This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was BETTER than winning the ML !

I got more pleasure from that result yesterday than even winning the ML 2 years ago!
    Was in the West Stand and it was (baltic) manic !
    And I make no apologies in saying that taking Leinster out of it at our expense doubled the pleasure

Hope you enjoyed watching it Jamie!!!

ps.....for all the people saying Killer/Zebo were the men of the match, for me TOD was the stand out performer
    he was EPIC!

I watched it in Cissie Young's in Cork one of the dedicated MRSC pubs. Couldn't get to the match itself unfortunately. Have to say the crowd was small but by 2pm the place was practicaly dancing on the tables. What a day.
    Céard a ceapfá, Jerry?

Paul O'Connell can get toothpaste out of an onion. Fact.

Comment

Bit of mixed emotions for me. Obviously happy that Munster went through, but realistically Leinster have a better chance of winning the tournament than Munster. Being an Irish Rugby supporter, I wouldn't have been too upset if it was the other way around.
      If Munster go out in the next round, hopefully Ulster can do the business.
      On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Probably a season too early for Ulster. I fancy Clermont back to back.
        We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
        Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Originally posted by Woggas View Post
          Bit of mixed emotions for me. Obviously happy that Munster went through, but realistically Leinster have a better chance of winning the tournament than Munster. Being an Irish Rugby supporter, I wouldn't have been too upset if it was the other way around.
          Nice to see a bit of class,I've spent a decent amount of time complaining about a lack of it so credit where it's due.I don't think we'd have had much chance of winning it had we been the 8 seed instead of Munster,that really is a horrible draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Woggas View Post
            Would have to agree, if I'm honest I don't think what we've done this season has had us deserving of being in the last 8. It feels a bit embarrassing that we've malfunctioned so often and yet still made the knockouts, it always felt difficult and hard fought to achieve in the past and it doesn't this time. We only really played 3 serious games in this pool and got poor results for each of them. I loved nothing more than gloating over Leinster at knocking them out in 2006 and denying them the double in 2011 but this "victory" feels a lot more hollow and undeserved.

Comment

are you lot for real!!!!!!
              First time in a long time TP was rocking like that! Back in the big time and we will only improve from here as the ground hardens.
              Would ye prefer we went out cos we "didnt deserve" it on matches already played!!!

Christ!!
              Somebody buy those lads Ulster Jerseys lads!! Hand back your Munster ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
                are you lot for real!!!!!!
                First time in a long time TP was rocking like that! Back in the big time and we will only improve from here as the ground hardens.
                Would ye prefer we went out cos we "didnt deserve" it on matches already played!!!

Christ!!
                Somebody buy those lads Ulster Jerseys lads!! Hand back your Munster ones!
                So if Ulster win the HC, will you be all depressed and upset?
                On the internet, you can be anything you want. It always amazes me why so many people choose to be stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
                  I got more pleasure from that result yesterday than even winning the ML 2 years ago!
                  Was in the West Stand and it was (baltic) manic !
                  And I make no apologies in saying that taking Leinster out of it at our expense doubled the pleasure

Hope you enjoyed watching it Jamie!!!

ps.....for all the people saying Killer/Zebo were the men of the match, for me TOD was the stand out performer
                  he was EPIC!
                  I think all of Munster are delighted

Click image for larger version

Name:	RogHappy.bmp
Views:	1
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	2475921
                  Latine mottos non sunt omnes qui
                  Do not try to bend the spoon — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon.

Comment

who starts these awful f***ing threads.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                      Would have to agree, if I'm honest I don't think what we've done this season has had us deserving of being in the last 8. It feels a bit embarrassing that we've malfunctioned so often and yet still made the knockouts, it always felt difficult and hard fought to achieve in the past and it doesn't this time. We only really played 3 serious games in this pool and got poor results for each of them. I loved nothing more than gloating over Leinster at knocking them out in 2006 and denying them the double in 2011 but this "victory" feels a lot more hollow and undeserved.
                      I hope your guys keep their feet on the ground and don't read some of the hype on here!!!

Beating a 14 man Racing B team is a hell of a step down from Quins away...

That said you have some guys really making their mark who are likely to be running out for Munster for a long time to come.

In that respect I see Ulster & Munster having a lot more in common than with Leinster in that we have some cracking home grown guys who were given a chance and are taking it with both hands.

Bodes well for the future...

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
                        who starts these awful f***ing threads.
                        Aww, c'mon they're grand. Munster supporters have been treated with contempt by their sophisticated Leinster counterparts for the past 4 seasons and they're fully entitled to their moment in the sun.

Furthermore, if this thread hadn't been opened then I wouldn't have been inspired to remind people that, come next season, there'll still be three stars on Leinster jerseys but only two on Munster's!

(Yes, it's good to be back!)
                        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by bangorboy View Post
                          I hope your guys keep their feet on the ground and don't read some of the hype on here!!!

Beating a 14 man Racing B team is a hell of a step down from Quins away...

That said you have some guys really making their mark who are likely to be running out for Munster for a long time to come.

In that respect I see Ulster & Munster having a lot more in common than with Leinster in that we have some cracking home grown guys who were given a chance and are taking it with both hands.

Bodes well for the future...
                          Nail on head.
                          If there is any over-excitement to be gleaned from this game, it's simply that we achieved
                          what we set out to do, knowing what was required. That shows good management of the game.
                          But getting on a high horse about this, in relation to Leinster's demise, is a bit irish, so stow it.
                          Last edited by mtcmolloy; 21st-January-2013, 13:24.

Comment

Must say I'm really enjoying the raging Leinsterfans who can't handle the "unfairness" of it all. It's a joy to behold.
                            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                              Aww, c'mon they're grand. Munster supporters have been treated with contempt by their sophisticated Leinster counterparts for the past 4 seasons and they're fully entitled to their moment in the sun.

Furthermore, if this thread hadn't been opened then I wouldn't have been inspired to remind people that, come next season, there'll still be three stars on Leinster jerseys but only two on Munster's!

(Yes, it's good to be back!)
                              Already discussing next season as Leinster are just dirt tracking in the Amlin now is it? Must smart a little that 'Leinstertainment' essentially went out at the pool stage due to lack of try scoring ability.

Comment

Working...
                              X