Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr chips
    replied
    Clearly the message hasn't been getting through.

To be clear - this is not the place for people to throw insults at one another and stir up interprovincial bitching. Two posters have already been binned for sidetracking the thread with exactly this nonsense in spite of repeated requests and warnings.

Ulster_til_I_die and MrsMcGahan are in the bin for a week. The next person I put in the bin will go for a fortnight. The next for a month, and so on. I am sick shit of looking at all the petty, childish, irrelevant sniping. Either talk about the rugby and be civil about it, or GO AWAY

Leave a comment:

• jeepers
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulster_til_I_die View Post
    I couldn't believe what I was watching when I saw Horan run onto the pitch last night. Have they no self respect and understanding that their legendary status is gradually being eroded by their attempts to re-live those days? Have they no vision and hope for the new boys coming through for the future and good of Munster Rugby. What about JJ? He was stunning in SA in Jacksons absence and had many thinking that this was a possible Irish 10, ahead of Paddy.

Its all well and good for us other supporters to criticise but I feel I have a right, there are few bigger Irish rugby supporters than myself.

Rant over.
    Next thing you will be expecting Declan Fitzpatrick to resign his Ulster contract and go on the dole because he can only manage about 3 games a year for Ulster. Stephen Ferris isn't exactly value for money either - may as well throw him on the scrap heap as well.

Leave a comment:

• overthehillprop
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    Would Munster not have been better served by having players other than ROG, Springer and Horgan to unleash off the bench? This isn't a wind up, apart from JJ for ROG is the're no one else?
    WUM

Would Ulster not be better off giving Gilroy and Marshall game time with the first team instead of leaving that to Kidney?

Leave a comment:

• barleys chinos
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
    Would Munster not have been better served by having players other than ROG, Springer and Horgan to unleash off the bench? This isn't a wind up, apart from JJ for ROG is the're no one else?
    No theres nobody else,well spotted by you.

Leave a comment:

• Jackie Brown
    replied
    Re: Munster v Ulster - Dec 29th 17.30 Team named #132

Leave a comment:

• MrsMcGahan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ulster_til_I_die View Post
    There's nobody on this site more bigoted and deluded than you i'm afraid. And that's saying something.

Laughing stock around the globe? Erm, is being a member of the PIIGS the perfect example of nationhood amid the current international arena?? Ffs. Do people like you actually think before you click enter?

IMO you and others on here are trying to cling onto the glory days of the noughties. They are gone. Get over it. Munster were fortunate to have so many world class players coming through at the same time during that era. Sadly, the calibre of player that was then is not now. These things come in cycles, yes we (Ulster) have won f*ck all but hopefully this is the start of our successsful cycle. Cos' by God we deserve something after a decade of bullsh*t since 99' while we watched on jealously as Munster and Leinster ran amuck. I said it on here after we were thumped in the final last season (vs Leinster), that I wasn't even that disappointed because I knew in the long term that that defeat would do us good. Leinster were at the top and couldn't get any better so, for them, with an ageing team, the only way was down. Munster, of course were and still are in a period of transition which now looks like a long process.

Clinging on to the sentimental 'good old days' boys like O'Gara and Stringer is, quite frankly an embarrassment on the Munster team managements part. I couldn't believe what I was watching when I saw Horan run onto the pitch last night. Have they no self respect and understanding that their legendary status is gradually being eroded by their attempts to re-live those days? Have they no vision and hope for the new boys coming through for the future and good of Munster Rugby. What about JJ? He was stunning in SA in Jacksons absence and had many thinking that this was a possible Irish 10, ahead of Paddy.

Its all well and good for us other supporters to criticise but I feel I have a right, there are few bigger Irish rugby supporters than myself.

Rant over.
    The thing I notice here in the Republic is people wince when they hear the nordie accent, whether it's Nationalist or heathen. There must be a reason for that.

Leave a comment:

• MrsMcGahan
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
    Killer go his chance through injuries and age of the alternatives, yes he took it but he got it by chance, same as standard with Munster, wait your turn or for someone to drop so ill/injured they can't get onto the park.
    You're another one who thinks Jim Corr and the Lizardarians are in with Kidney's plot to mess up Irish rugby through a weird terror of trying something new...

The key phrase in the above is: "THEY TOOK THEIR CHANCE"

That's the way it is 99% of the time. POC, Leamy, DOC came in when a player got injured.

Re JJ, he's not ready and that's it. They would love him to be ready and they are giving him an easychair ride to build him up.
    At some point the player clicks and takes off. But it's up to him.
    Nobody is blocking him. If he starts blaming nefarious plotters on his slow progress - that underlines some immaturity lying there.

Leave a comment:

• SHRR
    replied
    Originally posted by the_dazz View Post
    Anyone else think that maybe Penney doesnt have 100% of the say in his selection of players? Im not talking about the internationals Im thinking more along the lines of Downey and Laulala. Two guys who quite clearly arent working, as either a combination or as individuals. Money was spent on them last summer and in a time where money is tight is it possible that the Garret Fitzgeralds of Munster are making Penney pick the guys they spent money on?
    I totally accept this might be wild and completely wrong but it being Ireland we live in I wouldnt be surprised if some of it is true.

I am confident that Penney isnt happy with the ability of the a lot of the squad, he said as much at the start of the year and I think it is reflected in his squad selection throughout the year. I see a huge clear out coming this summer and some new faces coming in, from where I dont know but I reckon Penney has his eye on guys who can play his type of game. A few guys I think will be gone are:
    Danny Barnes
    Scott Deasy
    Ivan Dineen
    Felix Jones
    Johne Murphy
    Peter Stringer
    Sean Scanlon - through injury Id imagine
    Wian Du Preez
    One of Ian Nagle/Dave Foley
    Barry O Mahony
    Marcus Horan
    Niall Ronan

Thats probably too big a list but its the guys I reckon Penney doesnt want around or rate very highly.
    100% on others having a say on selection. Penney hasn't just turned up and thought, Johnny Murphy - not good enough, Danny Barnes - not good enough, Felix .... and as a result we haven't got the best out of the new signings this year. Could well be that they don't have to fight for thier place on the team. They are automatic starters even
    when they look ordinary on the pitch. Penney should reevaluate his philosophy. As he said about getting the ball to the edge, you have to earn that right. Same should be said for players starting - you got to earn that right!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As a change of topic . . . . . . . Did anyone see DOC heading over to the sin bin area after he was stamped on. I was right above it and would swear by my lip reading he told Marshall twice . . ."Your ****ing dead, your ****ing dead".

I broke down laughing.

The half time whistle blows and DOC legs it off the field towards the sin bin area/ tunnel . . . . .

Id say Marshall was hiding in the jacks by that stage.

I don't think Murray had his best game last night at all at all . . . .but by god Marshall showed nothing . .other than a mouth and a sneaky cheap boot.

Leave a comment:

• Ulster_til_I_die
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    Where Munster have a player as good, or almost as good we have gone with the local lad, earls would and has been starting before LLL killer is now first choice over wian, play archer and you get hammered but the interest is on getting archer up to it,, ulster won't play Marshall unless they have to rest ruin, even though he is hcup quality, Payne and stander cancel each other as being probably top quality projects, I'm sure the IRFU would love to have both available ASAP. The contracting of LLL is to cover for earls and Downey is a replacement for mafi, but there is more interest from Munster in developing our own
    And my God did you not half dodge that post (that ripped your own drivel to shreds). You should get into politics.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X