best fullback available to team Ireland.
    If only Joe Schmidt could see it!

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Delighted, Conway is an excellent player

Leave a comment:

• Tobyglen
    replied
    Cracking player. Great news

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by mr chips View Post
    Wahoo! I was starting to worry about that a little. Feck ya anyway Cowboy.

Also, there's no reason he shouldn't have a central contract. With Zebo and Payne seemingly out of consideration, he's clearly the best fullback available to team Ireland.
    Never in doubt!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X