Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mannix in Examiner HC Supplement (not DG Lenihan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mannix in Examiner HC Supplement (not DG Lenihan)

The Aussie makes some interesting points . . .

Originally posted by bingo22 View Post
    Shame he hasn't developed a backline move all season that has amassed even one. Sack this joker now!!!

Comment

Anyone care to tell us what the aforementioned points are?
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by bingo22 View Post
        He's a Kiwi. All Black number 908.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
          Anyone care to tell us what the aforementioned points are?
          Basically in Munster they're trying to develop the players' "game sense". That means being able to adapt to new situations. He said around 80% of the play is played in the grey (unstructured) and thats the area they're trying to improve. He also said Irish players and North Hemisphere players in general are used to playing a structured game and that structured game play makes up about 20% of rugby matches.

Comment

It supports the idea of adding sevens as a national sport and tag at lower levels - being able to put players into space moreso than playing by numbers?
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Back in EOS's day we played 100% structured rugby or at least tried to, grim
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Mardyke Maverick View Post
                Shame he hasn't developed a backline move all season that has amassed even one. Sack this joker now!!!
                I have to say I've never been convinced of his quality as a coach. I do realise he is working with very average centres and a fading 10 at this level also but nonetheless what have we seen of genuine invention from our backs or in the loose to convince anyone that they are getting good unit coaching in the backs or on loose & support play. To try to play an offloading game without a sufficiently skilled backs & attack coach is to ask to come up short- unfortunately.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Sounds brilliant! 23 Campeses in a Munster shirt.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Think he's unfairly blamed for a lot of Munster's problems around here tbh. There's more than one coach on the ticket.

Comment

Well the net effect so far has been something approaching 99.9% unstructured.
                      The 0.1% being the drop outs after interception tries.

Comment

Would do well in Leinster then, ideal foil for Llama-boy. If Joe gets the Irish gig..
                        Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

We were not playing 80% "unstructured" in 06 or 08, we were playing to our strengths 80% of the time

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
                            Basically in Munster they're trying to develop the players' "game sense". That means being able to adapt to new situations. He said around 80% of the play is played in the grey (unstructured) and thats the area they're trying to improve. He also said Irish players and North Hemisphere players in general are used to playing a structured game and that structured game play makes up about 20% of rugby matches.

All well and good, BUT isn't the time to develop this at academy and underage level? How does a player like howlett learn a new game?

and the more I hear of mannix the more I'm convinced he's full of ****. Scrums, line outs, kick offs, 22's all have set plays and patterns off first, 2nd and beyond. That's way, way more than 20%.

Comment

+1
                              spot on lawrence
                              rugby is based around territory and set pieces, modern defences are built to retain their structure after multiple phases
                              try winning a game without a set piece and see what happens

unadulterated BS from our backs coach

Comment

Working...
                              X