The Gwan Ian Keatley thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    I agree completely, but that's why I think posting things re a "ROG like mentality" does him a disservice. Let him be the player he can be. We don't spend our time comparing our open sides with Wallace.

Keatley is, imo, the second best 10 to wear a Munster shirt in this era. But we don't comment on him being better than Warwick, Burke, Hickey, Manning. We compare him with the thousand point test player.

A better question, imo, is whether Keatley is becoming a fly half who'd get a game for other top 8 sides, and he clearly is.
    Think you nailed it there. We've had numerous players who haven't been top level internationals, but who have been instrumental in Munster's success. And I would add that I think Penny erred in not giving Keatley a deserved promotion last season when ROG was faltering.

Himself and Murray have formed a really excellent partnership too. As a half back partnership, they might even be better than any we have had given class Murray is now consistently showing.

On the basis of today, and hopefully the remainder of our season, he deserves to play a big part in Argentina.
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
      Himself and JJ will have some battle over next few seasons.
      Let's hope they can both sort out this bloody infection during the summer and come back 100% fit next year.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
        Think you nailed it there. We've had numerous players who haven't been top level internationals, but who have been instrumental in Munster's success. And I would add that I think Penny erred in not giving Keatley a deserved promotion last season when ROG was faltering.

Himself and Murray have formed a really excellent partnership too. As a half back partnership, they might even be better than any we have had given class Murray is now consistently showing.

On the basis of today, and hopefully the remainder of our season, he deserves to play a big part in Argentina.
        [Off topic, but this. Oh this so much. The fact that Murray could play with such authority yesterday and not be mentioned in most people's list of Munster Men of the Match shows just how much we take him for granted. The fact is, we have one of the -- if not the -- best scrum-half in world playing for us at the moment.

And the fact that one of the few other candidates for this honour is plying his trade just a few hours up the road shows that not every world class players wants to decamp to the south of France.]

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post

The ROG/Strings partnership is untouchable for me. Murray brings a far broader skill set, but that pairing was perfectly engineered for our game at the time.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Did brilliantly yesterday in what was a harsh environment for a kicker.
            Stand up and fight

Comment

Has stepped out of the shadow this season even though he has been carrying a leg injury for much of the year.. Unfairly criticized here and elsewhere on many an occasion. With JJ at twelve next year we have a very potent 9-10-12 axis now if only we could get our hands on young Henshaw.
              Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Working...
              X