This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upandout View Post
    Already discussing next season as Leinster are just dirt tracking in the Amlin now is it? Must smart a little that 'Leinstertainment' essentially went out at the pool stage due to lack of try scoring ability.
    OD predicted that Leinster would struggle this season.

By the way OD that match I spoke to you about in Limerick will be on this Saturday at a town near you.

Comment

what a bunch of cranky holes!

For the record, if we win dont win the HC, i couldnt care less who does!!!

Feck ya all, begrudgers!

GWAN MUNSTER!!!!

Comment

Congrats to Connacht and Leinster for making it through to the last eight. Oh sorry wait, wrong thread, wrong year, wrong board, wrong. Are there teams better than us in the HEC? Yes. Does it matter a ****e? No.

Will Harlequins treat us lightly? Will Clermont have a minor panic at the fact they see no discernable competition left? Will Angela Merkel get outvoted in a German election?

I'm going to go ahead and stop this talking sense. Our boys, our home, our bonus, our quarter final.

Twickenstoop.

Bring it.
        Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
          Must say I'm really enjoying the raging Leinsterfans who can't handle the "unfairness" of it all. It's a joy to behold.
          Ah yeah, some folks are going to get emotionally attached to the entire thing but poite's ****e reffing aside, leinster weren't good enough this season. Injuries, squad shuffles and players being taken out for ireland duty mean we didn't settle into a proper pattern of play until January and by that stage things were too far gone. Would like to stuff the ospreys in the rabo this season and we'll be there or there abouts next years again.
          The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by upandout View Post

Must smart a little that 'Leinstertainment' essentially went out at the pool stage due to lack of try scoring ability.
            Indeed it does and it's always a bit disappointing to see inferior teams getting through. But things generally sort themselves out in the knock-out stages.

Thanks Taz - I'll bring the sour grapes if you bring the cider champagne!
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Some people seem to take more enjoyment out of Leinster not getting through than Munster getting through.
              I just don't get all this gloating, more suited to wendyball than rugby in my opinion.
              On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                Indeed it does and it's always a bit disappointing to see inferior teams getting through.
                Well, seven inferior teams get through every year, such a shame for Leinster it couldn't be eight but them's the breaks.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

I got more pleasure from the ML win.

Comment

The bitterness coming from the Pale is palpable, arrogant and patronising. How is it Munster’s fault that Leinster are reduced to second tier European rugby when we haven’t even met in the competition this season. We can only beat what's in front of us and we did very well yesterday. Funnily there's no mention of James' sending off against Leinster a couple of seasons ago. Maybe Leinster would be better off having a look at their own inadequacies before criticising ours? a major lack of tries early in the competition when they clearly needed a Hines/Thorn/Elsom type player to sort out their pack and didn’t bring one in. They also don’t have the strength in depth we were hearing about for so long, this is self evident this season and should have been flagged with your performances in the B&I cup these past few seasons. The core of Leisnter’s team is aging, just like Munster’s did and i would like to see how they might cope with losing 14 of their top players to injury/retirement in 4 seasons. We had 2 starters from the 08 final yesterday and still managed to make the quarters. Form in sport is cyclical and Leinster might not reach the dizzy heights they have become accustomed to for a while. We. As we have always done,will continue to go about our business in a heads down professional manner and will look forward to our QF against a beatable Harlequins as we rebuild towards a bright future. It’s not our fault Leinster are out, it’s Leinster’s. Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by dubaicookie View Post
                      when they clearly needed a Hines/Thorn/Elsom type player to sort out their pack
                      Or Killer, DOC, POM, TOD. Yes indeed.
                      Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

It is what it is. The best 8 teams never make it through knock out rugby competitions. Some groups are easy, some are hard. Its the nature of the draw and the glory of the HEC. You play what's in front of you, good or bad. You still gotta deliver. 4 wins from 6 and 2 losing bonus points was good enough for us this year, other years that may not have got us there. But we're in the 1/4's now and that's all that matters. Its good enough for me to have HEC rugby in April to look forward to.
                        Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                        Aint nothin I would rather do,
                        Goin down, party time,
                        My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

The natural order has been restored.

Comment

Aww, c'mon they're grand. Munster supporters have been treated with contempt by their sophisticated Leinster counterparts for the past 4 seasons and they're fully entitled to their moment in the sun.

Furthermore, if this thread hadn't been opened then I wouldn't have been inspired to remind people that, come next season, there'll still be three stars on Leinster jerseys but only two on Munster's!

(Yes, it's good to be back!)

Stars on our jersey!!! I shudder at the thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
                              are you lot for real!!!!!!
                              First time in a long time TP was rocking like that! Back in the big time and we will only improve from here as the ground hardens.
                              Would ye prefer we went out cos we "didnt deserve" it on matches already played!!!

Christ!!
                              Somebody buy those lads Ulster Jerseys lads!! Hand back your Munster ones!
                              No we're not "back in the big time", we've everything to prove yet this season and there's little reason to celebrate our good fortune so far. I don't consider us such a small time team that we should be dancing in the streets for getting a handy pool, playing a 14 man side and even then only getting the lowest qualification position. I don't believe we'd have qualified from any other pool in the last 10 years of heinekens playing like we did this year, that's why I'm so guarded about this.

Comment

Aww, c'mon they're grand. Munster supporters have been treated with contempt by their sophisticated Leinster counterparts for the past 4 seasons and they're fully entitled to their moment in the sun.

Furthermore, if this thread hadn't been opened then I wouldn't have been inspired to remind people that, come next season, there'll still be three stars on Leinster jerseys but only two on Munster's!

(Yes, it's good to be back!)
                                Thank you kind Sir.

I have to fully endorse Jack's post about the atmosphere. It was buzzing with anticipation beforehand and well before the end it was rocking. I don't know if it was full (there seemed to be a few empty seats in the opposite W. stand), but atmosphere was equal to/surpassed many of the other epic games. By far the best atmosphere I've seen in quite a while.

The job to be done was well known and discussed ad nauseum beforehand, but the guys went about it and it was a day when many of our younger generation at last stepped up and did what was required. We are still in the competition and even if we don't progress further, it's a good sign that the lads actually went beyond the 'potential' stage. Much of our team was/is home nurtured and while we had a few old heads, if felt that the young guys grew up out on that pitch yesterday. i believe that it will stand to us in future and wouldn't fear going to the Stoop (not saying we'll win, but Quins won't like to see a team with that attitude turning up...). You can coach all you like, but we looked like winners yesterday; something that's been missing for a lot of this season's campaign (maybe early game, but not recent ones). Great to see that buzz back in the place and the team.

As for comments on the opposition - suggest you look at the game, or better still go to a game in TP. The Racing team showed a lot more commitment (not all quite legal...) that I seem to remember from the English/SA team that visited not too long ago. That we had to keep them out at the death tells it's own story.

And I still can't get that silly grin off my mug.....!

Comment

Working...
                                X