Time to show ROG some support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to show ROG some support

Hey all, haven't posted in an age but the relentless negative coverage of ROG over the past few weeks (not directed at here, just in general) has driven me to it. ROG has not played well in a while, this we know. He has been suffering in the Ireland jersey and in Red. His time may well be up but that's not the point. As of right now, we still need him and we should all hope he can play his way back into a bit of form. It would not be right for him to go out like this. I hope everyone gets behind ROG tomorrow night and gives him massive support. The man has pulled our asses out of the fire on more occasions than I care to remember and he deserves our loyalty and respect. Tomorrow nights the perfect time to show it, he will be retired long enough. Ps If any of the old Shannon message board crew knows the whereabouts of PUMPEDUPTOMEEYEBALLS ye might give him a shout. he can write this stuff way better than I..

In a perfect world Hayes would still be in the front row, Axel in the backrow with Quinny and Wallace. However we don't live in a perfect world. Time waits for no man.

I was sin binned last week for criticising O'Gara so I'll watch what I say here. O'Gara is not the player he was, he has been very poor this season. Sport is cruel but the criticism of O'Gara is fairly justified. What he did 10 years ago, five years ago or one year ago does not really matter - what matters is the here and now. In my opinion we look a far better side with Keats in there as he can tackle, pass and kick. Lately O'Gara has not done any of those.

Comment

No one is above criticism. ROG is not playing to tomorrow cos of anything he has done in the past. He is playing cos Ireland desperately need him next weekend. We can talk all day about the rights and wrongs of that but my point is the guy could use a bit of support right now and I feel he has earned that, and then some.

Comment

I'll support ROG anytime he steps on a field in green or red, doesn't mean I can't critique him though
        AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
          Tomorrow nights the perfect time to show it, he will be retired long enough. Ps If any of the old Shannon message board crew knows the whereabouts of PUMPEDUPTOMEEYEBALLS ye might give him a shout. he can write this stuff way better than I..
          Can't we give our platitudes when the guy calls it a day. Rumours abound that he's pushing for a Munster contract next season, which will only drag us further into the mire - how much further can we fall?

We can all get misty eyed and party like its 1999, but tmr night I expect a horror show. The Os 10/12 are going to target him like vultures, as TOD doesn't have the talent or ferocity of Wally to protect him. I expect him to sits miles back in the pocket and throw lateral passes to a static, immobile Downey. The only other things he can do are dinks over the head which just lead to possession being lost.

JJ not being in the squad is a massive black mark against Penney and Mannix. What the hell are they playing at?

Comment

We'll all support him tomorrow. Nothing to do with support for the man, that is just silly.
            "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

There's plenty of threads discussing squad selection. I hope he can make some sort of return to form for the remaining games he plays in. Criticism is fine but there's been some pretty nasty stuff going about. So come on ROg, hope you have a stormer
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                We'll all support him tomorrow. Nothing to do with support for the man, that is just silly.
                I'd like to think, as Irish rugby supporters across all Provinces, we would wish some type of return to form, before he hangs up his boots. That support is not going to happen though. Is it? Bloody shame really!
                Last edited by shanners; 1st-March-2013, 22:38.

Comment

He'll get plenty of support I'm sure, just as he always has done.

The thing is though that he now needs to show us that he can still contribute. People understandably are now doubting his ability at this stage of his career, at this level. It's a pithy epithet to say "he owes us nothing" but I reckon he actually owes us plenty at this point. He's made a very decent living out of rugby and has not given us value in a while.

I wish him well.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post
                    We'll all support him tomorrow. Nothing to do with support for the man, that is just silly. - No it's not
                    Selecting a person who can no longer perform the basics to the required standard is not just silly, it's wrong.

O'Gara has not just tarnished his image by insisting he stay well beyond his sell by date, he's made himself an item of mockery. You should hear what rugby players (+ ex-players & supporters) were saying about him where I was working this past week.

Sad also that he is destroying both Ireland's and Munster's season.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEWoYSjKAEA

Comment

Originally posted by 99_oK? View Post
                        Selecting a person who can no longer perform the basics to the required standard is not just silly, it's wrong.

O'Gara has not just tarnished his image by insisting he stay well beyond his sell by date, he's made himself an item of mockery. You should hear what rugby players (+ ex-players & supporters) were saying about him where I was working this past week.

Sweet god do some people actually think this s hit is fact.
                        ROG will have tomorrow to prove himself,i think he will and wish him all the best he is always better when he is bitter.
                        Ex players who talk s hit about ROG more than likely never even were considered for a munster jersey,put their names up and we will see if they have the credentials to be on a par critics.
                        If you cant or wont then stop quoting phantoms.
                        clowns

Comment

what a sad little post , btw did those said mocking ex players ever achieve anything on a rugby field?

Comment

We have a poster on MF.com dedicated to supporting ROG 24/7 what more is needed. Hopefully like the bull against Leinster in the league final he can pull out one great performance tomorrow. But I fear the worst.
                            Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

jesus Christ where to start. You'd swear he was player manager. This is the ****e I'm talking about. It's more than criticism it's absolute bollox. He was somehow supposed to know he'd play badly when 12 months ago he was still our best option?
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                              X