What now for O Gara

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What now for O Gara

Being a long time Munster fan, watching ROG's demise is a shame to see. In my view it is really unfair to slate him personally despite his poor performances.
    I find it laughable reading posters calling for his retirement. We all know that he is NOW sub HEC standard ,Int standard. Until the IRFU realize this there will be no change and IRFU will not tolerate a guy being paid 200k plus pa to sit on a bench.
    So thank you for all the good times ROG and hope you will soon enjoy the retirement which you richly deserve.

Originally posted by jimmybotha View Post
    Being a long time Munster fan, watching ROG's demise is a shame to see. In my view it is really unfair to slate him personally despite his poor performances.
    I find it laughable reading posters calling for his retirement. We all know that he is NOW sub HEC standard ,Int standard. Until the IRFU realize this there will be no change and IRFU will not tolerate a guy being paid 200k plus pa to sit on a bench.
    So thank you for all the good times ROG and hope you will soon enjoy the retirement which you richly deserve.
    We can all say what we want about things he did in the past, however i really have an issue with him now. I'm sure he is a smart guy, however, i think what has actually happened him is this;

All the praise he gets in the press has gone to his head and he even now believes the hype. I believe that he no longer cares about the teams performance, but instead, goes out with the intention of doing a spiral kick to the corner that the media will fawn over. Thats why he gets no distance on his touch kicks. Instead of just kicking to touch, he has to try some over elaborate outside of the boot spiral, which if it comes off looks amazing, but when it doesnt (most times) you get nowhere.

Thats why he is forever kicking away possesion, imagining himself as some sort of bionic foot eagle eyed genius. Either that or he knows hes passed it but wants the money and cares about himself more than the team.

Comment

I agree. Even the bloody Pope knew when it was time to hang up his boots. But ROG is simply eyeballing the IRFU / Kidney and the Turnip Branch to call him in - and they're all funking it.

If he really cared about Munster and Irish rugby, then he'd announce his retirement in thye morning.

As an aside, did you notice how long he took over that wholly meaningless conversion in the 82nd minute of a dead game? Two things came into my mind (a) that maybe it was his last ever kick and (b) that getting that kick and adding another 2 points to his stats meant far far more to him than the result of the match or the context of the kick. Puzzling.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I'm guessing 'b'...
        \"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness\".
        Dalai Lama

Comment

O'Gara still thinks he is good enough to make the Lions tour, that's how stubborn and strong willed he is. He reckons he should be in the Ireland team ahead of Sexton too.

O'Gara is trying to stay on the gravy train as long as he can and get that contract extension.

We always hear about how honest he is so surely on the flight back home tonight he'll realise the show is over and at the very least contemplate packing it in for good immediately. He is holding Munster back now, the performances are getting worse and worse, he is getting even more narky on the rugby football pitch. Painful to see his demise. He can't tackle (he never could), he can't get the backs going and even now his much vaunted kicking game has vanished.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
            I agree. Even the bloody Pope knew when it was time to hang up his boots. But ROG is simply eyeballing the IRFU / Kidney and the Turnip Branch to call him in - and they're all funking it.

If he really cared about Munster and Irish rugby, then he'd announce his retirement in thye morning.

As an aside, did you notice how long he took over that wholly meaningless conversion in the 82nd minute of a dead game? Two things came into my mind (a) that maybe it was his last ever kick and (b) that getting that kick and adding another 2 points to his stats meant far far more to him than the result of the match or the context of the kick. Puzzling.
            Excatly what i said as he was lining it up.
            Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

I just love the hurlers on the ditch!
              Who would you play at 10 for Munster or Ireland?
              There is not a huge pick to be honest.

His kicking has deteriorated both to touch and place kicks that's the big issue for me - he was never much good at making a line break.

But until we sign a 10 from down under we will continue to suffer

Comment

Given the blood that was streaming down the side of his head and had been for about half an hour at that stage from his head being stamped did it occur that maybe he was groggy and disoriented? But no, the mfans logical conclusion is mental arithmetic of his lifetime achievements.

This place is pathetic when it comes to ROG.

Comment

Ronan O'Gara one of the Absolute greats. No doubt Dowlinz. But time is up. He owes Munster nothing, Ireland nothing, but he owes it to himself to call time & to stop damaging his legacy
                  Con Artist

Comment

"Groggy and disoriented"?

**** me.
                    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                      ...He owes Munster nothing...
                      He owes us plenty.
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                        Given the blood that was streaming down the side of his head and had been for about half an hour at that stage from his head being stamped did it occur that maybe he was groggy and disoriented? But no, the mfans logical conclusion is mental arithmetic of his lifetime achievements.

Presumably you were so busy moving your right hand up and down in a rapid, repetitive motion that you overlooked the fact that two other bloodless top-notch place kickers were available on the paddock, I refer to Messrs. Keatley and Hanrahan.

And, talking of messrs. - I hope that you didn't mess up the couch.
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Presumably you were so busy moving your right hand up and down in a rapid, repetitive motion that you overlooked the fact that two other bloodless top-notch place kickers were available on the paddock, I refer to Messrs. Keatley and Hanrahan.

And, talking of messrs. - I hope that you didn't mess up the couch.
                          The game was beyond reach, there was no point to transfer kicking responsibilities. He'd have taken it for his confidence if nothing else.

Comment

His own player caused the cut on his head, are they trying in an underhand way to get him off the pitch to save their own careers. There is no logical reason to defend ROG's performances, he lines up so many of his team mates with hospital passes VHI must hate to see him on the team sheet.

Comment

the mfans logical conclusion is mental arithmetic of his lifetime achievements.
                              I agree. I'm sure ROG (or any kicker) will do his utmost to get every kick at goal. Trying to make out that he's only interested in his own stats is doing him a disservice.

Comment

Working...
                              X