No announcement yet.

NG Dragons V Munster, 7PM KO Friday. Team Named #58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per usual this crowd will be cheating their supporters, by getting up for the Munster match, and playing piss-poor for the rest of the season.

Comment

Ian Keatley: "Hi Rob, you wanted to see me?"
      Rob Penney: "Yus, huv a seat please Iun."
      IK: "What's up Rob?"
      RP: "Wull, yuh know the way uh sid yuh'd git more chahnces thus seasun?"
      IK: "Yus ... I mean yes Rob."
      RP: "Wull, uh've bun chickin the fans website and there's thus one guy called Dowlunz. Might just be that he huz a bit of a man-crush on ROG, but whutuver the reason, he duzzen rate yer."
      IK: "Sorry to hear that Rob. I know I've had a few bad days this season when the pack weren't at the races and the centres just fell to pieces, but I don't think I was as consistently poor for weeks on end as someone else I could mention, in spite of being partnered with a less competent scrum half a lot of the time. And even on my worst days, I've still managed to kick touchfinders that went a lot more than a dozen metres, and avoid kicking 22 dropouts straight into touch, haven't I? Plus I'm in great form now! Everyone says that try I scored against Leinster was pretty tidy, and I thought I took the game to them pretty aggressively and brought James into things a lot more effectively."
      RP: "Yus, but while ut's umportant to reward good form and guv players the opportunity to buld on ut, we also huv to kip the fans huppy, and Dowlunz ain't exactly rapt. Sorry Iun, yer on mascot duty thus week."

This conversation actually happened. FACT!
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
        RP: "Wull, uh've bun chickin the fans website and there's thus one guy called Dowlunz. Might just be that he huz a bit of a man-crush on ROG, but whutuver the reason, he duzzen rate yer."
        IK: "Sorry to hear that Rob. I know I've had a few bad days this season when the pack weren't at the races and the centres just fell to pieces, but I don't think I was as consistently poor for weeks on end as someone else I could mention, in spite of being partnered with a less competent scrum half a lot of the time. And even on my worst days, I've still managed to kick touchfinders that went a lot more than a dozen metres, and avoid kicking 22 dropouts straight into touch, haven't I? Plus I'm in great form now! Everyone says that try I scored against Leinster was pretty tidy, and I thought I took the game to them pretty aggressively and brought James into things a lot more effectively."
        RP: "Yus, but while ut's umportant to reward good form and guv players the opportunity to buld on ut, we also huv to kip the fans huppy, and Dowlunz ain't exactly rapt. Sorry Iun, yer on mascot duty thus week."

One of your best Chips. ;)
        When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post
          http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11846.php

Changes Aplenty For Dragons

18 April 2013, 11:04 am

By The Editor

Only three of those who started against Leinster last weekend remain in the Munster starting XV for the away trip to Rodney Parade on Friday, ko 7pm.

The trio are Denis Hurley, Ian Keatley and Damien Varley who are included in a side comprised mostly of those players who played in the British & Irish Cup win over Cornish Pirates a fortnight ago.
          With their interest in the RaboDirect PRO12 understandably superceded by involvement in the Heineken Cup Semi-Final Coach Rob Penney has rested most of his frontliners.

Academy player Ronan O'Mahony will make his RaboDirect PRO12 debut on Friday night while his academy colleague Cian Bohane named in the replacements is also in line for his first Munster senior cap.

Marcus Horan, Munster's most capped forward, is included on the bench.

Munster: D Hurley; R O’Mahony, I Dineen, JJ Hanrahan, J Murphy; I Keatley, C Sheridan; W du Preez, D Varley, S Archer; D Foley, B Holland; Dave O’Callaghan, N Ronan, P Butler.

Replacements: S Henry, M Horan, J Ryan, I Nagle, CJ Stander, D Williams, C Bohane, D Barnes.

Please note this game will not be televised. Munster Rugby will tweet updates here
          Editor, you prannet, that's plain sloppy.
          Last edited by Thomond78; 18-April-2013, 11:50. Reason: Geraghty isn't the prannet I'm looking for...
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Well it appeared on an unofficial supporters website, so it must be FACT ! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
              Geraghty, you prannet, that's plain sloppy.
              He is not the editor of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                He is not the editor of the site.
                Then I apologise to Uncle Pat, while standing by the statement that the Editor is a sloppy prannet. I mean, FFS, look at the last team announcement:

Munsterrugby.ie

Four changes for Munster, from the side that started against Harlequins, for tomorrow's RaboDirect PRO12 clash with Leinster at Thomond Park Stadium, the most noticeable one at out-half where Ian Keatley gets the nod ahead of Ronan O'Gara.

That’s the only change in the backline while up front Donncha O’Callaghan partners Paul O’Connell and Damien Varley and Stephen Archer start ahead of Mike Sherry and BJ Botha respectively, both named on a bench that sees James Cronin included for the first time and Dave O'Callaghan back in the match day squad for the first time since late December. Munster: F Jones; D Hurley, C Laulala, J Downey, S Zebo; I Keatley, C Murray; D Kilcoyne , D Varley, S Archer; Donncha O’Callaghan, P O’Connell capt; P O’Mahony, T O’Donnell , J Coughlan. Replacements: M Sherry, J Cronin, BJ Botha, B Holland, Dave O’Callaghan, C Sheridan, JJ Hanrahan, I Dineen.
                Not that bloody hard to remember last week's team, is it?
                Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Is there no stream available for this even?
                  Marty in the Morning

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
                    One of your best Chips. ;)
                    'Chups', surely? :_ahoy__rvmp_by_bad_
                    Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by LeakyBoots View Post
                      Is there no stream available for this even?
                      No,its not being televised at all.

Comment

Bizarre
                        Marty in the Morning

Comment

Delighted with the team, great to see ROM and Bohane involved. Not good for Deasy that he couldn't get into this 23. Would like to have seen BOM involved but Ronans experience is important in that back row and CJ needs to be seen. I'd wonder about 10,12,13 defensively but it's a great attacking team. Would like to have seen Scanlon on the bench rather than Barnes but since both are on their way out then its kind of all the one. Is Johne playing for a contract or is he gone do we think? Would expect a few more contract updates in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaman View Post
                            God of all the teams in Wales I dislike the most, the Dragons are head and shoulders above them all. They're utterly crap, always close to the bottom of whatever league table they're competing in, have terrible crowds, and the ones who do attend are bitter as f*** who think their team are a Premier Rugby organisation who should be at the top of the European pile whereas in reality they wouldn't make it to the top of a slag-heap they're that awful!
                            Apologies ... bitter, twisted rant over. Good Morning to any Dragons supporters visiting our site, the best of luck next season:5_seconds_hug_by_ba
                            So the general gist is that you're looking forward to the game then?! G'wan Munster, twitter the bejaesus out of them.
                            To Infinity, Marseille & Beyond...via the winding Brive, Toulousse, Murrayfield, Stade de France, Vicarage Road, da Stooap, Montpellier, Sale route...it'll all be worth it one of these days.

Der is an isle

Comment

Won't be any concerns with injury through that selection at least. My only concern would be around some players being undercooked, if Dougie and Earls were to return without a game and Ryan has only played once since the six nations.

And I've no problem with Keatley starting, I've always said he's a solid utility player who merits starts in games like these. I'd prefer JJ at 10 but definitely would have given a start to Ian outside of the Mascot role. :_noway__by_bad_bloo

Comment

Well, in fairness, "he who pays the Piper calls the tune" so Penney is duty-bound to keep every single supporter satisfied! :_wink__rvmp_by_bad_

Comment

Working...
                                X