Ball retention

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball retention

I think that the key to Munsters win v harlequins this past weekend was the way munster held onto possession. They held onto possession through multiple phases through good rucking technique( which of course is key to playing " pennyball" as some people have been refering to it as)

Even though the Munster never scored a try out of it, its very much an effective way to tire out opposition and force them to give away penalties. Obviously tired defenders lead to more line breaks and so on etc

I ve always felt that rucking is the most important aspect to the game. Munster secured their ball effectively without over committing/under committing numbers to the break down which is a huge part of the way Rob Penny wants them to play the game. the next part is executing the basic skills of passing, executing overlap situations effectively, offloading in contact, and running good angles which is all very much a work in progress.

In the mean time, i think ball retention is going to be vital if we want to beat clermont. other aspects of our game need a little bit of work and perhaps the team doesnt need to focus too much on some of the other stuff for this game. Obviously the set peice is hugely important.

Its going to be a huge challenge to beat clermont at home and i dont see it happening but holding on to possession could see them lose the plot and frustrate them.

is it possible to have any surname suffixed by the word ''ball'' scrambled like we do the misspelling of ******** and calling someone a ********
    I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Difficult I'd imagine Downsouthdukin. You could always still use Schmidt-ball, O'Shea*ball, Bradley^ball etc etc
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
      X