Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats happened to cj stander

can anyone enlighted me on this -apologies if covered in prior threads

cj was pretty good in games before saracens back to back - has barely played since then and is now sub for a side - doesnt even make team for zebre game

can anybody tell me why he aint being picked

Originally posted by janesboro View Post
    can anyone enlighted me on this -apologies if covered in prior threads

cj was pretty good in games before saracens back to back - has barely played since then and is now sub for a side - doesnt even make team for zebre game

can anybody tell me why he aint being picked
    Donners told him to **** in axels cornflakes as an initiation, axel wasn't best pleased. All will be well again next season.

Comment

He wasn't selected for the HEC squad due to the injury situation. No idea why he isn't playing in the Rabo though. I suspect there is more going on than meets the eye.

Comment

I heard he got hit by a bus.
        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

he wore the wrong coloured socks at training in December and has been shunned by the entire squad since.
          \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

Janesbro, I think the answers so far indicate nobody knows...the only thing we are sure of is that he didn't get selected for H Cup squad.
            \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
            Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by John123 View Post
              Janesbro, I think the answers so far indicate nobody knows...the only thing we are sure of is that he didn't get selected for H Cup squad.
              There is a huge difference between not having a space for someone due to regs, poor performing players and various injuries . . .and them 'not being selected'.

What the answers indicate is that this has been explained to death . . . . . . and there is no actual conspiracy theory here no matter how hard the Tin Foil Hat Brigade try to infer one.

Comment

dude... theres a deep conspiracy going on and if anyone has caught on to it, they ve probably been " taken care of"

Comment

CJ is in fact an alien-human hybrid and is currently being dissected at an unnamed facility in the Nevada desert with a view to creating a genetically enhanced super solider to give the US an edge in the upcoming invasion of Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                    CJ is in fact an alien-human hybrid and is currently being dissected at an unnamed facility in the Nevada desert with a view to creating a genetically enhanced super solider to give the US an edge in the upcoming invasion of Syria.
                    you mean Limerick? easily confused

Comment

Originally posted by Rog is Godlike View Post
                      you mean Limerick? easily confused
                      The last army to invade limerick we destroyed all there canons
                      beware of our trickery plus we have POC
                      fear of god in you
                      employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                      beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                      who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                      we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                        I heard he got hit by a bus.
                        Is the bus ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Viigand View Post
                          He wasn't selected for the HEC squad due to the injury situation. No idea why he isn't playing in the Rabo though. I suspect there is more going on than meets the eye.
                          Nothing against Ivan Dineen, but I still think it was mad not to include Stander in the HC squad, even moreso when you look at what ASM were able to bring off the bench. Compare that to us, and the fresh legs that Stander would have been able to provide, might have made the difference in the closing stages. I'd prefer to think that there was something going on in the background, rather than a tactically poor decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                            Nothing against Ivan Dineen, but I still think it was mad not to include Stander in the HC squad, even moreso when you look at what ASM were able to bring off the bench. Compare that to us, and the fresh legs that Stander would have been able to provide, might have made the difference in the closing stages. I'd prefer to think that there was something going on in the background, rather than a tactically poor decision.
                            As I've said before, I think it was just bad timing. Coughlan came back from injury just as CJ got a mid term hand injury ruling him out.

Then, for the KO's, Duncan Williams form collapse made him un-selectable, even on the bench (management were wrong, in hindsight, to put so much trust in his abilities) and Dineen had to be added to avoid the embarrassing prospect of the likes of POM ending up on the wing or in the centre.

It was a mix of terrible injury luck at the worst time, misplaced trust in a player in a crucial position and, yes, management error.

He'll be like a new signing next season from Day 1, because that's what he will be.
                            To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
                              Agree: A lot of people making stupid jokes about this, but the real joke is that we failed to include him in the HC squad. He is the one player that i have seen this season, that could make an impact off the bench. Forget that he was too tired, the facts are he was omitted from the HC squad in preference for players that would ever get a game anyway unless a major injury crisis. Then he wasnt even picked for Rabo games. I'd say nothing if he was a complete rookie, but this guy came with huge praise and media attention and was very highly thought of in SA. I'd like to hear Penney explain his thoughts on Stander and if he considers him a first team player for next season. We only have him on a 2 year contract and we wasted the first year.

Comment

Working...
                              X