No announcement yet.

Andrew Conway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conway was electric the year before too when they won it and again at Senior Cup level in Blackrock's win along with Brendan Macken, Denis Buckley and captain Jordi Murphy (at lock!).

Michael's had decent half back pairing there in '07 with Cathal Marsh and Luke McGrath. They went on to lose the Senior Cup 3 years later too with Dan Leavy on board to Tadhg Beirne's Clongowes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
      Fine player unfortunately the international coach has his favourites hence why he'll only ever be an alternate for Ireland.

Pity
      Joe seemed to be a fan when he was fit to be fair. I reckon he'd definitely have the 23 jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by garryowen2323 View Post
        Joe seemed to be a fan when he was fit to be fair. I reckon he'd definitely have the 23 jersey.
        Kearney had a great game yesterday so he's obviously picked up his game. If Earls or Kearney or Stockdale are injured then Conway should be straight in.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
          Kearney had a great game yesterday so he's obviously picked up his game. If Earls or Kearney or Stockdale are injured then Conway should be straight in.
          100%. Back 3 is one area we're not pleased with exceptional talent. Conway definitely next in line and is a few levels up on the likes of McFadden, Larmour (for now), Byrne, Daly, Wootton, Sweetnam, OHalloran, Gilroy, Trimble in my view. All depends on what Joe wants on the bench at 23. Back 3 or centre. Carbery in 22 gives full back cover too. Then Conway vs Aki/Farrell presuming Henshaw/Ringrose will be first choice when all fit. If that ever happens!

Edit: In hindsight Larmour does have that ability to cover 13 aswell as back 3 which could put him in driving seat for 23 jersey if he can get back into the Leinster squad!

Comment

Larmour has undoubted talent and potential. So far though I've seen him score a spectacular try in TP on Stephens day, I havent seen him dominate an ariel battle or make try saving tackles in the way Conway has. He has to show the full game before he gets ahead of the pack IMO.
            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined. &nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X