• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denis Hurley Hits A Hundred

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11317.php

Hurley Hits A Hundred
    28 December 2012, 10:02 am
    By The Editor

Full-back Denis Hurley will become the 25th Munster player to win 100 competitive caps tomorrow in the game against Ulster at Thomond Park Stadium.

28 year old Hurley made his debut against Llanelli Scarlets at Stradey Park in May 2006 in the second last game of that season's League. He added just one more cap to his tally the following season but in 2008/2009 grabbed centre stage when preferred to Shaun Payne at full back, he made his Heineken Cup debut in the quarter final game against Gloucester at Kingsholm. The Cork born son of Gerry member of the famous 1978 All Black conquering squad and Mary Hurley, totally justified the faith shown in him by the then Munster coach Declan Kidney with a sterling performance perhaps highlighted by the threaded thru ball he delivered for Doug Howlett to score the decisive second half try.
    He was full back for five of the remaining seven games of that season including the semi final win over Saracens and the final triumph against Toulouse in Cardiff.
    Senior and A international caps came in the summer of 2009 and since then Hurley, barring injury, has rarely been out of the match day squad.

Fair play Dinny, very decent FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Drick View Post

the threaded thru ball he delivered for Doug Howlett to score the decisive second half try.
      That was right in front of me. Douggie told him where he wanted the ball and Denis put it on the proverbial sixpence. From about 20:30 here

Comment

Well done Dinny, a most underrated player.
        "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Hear hear - I will admit I wasn't so sure about him a couple of years ago, but he has really worked on his skills, turning himself into a fine fullback, a great reader of the game and becoming a very assured, effective player. Nowadays I always feel confident about his name being on the teamsheet. Congratulations Dinny, hope to see you get many more.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

The James Coughlan / Mick O'Driscoll of fullbacks.
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Congrats DH. Well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                That was right in front of me. Douggie told him where he wanted the ball and Denis put it on the proverbial sixpence. From about 20:30 here
                best of all did it on the run in a split second, for someone so many on here rate as nothing special, not up to scratch etc he's not done too badly really
                \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                  The James Coughlan / Mick O'Driscoll of fullbacks.
                  A great comparison. And a great compliment. Nice one.
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                    Only 3 years ago but seems like a life time when you see the players that have gone.
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

a good player, not a great player. But deserves massive respect for getting the tonne up.
                      Anyone who can play so many times for a top team while lacking in so many areas, it says a lot about their courage, discipline, self belief and commitment.

He is from the Kelly/Horgan school of backs as opposed to the Zebo/Jones school.

Well in Dinny

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
                        a good player, not a great player. But deserves massive respect for getting the tonne up.
                        Anyone who can play so many times for a top team while lacking in so many areas, it says a lot about their courage, discipline, self belief and commitment.

He is from the Kelly/Horgan school of backs as opposed to the Zebo/Jones school.

Well in Dinny
                        Sweet holy god.
                        clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                          Sweet holy god.
                          Where am I wrong there Barley?
                          I applaud the man for achieving whathe has with such limited ability. He is a Kevin Kilbane type player.
                          And for what he has achieved he deserves massive credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
                            I applaud the man for achieving whathe has
                            And for what he has achieved he deserves massive credit.
                            Edited that for you.
                            Now it looks a little more genuine.
                            clowns

Comment

barley, ure not getting this
                              if he had achieved what he has, with the abilty of say an O'Dea or a JJ or a Felix, I would say he has not lived up to the potential and I would not be overly enthused. But he hasnt anything like the ability of those lads, he is very limited and this is the very reason he deserves credit. Its because he is so limited that his achievments are so laudable
                              Get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X