Horan to call it a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horan to call it a day

..and hardly a mention.. Good luck Marcus. Ridiculous try scoring record for a prop. Best memory of him was outpacing Stade Francais outside backs running it in from outside the 22. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do and thanks for the memories.. and telling Rob Kearney in no uncertain terms he's just as proud an Irishman as he is a Munsterman

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11811.php
    Last edited by Downsouthdukin; 12-April-2013, 23:03.
    I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

All the best Marcus. Thansk for all the great days
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

A superb prop in his time. Gave everything to Munster and Ireland. When on top form he was like an Everyman on the field, could play almost anywhere.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Best of luck Marcus... Thanks for the Heineken cups and the Gran Slam....
        Take care of that Ticker.....
        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Legend.
          Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

Horan had a great career, fair play to him. He was one of the most important players in Munster and Irish rugby for a long time. Aside for being a good prop and scoring tries his workrate was miles above most other props.

Comment

Great player in his prime and as crafty a prop as you'd find around the place.

Best of luck in his future endeavors.
              To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

There is a great photo of Marcus Horan with the Magners League trophy as he was leaving the pitch after beating Leinster two years ago. It was published in the Daily Telegraph (web edition at least).

Thanks Mr Horan.

Comment

Found that photo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rug...ch-report.html

(Includes Late try and daughter in the happy crowd...)
                  Last edited by Late try; 12-April-2013, 10:41.

Comment

He was there for triple crowns, Grand Slam, 2 Heineken Cups - the great days.

Didn't he run in a jinky tap-and-go try against Gloucester (?) after thinking Rob Henderson had shouted "Go on" to him? Hendo had in fact shouted the exact opposite!

Thanks for the great memories Marcus, and the torch has been passed to a Killer....
                    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Congratulations on a great career, Marcus.

p.s. Easier to choose your team mates than your brother in law..... ;)

Comment

A great servant to Munster and Ireland. He should have had more caps for Ireland (but that's an argument for another day).

Some man for the break and a great eye for the whitewash.

Gwan Puppy.
                        The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

His mad jinky sprint past the Captain as they made their way out onto the pitch was always the signal to rub the hands in excitement in the knowledge that anything could happen in the next 80 mins.

It must be very satisfying to finish knowing he could not have given much more and having achieved so much.

Comment

Made a huge contribution to us and was a cornerstone of our HEC odyssey. I've nothing but good memories of him and wish him all the best for the next step in his career. Any mention of what he's planning to do?
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                              A great servant to Munster and Ireland. He should have had more caps for Ireland (but that's an argument for another day).

Some man for the break and a great eye for the whitewash.

Gwan Puppy.
                              Aye, we saw far too much of the Reggie ''the doorman'' roll for me liking but I guess he fitted the EOS rugby by numbers style rather than the more ''free-spirited'' Horan
                              I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Working...
                              X