Hotels in Limerick for Racing game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotels in Limerick for Racing game

Travelling from Cork Saturday to support the lads on Sunday. Looking for suggestions on where to grab a last minute hotel room and where the best craic/atmosphere will be Saturday night?

40 euro for double room railway hotel,2 mins from city centre,not the greatest part of the city but you cant beat that.
    clowns

Comment

Castletroy Travelodge €49,South court €69 ,both on expedia.

Jurys and Castletroy Park ,both €79 on hotels.com

Comment

Castletroy park were offering a deal for MRSC members .. I think
        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, still mucking through it.

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
            Castletroy park were offering a deal for MRSC members .. I think
            They were, plus other hotels give discounts for members.

It is, in fact, worth the membership on its own if you have to do a reasonable amount of travelling for business. Some very handy ones in Dublin.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
              40 euro for double room railway hotel,2 mins from city centre,not the greatest part of the city but you cant beat that.
              I always stay in that area, either in the Railway or Pery's Great Western - never seen anything wrong with the area (and I'm female and not a big bruiser) and apart from the central pubs etc there's great chippers and kebab shops on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by acskerries View Post
                I always stay in that area, either in the Railway or Pery's Great Western - never seen anything wrong with the area (and I'm female and not a big bruiser) and apart from the central pubs etc there's great chippers and kebab shops on the spot.
                I agree, i know the area well its just parnell street isnt the best in the early hours.
                Cant beat Luigis.
                clowns

Comment

Dunraven Arms, Adare. Finest hotel and grub in Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurler View Post
                    Dunraven Arms, Adare. Finest hotel and grub in Munster.
                    Great Beamish, too, I may add.
                    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                      Great Beamish, too, I may add.
                      You'd find better up the road in Collins' or Bill Chawkes!

Comment

There's good cheap B&Bs on O'Connell Ave but to be honest rates are very cheap now almost everywhere. Woodfield house is well located and has good rates last time I checked, http://www.woodfieldhousehotel.com/

Castletroy is good for the Park and Ride option, Kilmurry Lodge or Castletroy Travellodge. Watch out for smart alecs sending you off where you shouldn't go, I remember one Leinster fan asking me where did Imperial Arms was as it was supposedly a great place to watch a match (DO NOT GO THERE).

Luigi's isn't the best chipper on Parnell St. anymore, Rios is cheaper and has better portions.
                        Last edited by Brenny; 17th-January-2013, 14:30.

Comment

Staying in Punchs myself , €42 bed and breakfast for the 2 of us

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGETHEBEST View Post
                            Staying in Punchs myself , €42 bed and breakfast for the 2 of us
                            We usually stay there. "Someone" forgot to book it in advance so staying somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                              We usually stay there. "Someone" forgot to book it in advance so staying somewhere else.
                              Oh! oh! T78 in big trouble I'd say.
                              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Working...
                              X