No announcement yet.

Andrew Conway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fairness to these Dublin journalists, they don't even pretend to be impartial. David Kelly on Conway in the Independent today:

'Sadly for Conway, his future will not be in a blue jersey, but rather a red one.'

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
      With Hagan going hopefully Moore/Furlong will end up getting more gametime next season...
      Leinster will be hoping Furlong can nail-down the tight-head spot at Clontarf next season.

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
        Having seen all three tries, I am increasingly cross about last week's forward call, which I took on the chin when it happened because we probably didn't deserve to win. I am thick. Nigel-you owe us big time.
        In fairness we have done very well in general under Nige. Compared to certain English and French refs..........

He made a mistake and I'm sure he knows it, a genuine one.

Comment

Originally posted by lactose intolerant View Post
          Luke McGrath even, I do believe
          They need a good young SH too, nicely timed by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Malley View Post
            In fairness to these Dublin journalists, they don't even pretend to be impartial. David Kelly on Conway in the Independent today:

'Sadly for Conway, his future will not be in a blue jersey, but rather a red one.'
            That's a keeper.

Comment

Oh dear. The bitterness bank is filling up. Sadly for Conway-did he really write that and the editor let it through.... What a joke of a rag.
              Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by munsternut View Post
                very good piece of business by munster, we will have a good fight on our hands next season for the 3 back 3 jerseys. with jones looking to be coming into his own in the last few games and hopefully earls being deemed as a winger with lalallaalalalla used correctly in the 13 jersey, we will have 4 very good options for full back in jones, earls, zebo and conway, and 4 good options for the 2 wing poitions in earls, zebo, conway and lod. that is some serious gas.

i am really looking forward to next season, with a couple more smart signings we will be capable of doing some serious damage to most teams
                Hate to carp but I would not be delighted with a backline of CM, Keatley (Leinster), Conway (Leinster) Downey (Leinster) Lualala (NZ) Zebo and Jones (Leinster). Great for our prospects but hardly encouraging for the morale of any young Munster aspiring backs (yes, I know - who?). Seems like an IRFU mandated move and wonder if he is being looked at as a 15, especially given Jones history of injuries? Or is he a consolation prize for not being able to get a top NIQ? He looks the business all right. And whatever about Mannix, maybe a season with Dougie will move him onwards and upwards? Cannot believe that Leinster let him go but then that was before Isas surprise announcement and, I think, Carr returning to Galway.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                  Hate to carp but I would not be delighted with a backline of CM, Keatley (Leinster), Conway (Leinster) Downey (Leinster) Lualala (NZ) Zebo and Jones (Leinster). Great for our prospects but hardly encouraging for the morale of any young Munster aspiring backs (yes, I know - who?). Seems like an IRFU mandated move and wonder if he is being looked at as a 15, especially given Jones history of injuries? Or is he a consolation prize for not being able to get a top NIQ? He looks the business all right. And whatever about Mannix, maybe a season with Dougie will move him onwards and upwards? Cannot believe that Leinster let him go but then that was before Isas surprise announcement and, I think, Carr returning to Galway.
                  Nothing to do with the IRU. Leinster tried to retain Conway while he was also being chased by Connacht and clubs outside Ireland.
                  Our first-choice backline next season could easily be five of seven from Munster - Murray, Zebo, Earls, Hanrahan and O'Dea with Botha the only non-local forward in a first-choice pack.

Comment

I'm thrilled we are drafting in speed and finishing. You can never have enough finishers and scoring 3 against a quality side like the Haircuts is a statement of ability
                    Last edited by Cowboy; 4th-May-2013, 18:34.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Nothing to do with the IRU. Leinster tried to retain Conway while he was also being chased by Connacht and clubs outside Ireland.
                      Our first-choice backline next season could easily be five of seven from Munster - Murray, Zebo, Earls, Hanrahan and O'Dea with Botha the only non-local forward in a first-choice pack.
                      Conway wanted out of Leinster as he felt he wasn't progressing as quickly as he should be. He felt his best shot at locking down a starting spot and playing HC rugby was with us.
                      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

He just needs to pick up a 3 month injury lay off and his initiation as a Munster player will be complete.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsMcGahan View Post
                          He just needs to pick up a 3 month injury lay off and his initiation as a Munster player will be complete.
                          Ill be disappointed if its not at least 30 tries.
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Conway though still had a year left on his contract though.....we could have forced him to stay if it came down to it but I suppose if a player wants to leave because he thinks he'll get gametime easier in another team do you really want to keep him???

Comment

Conway though still had a year left on his contract though.....we could have forced him to stay if it came down to it but I suppose if a player wants to leave because he thinks he'll get gametime easier in another team do you really want to keep him???
                              Are you sure there isn't more in it than gametime. Really odd that he is leaving considering how short Leinster will be next season in the backs. Leinster know Nacewa was leaving before Christmas and surely he must have known that Fionn Carr was also on the way out.

Comment

Yes, Leinster wanted to keep him. In regard to forcing him to stay, the fact that several clubs were chasing his tail suggests there was a fair bit of give in his contract - he was effectively on the market.
                                Of course the big winner in this is Darren Hudson - promoted way above his rank next season.
                                Last edited by Malley; 5th-May-2013, 00:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X