This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
    No Munster put Leinster out. Im pretty sure of that. Munsters result affected Leinster progression whether you like it or not. It was the icing on the cake to take the last place from the 2 most decorated teams in the competition
    My point was that Munster did not knock Leinster out directly as other results did that were already mentioned. You say "Munster put Leinster out" but then say "Munster result affected Leinster progression" which are two different things. If it was a scenario like ML final 2011 then you'd be able to sledge away till youre blue in the face but if I was you I'd be grateful that you got a nice group and made it through despite a stuttering overall performance. If you want to gloat then wait till you beat us in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Leinsterdan View Post
      My point was that Munster did not knock Leinster out directly as other results did that were already mentioned. You say "Munster put Leinster out" but then say "Munster result affected Leinster progression" which are two different things. If it was a scenario like ML final 2011 then you'd be able to sledge away till youre blue in the face but if I was you I'd be grateful that you got a nice group and made it through despite a stuttering overall performance. If you want to gloat then wait till you beat us in a game.
      Mate youre getting into semantics here. A clear sign of desperation.
      Going into Sunday Leinster were 8th, if Munster lost Leinster went through. You know what happened so whether you believe ' Munster put Leinster out' or 'Munster result affected leinster progression' is irrelevant. The result is the same.

Slegding till your blue in the face is a trait leinster are particularly good at. Maybe its the blue or something

Of course I'm sure if the result went the other way you would be just as quick to correct everyones seemingly incorrect perceptions
      Last edited by Downsouthdukin; 23rd-January-2013, 20:59.
      I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
        Mate youre getting into semantics here. A clear sign of desperation.
        Going into Sunday Leinster were 8th, if Munster lost Leinster went through. You know what happened so whether you believe ' Munster put Leinster out' or 'Munster result affected leinster progression' is irrelevant. The result is the same.

Slegding till your blue in the face is a trait leinster are particularly good at. Maybe its the blue or something

Of course I'm sure if the result went the other way you would be just as quick to correct everyones seemingly incorrect perceptions
        Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

I never sledge after a win as it makes me look petty and small so i certainly wouldnt in this ludicrous scenario youre putting forward. Again Munster did not knock Leinster out as we never played each other.

As for sledging being a Leinster trait, that's a sweeping statement so will ignore it. Goodnight, sweet dreams that you knocked us out.

Comment

Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

I never sledge after a win as it makes me look petty and small so i certainly wouldnt in this ludicrous scenario youre putting forward. Again Munster did not knock Leinster out as we never played each other.

As for sledging being a Leinster trait, that's a sweeping statement so will ignore it. Goodnight, sweet dreams that you knocked us out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hear_see_speak_no_evil_hg_wht.gif
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2475940
          I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

Comment

Poor Leinsterdan, you will be back in 5 or 10 years mate, chin up
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Any hope this thread could be closed?
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Not before I have the last word.

Poor Sewa, you really have taken it terribly our three Heineken Cups. It's been very tough for you. Did you go to Twickenham in May hoping that your Ulster buddies would stop it all. Three Heineken Cups in four years mate

Comment

Poor Sewa, you really have taken it terribly our three Heineken Cups. It's been very tough for you. Did you go to Twickenham in May hoping that your Ulster buddies would stop it all. Three Heineken Cups in four years mate

Holy jesus, You nailed it!! Its the smiler with the shades that does it for me. Post of the year my friends

Comment

Re: That was BETTER than winning the ML !

Ah lad....

Comment

DSD,
                      This is just self-deceiving sophistry. I think deep down you know that Leinsterdan is telling the truth. If the Munster match preceded the Montpelier match -- same progression, same results -- would you have argued that Montpelier had 'knocked Leinster out'. It is actually quite sad that you have to resort to this kind of conceptual conjurer's trick to generate a delusion of Leinster-conquering grandeur.
                      Remember the old statistical dictum of 'comparing apples with apples'.
                      Would Munster have fared as well in Leinster's pool? I think you know the answer to that one.
                      Specifically I suspect you know what would have happened if Leinster were facing a bunch of second string dilettantes from Racing and Munster an honest and 100% committed Exeter side, rather than the other way around, for the final match.
                      2006 was the last (and only) occasion where Munster knocked Leinster out of a Heineken Cup.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lvd7ad2Fm11r058cd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2475941

Post of the year.
                        To The Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Unpublishable.

Comment

Thread going nowhere. Locked.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                          X