Rugby tactic question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rugby tactic question

Has/could this scenario be used as a tactic... having your winger throw into the lineout like the old days and put a second tighthead into the middle of the scrum or does your hooker have to take the lineout these days?

Like say you had 1.healy 2. Afoa 3. A. Jones ...and Colin Kapernick on the wing. Basically is tighthead scrummaging simialiar to that of a hookers? I'm assuming it is on the basis that youre between two heads. Slight differences in the physics I would image but similiar no?
    I don\'t really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.They really are a reference in the game,to beat them you really have to play a perfect match

zebo couldnt be any worse than varley

Comment

Re: Rugby tactic question

A flanker used to throw the lineout for one of the French sides a few years back.
      "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

It used to be the Scrum Halfs job to throw into the line out in the black-and-white days! I suppose the downside to your suggestion is that you have an extra fatty in open play. Hookers are generally a good bit fitter than props.

Comment

The winger did it up until the late sixties/early seventies. I remember the French Scrum-half doing it in the late eighties when they used to play three props.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ghost View Post
            It used to be the Scrum Halfs job to throw into the line out in the black-and-white days! I suppose the downside to your suggestion is that you have an extra fatty in open play. Hookers are generally a good bit more mobile than props.
            FYP
            A lion online, a lamb at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post
              Has/could this scenario be used as a tactic... having your winger throw into the lineout like the old days and put a second tighthead into the middle of the scrum or does your hooker have to take the lineout these days?

Like say you had 1.healy 2. Afoa 3. A. Jones ...and Colin Kapernick on the wing. Basically is tighthead scrummaging simialiar to that of a hookers? I'm assuming it is on the basis that youre between two heads. Slight differences in the physics I would image but similiar no?
              I dont think scrummaging at Hooker is anything like it is at THP.

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
                A flanker used to throw the lineout for one of the French sides a few years back.
                jean francois tordot

Comment

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/r...g-1470847.html

Comment

Leamey threw into a few lineouts when Varley was in the bin a couple of years ago and the accuracy was significantly improved.

Comment

Any Player on a team can throw in at a lineout. I Can't see the sense in using a back for throwing in, an attacking lineout creates huge space for the backs you don't want a winger neutralized by having to throw the ball in and you don't want one of your forwards stuck out on the wing if you plan to maul it.

Comment

Originally posted by Downsouthdukin View Post

I think you should see the genius of rob Penney here. He he used a winger to throw in the ball all season. He has converted Mike Sherry into a winger and told no one. That's why he is on the wing all day in matches.
                        My hair is more important than timekeeping!

Comment

Working...
                        X