X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
    Actually thats wher D4 is.....Leinster is mostly east of Munster.
    Just for the sake of accuracy like.

But what has that got to do with my post, which, in case you missed it, was about Leinter?

Leave a comment:

• cornerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    In 3 year's time, Leinter will still be to the North East of Munter - FACT.
    Actually thats wher D4 is.....Leinster is mostly east of Munster.
    Just for the sake of accuracy like.

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post

;) Making it all the sweeter... I dread to think where Leinter will be in 3 years.
    In 3 year's time, Leinter will still be to the North East of Munter - FACT.

Leave a comment:

• gavindillon
    replied
    Originally posted by Leargas View Post
    The current gloatfest is reminiscent of the dark days of 2006; and we all know what happened three years further down the road.
    Ah but the years in the interim were glorious. GLORIOUS.

Leave a comment:

• Talking Sense
    replied
    Ive been saying it for a long time, Dowlinz' opinions are best ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Downsouthdukin
    replied
    Originally posted by Hakaman View Post
    Do you think your the only one here who recognises that Munster do have huge challenges to overcome and have a long way to go with respect to building a new team and new style of play and that everyone else who displays a modicum of optimism at any small displays of progress is completely dilusional?

Let me out of your misery - you're not. I saw Munster achieving very little benefit form that win yesterday however you'd have to be blind not to believe that Munster's young players won't have learned a lot of tough lessons about themselves from these 6 games - how Murray has learned a very hard lesson from his disastrous decision in Paris and has clearly improved as a result, or how David Kilcoyne has learned how to scrummage, lift and charge with the ball with purpose and amazing confidence like we have NEVER seen before, or Sherry's huge improvement in LO throwing, or how we as supporters now go into matches with far more confidence that our scrum has become a far stronger and dependable platform (compare that to 2yrs ago when our scrum was a shocker!).

"We played worse this season than we did 2 seasons ago" - SO .... F***IN .... WHAT? A Different coach, a different game-style, a very different squad of players and relative experience to today - I have given you what I believe to be solid evidence of progression in those 6 games which is worth celebrating and looking forward with. Will you please at least acknowledge that?

Well said

Leave a comment:

• Hakaman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
    I'm not glum, just not getting carried away. I'm satisfied and pleased that our European season goes on, maybe a bit relieved.
    As far as I'm concerned we've had 6 games so far this season against serious opposition (Ulster, Leinster and Ospreys early in the rabo, Saracens home and away and Racing away) of which we've only won one of them. There's no reason to celebrate our season so far, I'm quite disappointed by it in fact. There is reason to celebrate that we're still in the heineken and still have an opportunity to show we're a capable.
    We've played worse this season than we did 2 seasons ago under McGahan and the place was erupting around then. Why be furious then and joyous now when the only real difference this time was having the fortune of a soft group, red cards etc.
    Do you think your the only one here who recognises that Munster do have huge challenges to overcome and have a long way to go with respect to building a new team and new style of play and that everyone else who displays a modicum of optimism at any small displays of progress is completely dilusional?

Let me out of your misery - you're not. I saw Munster achieving very little benefit form that win yesterday however you'd have to be blind not to believe that Munster's young players won't have learned a lot of tough lessons about themselves from these 6 games - how Murray has learned a very hard lesson from his disastrous decision in Paris and has clearly improved as a result, or how David Kilcoyne has learned how to scrummage, lift and charge with the ball with purpose and amazing confidence like we have NEVER seen before, or Sherry's huge improvement in LO throwing, or how we as supporters now go into matches with far more confidence that our scrum has become a far stronger and dependable platform (compare that to 2yrs ago when our scrum was a shocker!).

"We played worse this season than we did 2 seasons ago" - SO .... F***IN .... WHAT? A Different coach, a different game-style, a very different squad of players and relative experience to today - I have given you what I believe to be solid evidence of progression in those 6 games which is worth celebrating and looking forward with. Will you please at least acknowledge that?

Leave a comment:

• joeriddick
    replied
    The dark days of 2006
    I remember 2006 being ****ing outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMcGahan
    replied
    Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
    i think you need to watch it again OD.The guy swung his knee into O'Donnells head. Total cheap shot that clearly hurt TOD. Reminds me more of Heaslips against McCaws actually which was also a correct decision by the same ref.
    It was a cheap shot. Didn't do much damage but intent was the crime. Leave that stuff out.
    Credit to Barnes for reading what he was up to and showing him the door immediately.

Leave a comment:

• Downsouthdukin
    replied

'Knocking out' is when you defeat a team at QF or SF level or in an qualification-determinative pool match. Munster (like Montpelier the day before) indirectly contributed to Leinster's exit.
    This 'knocking out' stuff allows the red brigade the illusion of a rugby triumph over Leinster which would have been unlikely to materialise had they directly met at any stage of the Heineken Cup.
    How many of you seriously believe that Munster would have qualified from Leinster's pool? Be honest.
    The current gloatfest is reminiscent of the dark days of 2006; and we all know what happened three years further down the road.
    ;) Making it all the sweeter... I dread to think where Leinter will be in 3 years.

And leargas the supposed dark days of 2006 were experienced by no more then 5000 of you.

Get ready for your cycle back to obscurity........
    Last edited by Downsouthdukin; 21-January-2013, 22:43.

Leave a comment:

• Leargas
    replied
    Originally posted by tomh903 View Post
    Loved every minute of my first heineken match at thomond and even better we knocked out our greatest rivals plus seeing he "new" Munster really taking place some amazing players coming through.

'Knocking out' is when you defeat a team at QF or SF level or in an qualification-determinative pool match. Munster (like Montpelier the day before) indirectly contributed to Leinster's exit.
    This 'knocking out' stuff allows the red brigade the illusion of a rugby triumph over Leinster which would have been unlikely to materialise had they directly met at any stage of the Heineken Cup.
    How many of you seriously believe that Munster would have qualified from Leinster's pool? Be honest.

Leave a comment:

• Downsouthdukin
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    I don't think that it was a red card offence. Reminded me of Varley's incident V the Ospreys, which I also though was undeserving of a red.
    i think you need to watch it again OD.The guy swung his knee into O'Donnells head. Total cheap shot that clearly hurt TOD. Reminds me more of Heaslips against McCaws actually which was also a correct decision by the same ref.

Leave a comment:

• sewa
    replied
    Progress Dowlinz, thats all most of us wanted in the first season. A five try victory without some of our biggest names surely represents that at least, we could all work hard to be miserable but even if we tried I doubt we'd match you at that game

Leave a comment:

• Dowlinz
    replied
    Originally posted by SecondRowGal View Post
    Can I ask you a genuine question Dowlinz? Are you ever happy with a result? I'm all for tempered opinions but Janey mac, throw a bucket of icy water on our joy at winning and our enthusiasm for the future why don't ya?

Wouldn't like to be with you at a winning HEC final. You'd probably be telling us to hold our horses, we hadn't won two in a row, or someone knocked on or next year will be awful, etc., etc. Seems that way to me anyway. Live in the moment!! This one's a good 'un and we haven't had one of them for a while :D
    I'll eagerly await your acknowledgment of no "the sky is falling" reactions from my quarter when the next mfans certified "catastrophe" occurs.

Leave a comment:

• Dowlinz
    replied
    Originally posted by 99_oK? View Post
    Why the glumness?

I presume you didn't manage to get there. If you did, you must have been the only sad person there; everyone I met was happy. Don't know Jack from Adam, but I could post the same as his first para about the E. terrace.
    I'm not glum, just not getting carried away. I'm satisfied and pleased that our European season goes on, maybe a bit relieved.
    As far as I'm concerned we've had 6 games so far this season against serious opposition (Ulster, Leinster and Ospreys early in the rabo, Saracens home and away and Racing away) of which we've only won one of them. There's no reason to celebrate our season so far, I'm quite disappointed by it in fact. There is reason to celebrate that we're still in the heineken and still have an opportunity to show we're a capable.
    We've played worse this season than we did 2 seasons ago under McGahan and the place was erupting around then. Why be furious then and joyous now when the only real difference this time was having the fortune of a soft group, red cards etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X