Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasgow Vs Munster 29th March k/o 20.05

Is anyone going to this?
    "Why am I so rubbish at life?" Quote from a Saints fan in Shannon Airport 11/04/2010

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life :-)

Hope this one goes well. Overall, Connacht was a good start to an important period. If we could get this one it would do wonders for the momentum ahead of the Quins game. With the international lads back we have a good shot I think

With POC's performance on Sat nite I saw something that sums his return up perfectly in my opinion:

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,A light from the shadows shall spring;Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king.

Sums up his return and our chances in the next few games perfectly roll on Friday!!!
    Last edited by Adam1986; 25th-March-2013, 11:47.

Comment

Glasgow twitter feed saying it will be more or less a full house.

Comment

Really tough ask for us to get a win in Glasgow considering their recent form. A good solid performance would be hugely encouraging ahead of the QF though.

Comment

Was confident in predicting a Munster win this weekend. Glasgow on the other hand looked pretty handy against Leinster on Saturday and could be a real handfull. Home win I think.
          "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by Adam1986 View Post
            From the ashes a fire shall be woken,A light from the shadows shall spring;Renewed shall be blade that was broken,The crownless again shall be king.
            We'll get Paul to Mu(n)ster the Rohirrim

Click image for larger version

Name:	muster-the-rohirrim1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	2476501
            Last edited by déiseman; 25th-March-2013, 12:27.

Comment

Glasgow have turned into some team in the past 2 seasons, may genuinely be the best team in the league at the moment. Will certainly know where we stand after this.

Comment

If Munster believe they can beat Harlequins then this one is a must win.
                He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Anyone know if BBC Alba has an English commentary option similar to S4C? Great game to have 8 days before the Quins match against a team playing v well, would hope that Donncha Ryan, O'Mahony and Murray, Botha all return so that they can go close as possible to the team for the Quins game. Interesting selection choices with Varley playing well on Saturday night but would imagine Sherry would get the call to start. Hope to see something like

Botha
                  Sherry
                  Kilcoyne
                  Ryan
                  PO'C
                  O'Mahony
                  O'Donnell
                  Coughlan
                  Murray
                  RO'G
                  Hurley (hopefully Zebo back for the Quins game)
                  Downey
                  Lualala
                  Howlett
                  Jones

Subs
                  Archer, Varley, Du Preez, Donnacha O'Callaghan, Dave O'Callaghan if fit or P. Butler if not, Sheridan, Keatley, Dineen.

Ideally no injuries especially to Botha, PO'C and Murray and a morale boosting win would also be welcome..
                  \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Comment

This will be a step up from last weekend but that's just what's needed. Penney spoke about maintaining pressure during the game after the win. I'd like to see a lot more of that.

Sarries kept the pressure on Quins bigstyle
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Tullig Red View Post
                      Anyone know if BBC Alba has an English commentary option similar to S4C? Great game to have 8 days before the Quins match against a team playing v well, would hope that Donncha Ryan, O'Mahony and Murray, Botha all return so that they can go close as possible to the team for the Quins game. Interesting selection choices with Varley playing well on Saturday night but would imagine Sherry would get the call to start. Hope to see something like

Botha
                      Sherry
                      Kilcoyne
                      Ryan
                      PO'C
                      O'Mahony
                      O'Donnell
                      Coughlan
                      Murray
                      RO'G
                      Hurley (hopefully Zebo back for the Quins game)
                      Downey
                      Lualala
                      Howlett
                      Jones

Subs
                      Archer, Varley, Du Preez, Donnacha O'Callaghan, Dave O'Callaghan if fit or P. Butler if not, Sheridan, Keatley, Dineen.

Ideally no injuries especially to Botha, PO'C and Murray and a morale boosting win would also be welcome..

I actually hope he fields the same side as last week and holds Murray, POM and Ryan for Quins. Ryan and O'Mahoney took some serious punsihment in the 6 nations, letting them recuperate for as long as possible would probably suit us better, and , it shows nothing to quins.

Comment

I think Keatley deserves a start to see where hes at with a close to full selection
                        I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                          I actually hope he fields the same side as last week and holds Murray, POM and Ryan for Quins. Ryan and O'Mahoney took some serious punsihment in the 6 nations, letting them recuperate for as long as possible would probably suit us better, and , it shows nothing to quins.
                          Couldn't agree more, time to keep the powder dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
                            I think Keatley deserves a start to see where hes at with a close to full selection
                            How does he deserve a start?
                            I'm just curious as to how you came to that opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by Dumptruck View Post
                              Not the end of the world if O'Mahony or in particular Ryan are kept back as they have options in the back row and O'Callaghan won't let us down. Feel that Murray needs at least 60 minutes with RO'G to get some kinda momentum going together, its a very tough game and a good display would give the team a big boost with Quins on the horizon.
                              \"There\'s only 1 Dougie Howlett, only 1 Dougie Howlett, drinking in bars, dancing on cars, walking in a Dougie wonderland!!!\"

Comment

Working...
                              X