X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leinsterdan
    replied
    Originally posted by tomh903 View Post
    Were Leinster in a qualifiying position before we scored the fourth try? Yes.
    Were they out of the competition when we scored the fourth try? Yes.
    Therefore we knocked them out.
    I think you are being disingenuous here and really know what Leargas is saying, that you actually knock a team out by beating them. Munster contributed to our exit so indirectly contributed to our exit but this was really a group effort and so credit to Toulon for not being bothered against Montpelier having already qualified and also special praise to Racing Metro for not fielding their first team as they had nothing to play for. However if it makes you feel better about Munster then keep on believing that you knocked Leinster out but I would say you are in a minority of Munster fans who deep down really believe this.

Leave a comment:

• tomh903
    replied
    Originally posted by Leargas View Post

'Knocking out' is when you defeat a team at QF or SF level or in an qualification-determinative pool match. Munster (like Montpelier the day before) indirectly contributed to Leinster's exit.
    This 'knocking out' stuff allows the red brigade the illusion of a rugby triumph over Leinster which would have been unlikely to materialise had they directly met at any stage of the Heineken Cup.
    How many of you seriously believe that Munster would have qualified from Leinster's pool? Be honest.
    The current gloatfest is reminiscent of the dark days of 2006; and we all know what happened three years further down the road.
    Were Leinster in a qualifiying position before we scored the fourth try? Yes.
    Were they out of the competition when we scored the fourth try? Yes.
    Therefore we knocked them out.

Leave a comment:

• bigron
    replied
    Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
    I was actually making reference to the fact that your bit of research proved to the original poster that you qouted that the sky wasn't falling in.

Sorry man, sometimes its hard to be sure. Should learn not to reply while tired.

Leave a comment:

• Dearg Doom
    replied
    Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
    I would rather Munster did it
    Hopefully we will get through the qtr final but if we do and meet Clermont it won't be at their home ground.. but hopefully somewhere more scenic... Let's get through the 6N with no injuries, improve our execution of the game plan and hopefully add POC and CJ to the squad and maybe some of the A team will step up over the next few weeks also for consideration and who knows where the season will take us...

Leave a comment:

• Old Dog
    replied
    Originally posted by 99_oK? View Post

Thank you again for pointing out the obvious.....

In case you haven't understood/figured...., it's a necessity here for some folks.....
    I can only echo your opening observation.

Leave a comment:

• joeriddick
    replied
    Originally posted by bigron View Post
    Ok so i didn't read the whole thread. Climb back under the bridge.
    I was actually making reference to the fact that your bit of research proved to the original poster that you qouted that the sky wasn't falling in.

Leave a comment:

• bigron
    replied
    Originally posted by joeriddick View Post
    What's that, the sky isn't falling in?

Let's just console ourselves with ROG's lovely jawline instead - that's something Keatley will NEVER match.
    Ok so i didn't read the whole thread. Climb back under the bridge.

Leave a comment:

• 99_oK?
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    Simple fact is that Munster had two massive strokes of luck yesterday, firstly ROG's suspension and secondly ......
    Thank you again for pointing out the obvious.....

In case you haven't understood/figured...., it's a necessity here for some folks.....

Leave a comment:

• joeriddick
    replied
    Originally posted by bigron View Post
    just had a quick glace at the archives and found examples of pools that were easier than the one we had this year.

http://www.espnscrum.com/europeancup...te=pointstable

20 points was rarely achieved by a second place team in the past five years, unless their pool contained one of the Italian teams or the Dragons. So all things considered, this achievement, by a team that was clearly struggling warrants far more credit than it is being given.
    What's that, the sky isn't falling in?

Let's just console ourselves with ROG's lovely jawline instead - that's something Keatley will NEVER match.

Leave a comment:

• bigron
    replied
    Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
    No we're not "back in the big time", we've everything to prove yet this season and there's little reason to celebrate our good fortune so far. I don't consider us such a small time team that we should be dancing in the streets for getting a handy pool, playing a 14 man side and even then only getting the lowest qualification position. I don't believe we'd have qualified from any other pool in the last 10 years of heinekens playing like we did this year, that's why I'm so guarded about this.
    just had a quick glace at the archives and found examples of pools that were easier than the one we had this year.

http://www.espnscrum.com/europeancup...te=pointstable

20 points was rarely achieved by a second place team in the past five years, unless their pool contained one of the Italian teams or the Dragons. So all things considered, this achievement, by a team that was clearly struggling warrants far more credit than it is being given.

Leave a comment:

• dropkick
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
    Load of bollox about Leinster getting knocked out. I wopuld like to see 3 Irish Teams in the last 8 regardless. Seems to me that Toulon were not breaking their bolloxes to beat Montpelier. Realistically if Munster could get past the Quinns (we owe them one) they wont get past Cleremont over there. Some people here need to get rid of the Red Mist as it is definitely very wide of the mark on our prospects in the next stages.
    Clermont are not invincible. An understrength Leinster team were a few lineout throws from beating them in Clermont.

Leave a comment:

• Downsouthdukin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dearg Doom View Post
    Maybe Montpelier will do us a favour and surprise Clermont in the quarter final...some one has got to take their home record from them!

I would rather Munster did it

Leave a comment:

• cornerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
    Load of bollox about Leinster getting knocked out. I wopuld like to see 3 Irish Teams in the last 8 regardless. Seems to me that Toulon were not breaking their bolloxes to beat Montpelier. Realistically if Munster could get past the Quinns (we owe them one) they wont get past Cleremont over there. Some people here need to get rid of the Red Mist as it is definitely very wide of the mark on our prospects in the next stages.
    I honestly dont think to many on here are getting carried away with our prospects. People are merely celebrating a great achievement by a relatively new team in gaining a QF place and most of the bullishness is by way of responding to space invaders from other jurastictions. i dont think many munster supporters believe we are going to win it out this year but its a great step forward which should be saluted.

Leave a comment:

• Dearg Doom
    replied
    Maybe Montpelier will do us a favour and surprise Clermont in the quarter final...some one has got to take their home record from them!

Leave a comment:

• Ragusa
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X