NG Dragons V Munster, 7PM KO Friday. Team Named #58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
    Won't be any concerns with injury through that selection at least.
    Have to disagree with that in a big way, we will need the bench against Clermont and the squad isn't that deep at all. Any damage to Keatley, Sheridan, Holland (with DOC a doubt), WDP, Archer or Hurley and we could end up putting some very green lads on the bench for the province's biggest game in 4 years.

In particluar I'll be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that Varley makes it through unscathed, I woulnd't be overly happy with us facing into Clermont having to put Henry on the bench!

Comment

So our huge hope for the season (CJ) cant even now get into the reserve team. I know we left him out of the HC squad and that was obviously a kick in the teeth for him, but surely he should be getting as much gametime as possible in our B team? Not close to Limerick or Cork where people hear wahts really going on behind the scenes, but I really did believe we had secured a very good prospect this year and am at a loss to understand why he is so far down the pecking order.

Comment

Originally posted by shep View Post
        So our huge hope for the season (CJ) cant even now get into the reserve team. I know we left him out of the HC squad and that was obviously a kick in the teeth for him, but surely he should be getting as much gametime as possible in our B team? Not close to Limerick or Cork where people hear wahts really going on behind the scenes, but I really did believe we had secured a very good prospect this year and am at a loss to understand why he is so far down the pecking order.
        He is very young and has been playing for well over a year without a break so I think he needs to be carefully handled. We will see what we have got after a good summer break and a full pre season.

Comment

Originally posted by the_dazz View Post
          Delighted with the team, great to see ROM and Bohane involved. Not good for Deasy that he couldn't get into this 23. Would like to have seen BOM involved but Ronans experience is important in that back row and CJ needs to be seen. I'd wonder about 10,12,13 defensively but it's a great attacking team. Would like to have seen Scanlon on the bench rather than Barnes but since both are on their way out then its kind of all the one. Is Johne playing for a contract or is he gone do we think? Would expect a few more contract updates in the coming weeks.
          Where is Danny Barnes off to?
          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Rumours that Danny is going to Newcastle, haven't seen any official announcement on it myself though. I'll be sorry to see him go if it's true, and hope he comes back.
            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

re. "Its heartening isn't it? I think that as the money grows and grows in France we'll see more and more all Irish selection, which will only further fan the 'us against the world' mindset that irish rugby lives by"

Has anbody got the detail (or a link) on how the (personal) tax system works for International/Provincial players - i.e. do they get a part exemption?
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

CJ is not in the H Cup squad. Paddy Butler or Dave O'Callaghan will be on the bench against Clermont. They both had to play this game, so CJ misses out. I'm not entirely sure he'd be ahead of Butler on merit either.

Comment

I for one must applaud the courage and bravery of Rob Penney. It took some balls to suspend Paulie for this game.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Who's captain?
                    Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
                      http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11846.php

Changes Aplenty For Dragons

18 April 2013, 11:04 am

By The Editor

Only three of those who started against Leinster last weekend remain in the Munster starting XV for the away trip to Rodney Parade on Friday, ko 7pm.

The trio are Denis Hurley, Ian Keatley and Damien Varley who are included in a side comprised mostly of those players who played in the British & Irish Cup win over Cornish Pirates a fortnight ago.
                      With their interest in the RaboDirect PRO12 understandably superceded by involvement in the Heineken Cup Semi-Final Coach Rob Penney has rested most of his frontliners.

Academy player Ronan O'Mahony will make his RaboDirect PRO12 debut on Friday night while his academy colleague Cian Bohane named in the replacements is also in line for his first Munster senior cap.

Marcus Horan, Munster's most capped forward, is included on the bench.

Munster: D Hurley (1); R O’Mahony, I Dineen, JJ Hanrahan, J Murphy; I Keatley, C Sheridan; W du Preez (2), D Varley (3), S Archer (4); D Foley, B Holland; Dave O’Callaghan, N Ronan, P Butler.

Replacements: S Henry, M Horan, J Ryan, I Nagle, CJ Stander, D Williams, C Bohane, D Barnes.

Please note this game will not be televised. Munster Rugby will tweet updates here
                      Only three starting from the Leinster game? Take a lap, The Editor.
                      To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                        I for one must applaud the courage and bravery of Rob Penney. It took some balls to suspend Paulie for this game.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!
                        Rumour is that he'll be writing a 500 word essay called "Why I Must Not Be A Mean Boy" during the game that he's supposed to then read aloud on video and upload to Youtube. If the video gets 200,000 views Joe Schmidt has promised to stop wailing.
                        To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
                          Only three starting from the Leinster game? Take a lap, The Editor.
                          They're using the same quote on the radio too
                          Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
                            Rumour is that he'll be writing a 500 word essay called "Why I Must Not Be A Mean Boy" during the game that he's supposed to then read aloud on video and upload to Youtube. If the video gets 200,000 views Joe Schmidt has promised to stop wailing.
                            "Why I must not be a mean boy..."

Dear Rugby public, I Paul O'Connell, have a statement to make.

No-one wants a player to be injured, not least a talented young individual like Dave Kearney. I hope he recovers well, and wish him all the best for the rest of the season. I look forward to playing with him on the Ireland team in the future, which I might be Captain of.

To the mothers and children of the world, I'm sorry if I offended you all. Rugby is not about kicking people in the head. Some bright spark a while back decided that 'football' would be far better if he justed picked the bloody thing up. I forgot that briefly.

But ask yourselves, did I exact every last ounce of absolution from the citing commissioner? Was I found walking? Did I put the fear of god into someone? Was there manic fuqing aggression? Did someone look up and say 'What the fuq is going on?'. Come on, let them get stuck in, come on! The vatican had nothing to say on the matter, Pope Frankie says Relax for fuq's sake. Lions? What Lions? Do they extract every last ounce of retribution? Did they put the fear of No-Lions into my shin? Was there a balll? Was it ball sport? Were there manic fuqing selection decisions from Gatland to be made? Come on, get stuck in, come on!

Mothers of the world, vea victis, woe to the vanquished. I Paul O'Connell will personally make sure your kids look both ways before crossing the road. If any traffic warden does not enforce this safety-code strategy I will personally kick their hea.... I will personally put the fear of... I'll do the job myself.

Regards

POC
                            Freeman of Limerick City (entitled to do what I fuqing want)
                            Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

It's only 305 words though.
                              I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Ceee Jayyyy!!! :_excited__rvmp_by_b
                                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X