• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigel Owens, the TMO and a strange try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3bzWmZd0s

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
    That's mad Ted!

Shows the importance of Always following up, just in case. Think it went over but couldn't say for sure.
    Con Artist

Comment

I thought the kick went over

Comment

ruddy hell .. the replays certainly make it look like the original penalty kick went over. And as for the camera angle for the try that was dodgy as bedamned.. so much for the TMO!
        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

ASM Clermont Auvergne v Munster Rugby, Stade de la Mosson (18.00)
          Referee: Nigel Owens (Wal); Assistant referee 1: Leighton Hodges (Wal); Assistant referee 2: Ian Davies (Wal); TMO: Gareth Simmonds (Wal); Citing Commissioner: Douglas Hunter (Sco)

Hope Gareth (TMO in that match) does the same on Saturday allows Zebo a dodgy try after ROG hits the post.

Comment

It also shows that Nigel is always Right !!!!

So POC needs to learn how to work with Nigel when it comes to decisions not going our way. Stiff upper lip and all that sometimes is a good thing........

Comment

It's only a matter of time before Nigel Owens becomes our Welsh Romain Poite

Comment

Nig might not have had his greatest game in the Leinster match but he is generally the best ref going IMHO. He is clear and generally consistent. Personally I am delighted he is officiating on Saturday.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KearneyRob/statu...057537/photo/1

Robnoxious tweeting Owens.
                  clowns

Comment

bizarre, cant see how he didnt think that kick was over
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I have an issue with players contacting refs - even through twitter - outside the match itself. There are channels for formal contact between clubs and refs. On the pitch there is some scope for players particularly captains to talk to refs. But why is this trend growing that seems to indicate that ongoing contact is OK? It makes it difficuly to demonstrate that players are not attempting to influence refs off the field of play - improper influence potentially?

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                        Nigel didn't disallow the try. The TMO did. Nigel admited at the time he couldn't see if it was grounded.
                        I think Kearnage sent the pic to the wrong fellow.
                        Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
                          I have an issue with players contacting refs - even through twitter - outside the match itself. There are channels for formal contact between clubs and refs. On the pitch there is some scope for players particularly captains to talk to refs. But why is this trend growing that seems to indicate that ongoing contact is OK? It makes it difficuly to demonstrate that players are not attempting to influence refs off the field of play - improper influence potentially?
                          Totally agree, and of course that's what players and/or coaches will try to do unless the Irb bring in adhered to guidelines here to nip this stuff in the bud.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Did they get the conversion by the way?
                            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                              That's incredible. That ref was banned last week for saying some other ref made a poor decision. That's expressing your opinion. Kearney has gone and contacted Owens directly in an open forum here. Hmmmmm....

Comment

Working...
                              X