Harlequins, a proper rugby club.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harlequins, a proper rugby club.

As someone who criticized Saracens for unsporting behavior I want to say what a great rugby club Harlequins are. There was total respect for the penalty takers at all times, and great banter to be had. Thank you Quins for making it such a pleasant day .

Appreciated the respect for kickers during the first half alright (I was going a bit too mental during the second half to notice!), and while their PA announcements for scores/replacements etc came across as very loud on the telly it wasn't the classless, non-stop intrusion on the occasion that Sarries inflicted on the sport. Credit where it's due to Quins.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Yeah big respect to the Quins fans - very nice, knowledgable people. Dignified in defeat and wished us all the best in the semi - classy people
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Completely agree with all of these sentiments. Thought also that being so near the pitch was fantastic, especially for the lap-of-honour. Thanks 'quins. Wishing you all well for the rest of the season - and retain the premiership.

Comment

Absolutely agree. None of that piped music rubbish, great ground, great fans, cracking atmosphere. One of the most enjoyable away trips I've been on. Saracens could learn a thing or two from them.

Comment

I'll add Conor O'Shea to that - sure he was gutted but was very gracious indefeat

Comment

Originally posted by galinka View Post
              I'll add Conor O'Shea to that - sure he was gutted but was very gracious indefeat
              Absolutely. He gave great credit to Munster and POC. A true gent.
              I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

Originally posted by galinka View Post
                Originally posted by Buceph View Post
                Absolutely. He gave great credit to Munster and POC. A true gent.

Of course, Conor's Dad, Jerome, won 3 All Ireland medals in the fifties with Kerry.

Comment

Very proud of my home ground but even prouder of my Munstermen.
                  PAUL O'CONNELL KNOWS MY NAME, HE NEEDED IT FOR THE RESTRAINING ORDER!

Comment

Roll on the Clermont fans. They're up their with the best if not the best around (us excluded obviously)
                    http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

Originally posted by Babs (was bthequin) View Post
                      Very proud of my home ground but even prouder of my Munstermen.
                      Met a good friend of yours, Quin Kong. Good guy, as were all the Quins supporters I met. Great (home ) Club.
                      Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

great day all round, much more enjoyable than the last time I was over in the Stoop - was that around 2003 or so, when we played Quins in Twickenham? Anyway, lovely memories, a crowd of very nice people indeed. And having the space around to have the food, bars etc afterwards made for lovely mingling etc

Comment

Have to agree with all that, fantastic ground and great fans.

Comment

Delighted with the Quins fan who sold me tickets for me and my son! Top man!
                            english by birth

Comment

Just thought I'd add my voice to this - fantastic ground, fantastic fans and were a pleasure to visit. Would be happy to go back. Thanks Quins for a great occasion and the respect you afforded your visitors and their team

Comment

Working...
                              X