Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leftwinger
    replied
    Knock on by the dragons winger for first try ??

Leave a comment:

• gavindillon
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
    Did anyone see that dangerous hack through by NG Dragons player that could have rendered murphy unconcious or dead?

I forgot the sarcastic emoticon.
    I was actually going to mention that but didn't want to start stirring things up again :_ahoy__rvmp_by_bad_

Leave a comment:

• bazzyg
    replied
    Originally posted by déiseman View Post
    One for the refs and law experts here, but was the yellow on Butler not completely wrong?

He made the tackle, released the player, got back on his feet and then went for the ball and I assume the penalty was given for not entering the ruck through the gate......But is it not right that because he was the tackler he didn't have to go back from the hindmost feet?

It would still be a penalty if the ref had called it a ruck, but there was no Dragons players on their feet so how could it be a ruck??

I could be wrong, but I think he had rights to the ball there because he was the tackler. That's the law that McCaw exploits so brilliantly. People start calling him a cheat then because they don't understand the rules!

Butler had a lot to complain about between the card, having his try awarded to Johne and that "the Tipperary man was a long way from home" sh*te, devilishly witty stuff from the commentator there!
    On first viewing it looked like Butler fellb off the tackle and it was completed by another Munster player, presumably he was in an offside position then

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by LLCOOLJ14 View Post
    I'm neither, and I defo think it was a harsh yellow.

I'm guessing the ref judged DOC as the main tackler as opposed to Butler. A tackle assister is not the main tackler as defined in law, and hence can only contest possession behind the ball and behind the tackled player.
    So borderline in this situation thou, that the yellow was very harsh I thought (hard to know if we were on a warning re pens at that stage thou from the highlights).
    I agree with that and would say we were unlikely to be on a warning as I don't think the ref had spoken to BH. Thought it was interesting that they didn't show the incident for the last penalty which I thought was very dubious, although the game was up by then. Have to say that we were lucky to get away with a fair few side entry clear outs IMHO so I would say it probably balanced out over the course of the game.

Leave a comment:

• LLCOOLJ14
    replied
    Originally posted by déiseman View Post
    One for the refs and law experts here, but was the yellow on Butler not completely wrong?

!
    I'm neither, and I defo think it was a harsh yellow.

I'm guessing the ref judged DOC as the main tackler as opposed to Butler. A tackle assister is not the main tackler as defined in law, and hence can only contest possession behind the ball and behind the tackled player.
    So borderline in this situation thou, that the yellow was very harsh I thought (hard to know if we were on a warning re pens at that stage thou from the highlights).
    Last edited by LLCOOLJ14; 21-April-2013, 10:34.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Some nice tries scored there by both sides, the first one conceded by us was a little sloppy by Sheridan. We got a bit of luck with J.Murphys try as we butchered a chance wide first.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
    no. just played it again.
    Now it's telling me it's not available in RSA. Weird cos all the other Pro12 highlights are. Thanks for trying all the same Boo-Boo. :5_seconds_hug_by_ba

Leave a comment:

• Boo-boo
    replied
    Did anyone see that dangerous hack through by NG Dragons player that could have rendered murphy unconcious or dead?

I forgot the sarcastic emoticon.
    Last edited by Boo-boo; 21-April-2013, 09:34.

Leave a comment:

• déiseman
    replied

He made the tackle, released the player, got back on his feet and then went for the ball and I assume the penalty was given for not entering the ruck through the gate......But is it not right that because he was the tackler he didn't have to go back from the hindmost feet?

It would still be a penalty if the ref had called it a ruck, but there was no Dragons players on their feet so how could it be a ruck??

I could be wrong, but I think he had rights to the ball there because he was the tackler. That's the law that McCaw exploits so brilliantly. People start calling him a cheat then because they don't understand the rules!

Butler had a lot to complain about between the card, having his try awarded to Johne and that "the Tipperary man was a long way from home" sh*te, devilishly witty stuff from the commentator there!

Leave a comment:

• Boo-boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
    Anybody else getting a "this video is unplayable message"? :(
    no. just played it again.

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
    Anybody else getting a "this video is unplayable message"? :(

Leave a comment:

• Boo-boo
    replied
    ah ffs! one fella in the crowd seemed more interested in texting than watching the match. you'd wonder why they go.:D

Leave a comment:

• eoghan
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Stephen Archer went to the blood bin towards the end of the half with what looked like a badly broken nose.

Archer returned at the start of the second half and almost immediately we showed much greater intensity and savvy.

Archer came off at this point with what looked like an injured wrist
    What an animal.

Leave a comment:

• barleys chinos
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlOl1...rcH4w&index=15

Match highlights.

Leave a comment:

• rua13
    replied
    Don't want to start a new thread on this but that was a pretty dreadful article about POC by Vincent Hogan..Talk about trial by media

Leave a comment:

Working...
X