Stringer sails away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stringer sails away

just seen in irish times this morning that strings had been linked with another loan this time to bath.

pity

Can they not send Williams ?

Comment

my very thoughts

Comment

Good point, if they think Williams is the next in line then get him game time or is it that no one wants him. I did say on here when talking about NIQ seasoned pros that if you were an English club looking for a guy at SH to do that role Stringer would be one of the first names. Seems that is indeed the case.
        \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

The way he is being treated when playing better than anyone bar Murray is shameful.

It weakens our team; it weakens our recruiting - if they do that to their own, playing better, why would you go there?; and it makes a mockery of the idea we like to have of loyalty as a core value.

Pride and Honesty* *Terms and Conditions Apply. Great ring to that, huh?

That he has not yet told us to go fup ourselves with this ****e is a big a testament to him as his treatment has been shoddy.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

I'm sure he would have moved on permanently by now had it not been for the tax rebate. This is a good thing for him, he can play a standard of rugby more fitting for him.

Comment

Strange time to go on loan IMO with Murray off to the Irish camp.Still I suppose Sheridan will get some exposure to rabo games over the next while,which can only be a good thing.

Comment

Williams should be sent away and told never come back he is shocking back his pass his kicking all his game just isn't good enough best thing about him is his scrumcap

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                  Good point, if they think Williams is the next in line then get him game time or is it that no one wants him. I did say on here when talking about NIQ seasoned pros that if you were an English club looking for a guy at SH to do that role Stringer would be one of the first names. Seems that is indeed the case.
                  As for game time... Stringer has started two (the most recent one being the game against Connacht where he was top-class), come on in seven. Williams has started seven, come on in two. Williams has hardly been kicking his heels on the sideline.
                  Last edited by Thomond78; 18th-January-2013, 09:49.

Comment

As long as he won't play against us were we to qualify for the Amlin then good for him. I think he should be starting (EDIT benching obviously) on sunday but he is obviously regarded as being surplus to requirements so why not head off and get some game time. And as Taz correctly said it would give Sheridan a bit of time off the bench in the rabo, especially as this side to side tactic would test the stamina of Mo Farah or even the mother in law!?!
                    Last edited by the plastic paddy; 18th-January-2013, 12:26.

Comment

Originally posted by bugler View Post
                      I'm sure he would have moved on permanently by now had it not been for the tax rebate. This is a good thing for him, he can play a standard of rugby more fitting for him.
                      While I can entirely see that, Bugler, the people paid to make these decisions are paid to make them for Munster's benefit.

Weakening us while treating a genuine legend so shabbily is not to our benefit.

Comment

Is Strings on a heavier wage than Williams? If he was at Baff would it lessen the payroll somewhat?

Part of me thinks that's why Drico was shorn of the Irish captaincy also, should he be considering a contract renewal/extension it would be a lot easier for the IRFU to haggle with a team player than a captain over the wages
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                          As for game time... Stringer has started two (the most recent one being the game against Connacht where he was top-class), come on in seven. Williams has started seven, come on in two. Williams has hardly been kicking his heels on the sideline.
                          very true and I did think that at the time, just personally I'd say while Murray is around having Stringer around as back up would serve us better than having Williams playing the back up role for a year, in and out of side. Also if he is our long term then some outside experience wouldn't hurt.
                          \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Loan club pays the wages. I think.
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                              very true and I did think that at the time, just personally I'd say while Murray is around having Stringer around as back up would serve us better than having Williams playing the back up role for a year, in and out of side. Also if he is our long term then some outside experience wouldn't hurt.
                              I can't see any rugby logic to it at all.

We are sixth in the Pro12, mostly due to taking one, Stringer-driven, point out of ten against Welsh sides we should have beaten. A home Rabo semi is worth a lot of money to a cash-strapped organisation - certainly more than three months' wages for one player. We just cannot finish outside the top 4. We have to win all these upcoming games during the 6N, ideally win big. This is not about development; we frittered away that luxury with sloppy losses. This is about winning, right here and now.

Murray is our first choice. He'll be away.

So, we have two experienced 9s available for a key decision-making slot for vital games.

Williams is playing like a drain; that's the long and short of it. He was diabolical in those losses at home against Scarlets and Cardiff, and by this stage, it is undeniable that he is playing badly. We can't have a scrum-half playing badly in must-win games. He's staying.

Stringer is our only other experienced 9 for this crucial run of games. He is playing well, arguably very well. He rescued a four point win instead of an LBP in Connacht. Yet he is being sent on loan.

Can anyone explain the logic of that to me?

Comment

Working...
                              X