2nd choice SH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd choice SH

Stringer or Williams, management don't seem to favour stringer, performing doesn't seem to suit Williams, with Murray often going to be away with national side, rested due to player welfare program or even injured we are not doing well in this position, with the upcoming 6nations we will have 5 or 6 rabo games without Murray and it doesn't bode well.

Is there an academy prospect? What are the options for next season?

I'd pick Williams over stringer, Williams was good when he first came on tonight, but joined the rest of the team is being poor as the game went on. As much a servant stringer has been over the years, he's doesn't offer enough anymore
    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

It's hardly a convincing choice, his passing is poor compared to stringer, he made the mistake that led to the try where Nigel was wrongly blamed, made no covering tackle for their first try tonight and doesn't keep any defence guessing, stringer has had his day, his professionalism and dedication however means he can still do a job if needed but there is no sign of a player developing to be the natural replacement 9

Comment

I think williams was wrecked after following the play,ruck on this wing leg it to the other wing Repeat.
        clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          I'd pick Williams over stringer, Williams was good when he first came on tonight, but joined the rest of the team is being poor as the game went on. As much a servant stringer has been over the years, he's doesn't offer enough anymore
          Strings couldn't have been picked tonight - nor even on the bench. I suspect he wasn't even at the game.

Uncle Pat's grand plan was for ROG to break Stringer's record and then get Man of the Match after a handy bonus point win for Munster. Sadly, he forgot to tell Cardiff about the plan.
          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

So on top of a poor pass he's not fit enough for 60 mins rugby?

Comment

Williams is not up to this level in my opinion. He has had enough chances. When his contract ends I imagine that will be it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurler View Post
                Williams is not up to this level in my opinion. He has had enough chances. When his contract ends I imagine that will be it for him.
                Just like Reddan?
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                  So on top of a poor pass he's not fit enough for 60 mins rugby?
                  I rekon he made more passes than any scrum half in 1 match for munster in years.
                  Remember he had to run 50metres across the field and 30 metres back after every ruck.
                  clowns

Comment

It's hardly a convincing choice, his passing is poor compared to stringer, he made the mistake that led to the try where Nigel was wrongly blamed, made no covering tackle for their first try tonight and doesn't keep any defence guessing, stringer has had his day, his professionalism and dedication however means he can still do a job if needed but there is no sign of a player developing to be the natural replacement 9
                    Cathal Sheridan was playing, unsuccessfully, with UL Bohs, last evening - when exactly is he going to get a run to see in the real world what he has? He has a contract yet management seem nervous to use him.
                    Will have to sacrifice an NIQ spot in Summer (WDP or Dougie) to bring in a decent 9. And another spot to bring in a competent 12, if we are to persist in ignoring Barnes (who did really well in Magners semi and final in 2011) and/or Dinneen and/or JJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                      Just like Reddan?
                      Reddan came in at a time when we were crapping 9s down here - in the space of 6 or 7 years we had O'Meara, Tierney, Stringer, O'Leary, Frank Murphy - all bar Murphy capped and provided 9s to leinster (Reddan and O'Meara) and Connacht (Murphy).
                      Bad timing, together with DKs hankering for TOL. Bad timing for Reddan.

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                        I rekon he made more passes than any scrum half in 1 match for munster in years.
                        Remember he had to run 50metres across the field and 30 metres back after every ruck.

And?

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                          Reddan came in at a time when we were crapping 9s down here - in the space of 6 or 7 years we had O'Meara, Tierney, Stringer, O'Leary, Frank Murphy - all bar Murphy capped and provided 9s to leinster (Reddan and O'Meara) and Connacht (Murphy).
                          Bad timing, together with DKs hankering for TOL. Bad timing for Reddan.
                          Reddan left Munster when Gaffney was in charge.

Comment

And?
                            #
                            And what.
                            clowns

Comment

And what's wrong with having to run across the pitch? He's not getting involved in energy sapping breakdowns, jogging and not sprinting, why is that an excuse for being poor?

Comment

Working...
                              X