Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Spoofer View Post
    Yeah, it was all the acid in the 60's man.

Unfortunately I dont have the GIF gift but if you thought it was a shin or an arm then I assume biology was not a stong subject of yours.

If that had happened to a Munster player this place would be in meltdown mode.
    haven't seen it so can't comment hence not in uproar about it, as opposed to any bias.
    \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

I thought Ulster's kids played really well, we shouldn't lose sight of that.

Dire as Munster were I thought ROG was able to keep things moving forward when Munster got their hands on the ball. I think he's starting at 10 as much for his head as his hands and feet, and that's what Keatley has to overcome.

Munster had three or four decent opportunities that they couldn't put away due to errors or good Ulster defence. But I felt Munster were close, even though playing in fits and starts.

If O'Connell gets back and we're still in the hunt I'd be optimistic that we'd do well in the Pro12. But we'll need the team as a whole to make a big step up to get to a HEC QF or SF.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
        Murray loses concentration too frequently; look at how many times have you seen him looking out to the backline while the ball was actually out and playable by the opposition. Or else he's involved in something else and not getting into position to perform his primary role. He is not as good a player now as he was two years ago IMHO.

Lets be Honest he is a pretty average S/H !!!

He is slow to the breakdown, has to step to make a pass and is usually asleep at scrum put in and take away. His kicking over the ruck is just average. if I were Penney I would bring back any decent S/H he can find in NZ while on hols next summer. Unless we are going to rob Connacht by making an offer to Marmion ???

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
          Lets be Honest he is a pretty average S/H !!!

He is slow to the breakdown, has to step to make a pass and is usually asleep at scrum put in and take away. His kicking over the ruck is just average. if I were Penney I would bring back any decent S/H he can find in NZ while on hols next summer. Unless we are going to rob Connacht by making an offer to Marmion ???
          I respectfully disagree. He's 23 and as most younger players are can be a little inconsistent. He's had plenty of good games in both red and green and a few poor ones which tend to get highlighted.

I guarantee that in about 2-3 years times he will be a top scrum half and someone that we can't do without. Please bear in mind that at his age Sexton was struggling to get a game at Leinster. Scrum half is as much a cerebral position as out half and it takes to get the decision making process consistent as you move up levels. His ascent to Irish scrum half has been swift.

Comment

I think Murray, whilst deserving at the time of his chance, probably hit Ireland level too early. The problem is although he's 23 he's probably only really 1 year or so in terms of pro level development. He's still learning and as I believe Outlaw (correctly) said has maybe only realised 60% of his ability at present. In a couple of years time he may have progressed a fair bit but at present he is painfully inconsistent and being so under the spotlight isn't helping.
            \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Working...
            X